News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes the support today has been overwhelming and we are so grateful that so many recognize and support the important work Griffin Centre does.

Warm Regards,

Catia Valenti Mishaiel
Director, Fundraising & Development"

How's that for customer service? (the one thing the Fords seem to value). Ten minutes later, on a Saturday night at 11pm. And no slurred words.

I got something very similar, but it also mentioned things that were specific to the email I sent, so they're not just sending out form letters, they're taking the time to specifically reply, which is great. On the Saturday night of a long weekend!

People everywhere raise concerns about changes to their areas, whether those changes involve Walmarts or windmills. So I don't really think it's fair to attack the neighbours too harshly if they had a group home thrust on them with little notice, and there have been episodes there during the first couple months. Most neighbourhoods built in the last fifty years, those twisty turny cul-de-sac places, are monocultures. They're not built to accommodate anything but more of the same. So even though I think the residents are within their rights to express their worries to their representative, I hope the contrast between their ideal right-kind-of-people neighbourhood and the rot underneath that the Fords have exposed - the crack houses, the drunk driving, the no-good on-parole middle-aged children living in the basements, the sister shot in the face, the boyfriend shot on the doorstep, the white supremacists hanging out (again in the basement), the drug-dealing from the strip malls, the you can fuck my wife if you want - catches fire due to this dustup. Monocultures are always bad.

Last edited:
I am liking Ari more and more. :)
http://ariformayor.com/doug-ford-and-autism/
Doug Ford and Autism

Somewhere inside the heart and mind of Doug Ford there is the agony of failure. There is something there that he does not want to admit to, and I bet that something has to do with the fact that he is a failure to his father. Doug Ford is not a successful businessman. He did not build a great business. He is not a great politician, and he is a terrible strategist. He has had privilege and opportunity handed to him. He has had money and a thriving business handed to him, and he has been able to work with these. But he wasn’t able to create them.

Doug is a failure desperately trying to hide his ineffectiveness inside the bluster of a bully. And the city of Toronto is his schoolyard.

Hurts, doesn’t it, Mr.Ford?

It hurts to have your weaknesses exposed. Even if Doug Ford actually reads these words, and even if he categorically denies them, the fact is people continue to detect the reek of failure upon him. Especially after he makes his next speech, blaming the media, blaming the lack of subways, blaming anything but himself or his brother, people will still raise an eyebrow and think to themselves, “Yeah right. Loser.”

That’s got to hurt when you know that people all around you see you as different, less capable, an inferior part of society.

It must be like what autistic kids feel
Mr. Ford’s angry tirade revealed far more than the daily bigotry and arrogance that we have now come to expect from him and his brother. It reveals the shame he feels at being a lesser person. He doesn’t have what those in his social circle have and no amount of money can buy it. He feels secondary.

But I know that those hard working kids at the Griffin Centre are big enough to forgive him.

It's too bad people like Ari Goldkind have no chance of winning, instead we have a focking crackhead bigot with close to 30% support.

typezed said:
Most neighbourhoods built in the last fifty years, those twisty turny cul-de-sac places, are monocultures.

Like you say, Jeffcoat is fairly typical of many streets in Etobicoke, North York and Scarborough that were built in that era.

From reading the article, I got the sense that these people don't really know what it means to be neighbourly. They are probably scared of everyone and everything outside their doors, and that is why they don't want the centre in their 'hood.

And, if they're parents or have neighbours who are parents, there's a good chance that they come about their fright at first hand, i.e. they're "projecting" their own failure--because their own kids steal and hang out w/gang-bangers, they *really* think it's a big hostile world out there.

Incidentally, I know there's a general common principle of leaving private realms alone, which includes the respective Ford family residences (Rob's not excepted)--but I *can* see this issue breaking said "common principle" and leading to actual picketers and protesters in front of Doug's house on Tettenhall. And maybe even justifiably so--which'd be a first for *anything* Ford-related.

(Anyone up to organizing? Or, best not to?)

Original posted story has now been tweeted 980 times.....
I made an account on the site just to comment. :)

“If it comes down to it, I’ll buy the house myself and resell it.”
This guy is the scum of the Earth..

Yeah I have so much money, I'll just buy the house and make the problem disappear..
eh, what do you mean? The Fords are just like you and me. Haven't you ever pulled out half a million from your back pocket and bought out an annoying neighbour? :p

Enough is enough!

It's time for those with information to expose this douchebag hash dealer for what he really is!

Put the deets on this forum. I'm sure TPS is monitoring and it would be a great way for them to get anonymous tips. I've had enough of gumba bros but I don't have direct knowledge. I've heard (obviously hearsay on my part) from people that thug dealt.

Attacking the weakest in our society shows that Thug is not a man. Real men protect the weak and disabled.....hopefully thugs people read this!!!

Such a DOUCHEBAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back