News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long are the reporters going to wait? Dale left and Pagliaro took over. Tweets have slowed to a crawl.

Hurry up and wait is the journalism mantra.

They'll patiently wait for this incident to play out while covering something else until Doug's announcement.

Dollars to doughnuts reporters find Doug before Rob does.

Thanks VP, I had actually seen that.

I suppose I can be described as a centrist and tend to look at the left AND the right with a tad more caution. Where conservatives are in question, I become concerned about slash and burn policies. Hudak's announcement today that he will cut 100K public sector jobs so he can balance the budget in 2 years and ultimately create 1M jobs leave me scratching my head wondering how ... Dude is seriously scary. And the right to work legislation he's backed away from, well you get the picture. NDP tends to be a little too union friendly IMO but the reality is, as much as we may not want to admit it, unions are still necessary and many employee benefits and safety regs we enjoy are in large part due to unions. My problem is I like balance and so when one leans one way or the other, I tend to be more cautious and questioning.

As for Chow, there are many aspects of her as a mayoral candidate I respect. She can relate to many challenges Torontonians face: what it's like to be an immigrant, to not have money, to have to work as a young person to contribute to family finances, English as a second language, dealing with alcohol abuse, relying on TTC etc. she has more the people's touch than Ford for sure. Ford claims to be an average guy but is nothing more than the baby of a rich, over-indulged warped family. So Chow is not out of the question. I'm just cautious about her as I am about Tory. Tory possibly more so given his COI with the island airport, his waffling and so on.

Ultimately it's early in the municipal election yet. Now is the time to be cautious and questioning. We have been burned badly by the Ford years. Cynical me wonders if despite all the distractions and controversy if many Torontonians won't take the expedient approach nonetheless but either failing to show at the polls or voting according to their politics. I guess time will tell.

Thanks for taking the time to answer in detail. I have no doubt that no matter which choices you make, they will be informed choices, and I respect that. I wish more voters were like you.

Reading stuff from today's docs it's almost impressive Sandro made a gang crap themselves all on his own! Wonder if he's nervous now that all those Bloods know where he lives!

Reading stuff from today's docs it's almost impressive Sandro made a gang crap themselves all on his own! Wonder if he's nervous now that all those Bloods know where he lives!

Where the fuck are these docs? Nothing published yet that I can find beyond a City piece.

Every time I see Jimmi T's name pop up, my mind sees a Jimmi T that I worked with when I first moved to T.O (2003). The human mind works in strange ways.

Wild theory. Perhaps Doug doesn't know where Rob is right now. It's Friday night, after all, and one assumes he's doing a little bar hopping.

I know where RoFo is!
I have been visiting London ON for the past few days....and he has to be here!
I present Exhibit A:
rehab night club.jpg

Attachments

• rehab night club.jpg
    rehab night club.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 981
Rob Ford: One wild night in March
Kevin Donovan Investigations, Published on Fri May 09 2014
http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2014/05/09/rob_ford_one_wild_night_in_march.html

woww

could this be it for Ford?

Ford’s perpetually shiny Escalade is moving through icy streets with Ford at the wheel. Ford is wasted; on what, is unclear. It’s about 8 p.m.

Down the stairs they go. Ford’s wife Renata is on the couch, a tired lounger that has been described to the Star by paramedics and firefighters who have attended calls at the house over the past two years. Renata is smoking a joint.

“You’re a f---ing idiot,” Renata says.

Enraged, Ford rummages for his Don Bosco coaching jacket. “It’s where I keep my weed,” he tells people in the room. Ford turns on his wife, screaming that she has taken his drugs. Standing there quietly are Lisi and Bellissimo.

To a visitor, Ford says, almost offhanded, “You can f--- her if you want, in front of me.”

Nobody speaks. The comment is ignored by Ford’s wife. Men in the room are shocked.

“It’s okay,” Ford burbles. “She lets me f--k girls in front of her all the time.”

classy

Last edited:
Ford has two ways of communicating as he drives — his cellular phone and his Onstar device, a General Motors product that acts as a cellphone. During one call as he drives that night, Ford is recorded as saying the following about Jews, blacks and Italians:

“Nobody sticks up for people like I do, every f---ing k--e, n----r, f---ing w-p, d-go, whatever the race. Nobody does. I’m the most racist guy around. I’m the mayor of Toronto.â€

On a roll, Ford continues to spew invective that may be the worst published yet. At one point he makes a rude comment about his mother.

His tirade is interrupted by a call from Dennis Morris, Ford’s lawyer. Morris voices immediate concern that Ford is driving and tells him to pull over. Ford does not respond kindly. Morris suggests the police may be tailing him.

“The cops are f---ing right behind me. They are, it’s fine,†Ford says.

Morris tells Ford he cannot be driving drunk.

To which Ford responds, “Yeah, you never had your f---ing kids taken away.â€

(Asked this week if he recalled the incident and telephoning Ford, Morris said he believes his client was parked at the time.)

For no apparent reason, Ford turns on Bellissimo and hits him squarely in the face twice — boom, boom — forgetting that he has a bagful of Big Macs in his hand. Burgers and fries scatter. Ford makes Bellissimo pick them up.

geez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back