News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I didn't know any better, I would think Doug is using his campaign manager skills again...

GraphicMatt 12:42pm via Echofon
"Mr. Hudak, for his part, smiled awkwardly as the scene unfolded." Amazing. http://bit.ly/1fZublV

Also the hospital: could be as simple as s mental/physical assessment. He's a big guy. No rehab, private or not, wants someone to die on their watch and when does anyone here think the last time Rofo went for a checkup was? If ever.

An assessment would not take 4 days. I still think he got admitted with Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.

An assessment would not take 4 days. I still think he got admitted with Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.

Oh, quite possibly! Or there may be telltale signs of Hep C, Liver failure, all manner of things. That was pretty much my point -- there's no end to the reasons
and it wouldn't be inconsistent.

Oh, quite possibly! Or there may be telltale signs of Hep C, Liver failure, all manner of things. That was pretty much my point -- there's no end to the reasons
and it wouldn't be inconsistent.

Also, something that hasn't come up is methadone. His sister is on it. It would be very easy for him to get. If he indeed "gave up the pills" (but not the blow!) as has been quoted, well...

...and methadone, along with alcohol, is a horrible thing to detox off of. Perhaps he showed up at rehab, saying "here I am!" and they took one look at him and sent him to the hospital.

Who knows. We probably never will know the full story.

@goldsbie: SNL: Rob Ford said that "rehab reminds him of 'football camp.' But only because he wanted to quit both after taking less than 12 steps."

Hahaha. We need this SNL clip :D

I was actually disappointed in that as a joke because the first thing it reminded me of was the part of the Toronto Life profile where young Robbie doggedly kept running laps for football training (because players were excused from laps only if they could complete them in under a set time which he never managed). Not quite as lazy as "I thought all crackheads were thin!" but certainly not exquisitely sharp.

The epiphany part of the story is obvious bullshit. On April 30th he was at work trying to find tickets to the Raptors game. He was forced into rehab by the release of the tapes.

warmington broke the initial story on the night of 30 april, just after 8:00 PM; he then immediately turned to newstalk 1010 to spread the message far and wide. within two hours, news of yet another crack video (in his sister's basement) hit the fan. consensus at the time was that the first story was meant to deflect and to mitigate the impact of the second.

that is, there was no epiphany whatsoever. walls were closing in.

according to his spin, warmington surmised that rob ford might look back on this one day and thank his toronto sun mouthpiece and erstwhile confidante for getting him the help he needs. his sense of self-importance inspires awe.

the mayor left his home around 7:30 AM the following morning (1 may). we learned later in the day that he had chartered a private jet from buttonville to chicago, and we know how that turned out.

Last edited:
No, this morning at a presser to improve transit. Commuters were yelling that they just wanted to go home...

So Hudak figured he'd just stop a train and film a segment or tried to do it on the fly? I guess one of the conductors saw the crew and called it in to the Transit cops?

You would think an "intent on Union busting Premier candidate" would know enough to not flaunt the rules when in the midst of a unionized work environment.

What a tool. This guy is totally incompetent.

If I didn't know any better, I would think Doug is using his campaign manager skills again...

GraphicMatt 12:42pm via Echofon
"Mr. Hudak, for his part, smiled awkwardly as the scene unfolded." Amazing. http://bit.ly/1fZublV

Somewhere in the 905 is a Young PC volunteer who just freed up a bunch of time to work on the Ford re-election campaign.

You're suggesting the CBC is in collusion with Doug and Rob because Doug and Rob can provide the CBC with funding?

Okay.

Yeah, the whole post is a hot tinfoil mess. And long.

I have no reason to believe he's not in expensive, club med rehab that doesn't have a waiting list. And I totally buy that he was sent to a hospital for any number of reasons, where he would have time to spend on his phone. And that he could easily walk out of said hospital, go on an all night bender, and then be spotted at a Tim Horton's before returning. And then get sent back to the rehab for further treatment. I really don't see what's not adding up.

The only part that doesn't ring true was the CBC diligently reporting the rehab doctor saying “I have every assurance and confidence he was nowhere else.†How could he possibly know, and how could the reporter not probe that line further?

So Hudak figured he'd just stop a train and film a segment or tried to do it on the fly? I guess one of the conductors saw the crew and called it in to the Transit cops?

You would think an "intent on Union busting Premier candidate" would know enough to not flaunt the rules when in the midst of a unionized work environment.

What a tool. This guy is totally incompetent.

So the deal is that they didn't obtain a permit to film on the TTC. Basically, they broke the rules. But in classic Rob Ford-style, apparently rules don't apply to them. Because, instead of apologizing for failing to follow the rules that the average citizen would have to follow, here's what they're saying:

Ontario PC ‏@OntarioPCParty 1 hr
TTC Union Double Standard: Liberals allowed to hold avails on subway, conservatives told no. #onpoli #VoteON

CUPE workers stop Tim Hudak photo op on the TTC. They are only interested themselves, not fixing transit for commuters.

So the deal is that they didn't obtain a permit to film on the TTC. Basically, they broke the rules. But in classic Rob Ford-style, apparently rules don't apply to them. Because, instead of apologizing for failing to follow the rules that the average citizen would have to follow, here's what they're saying:

TTC Union Double Standard: Liberals allowed to hold avails on subway, conservatives told no. #onpoli #VoteON

CUPE workers stop Tim Hudak photo op on the TTC. They are only interested themselves, not fixing transit for commuters.

Wow. Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back