News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm upset at the Star for doing this. Really? Posting a video of people mocking Ford for going into a KFC? Perhaps a laff or two, but unworthy for the Star to link to it on the top spot of their site. Why stoop to the level of the Toronto Sun?

ttk:

Not to say that losing weight is easy or that setbacks aren't common, but I think it spoke volumes about how - in spite of his stubborness - he has so little determination compared to his predecessor. All of which speaks of a deficiency in self-control.

AoD

ttk:

Not to say that losing weight is easy or that setbacks aren't common, but I think it spoke volumes about how - in spite of his stubborness - he has so little determination compared to his predecessor. All of which speaks of a deficiency in self-control.

AoD

Believe me, I know how difficult it can be to lose weight. After graduating university I was a hefty 230 lbs and dropped down to 160 in about a year. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. 10 years later after having gained a significant portion of it back I'm about 15lbs into losing it again. I'm not questioning his inability to stick to the diet...I'm questioning why he would continue with the weekly humiliation. I think it shows both stubbornness and determination to step on that scale, but there's some disconnect there between a determination to go through the motions and a determination to actually get things done. It's really quite sad.

ttk:

That's what I meant about stubborness and determination - on one hand, he is stubborn enough to not call it quits, but on the other, he lacks the determination to see it all through. It speaks of someone who talk lofty goals but had no competence to see to it that the task is completed - and kind of feels like a metaphor for his mayoralty. It's sad for him as a person, but sadder for the city for having chosen him as the chief magistrate.

AoD

That's a good point, Alvin. It's just too bad the Star has to take such a childish approach to much deeper issues.

I'm not questioning his inability to stick to the diet...I'm questioning why he would continue with the weekly humiliation. I think it shows both stubbornness and determination to step on that scale, but there's some disconnect there between a determination to go through the motions and a determination to actually get things done. It's really quite sad.

It was always about cutting the waste and never about cutting the waist. I do wonder if this was another ill thought out stunt by one of his handlers.

Well that was quick: I just got a robo-survey that asked, among other things, if I thought Ford should attend Pride. There were also several questions about possible election matchups, involving Ford, Vaughan, and various third options (Stintz, Tory, Carroll). Also interesting were two questions pitting building a DRL against Eglinton Crosstown, and against Sheppard LRT. (And then there were a ton of questions about MLSE and its governance....)

Well that was quick: I just got a robo-survey that asked, among other things, if I thought Ford should attend Pride. There were also several questions about possible election matchups, involving Ford, Vaughan, and various third options (Stintz, Tory, Carroll). Also interesting were two questions pitting building a DRL against Eglinton Crosstown, and against Sheppard LRT. (And then there were a ton of questions about MLSE and its governance....)

I think it's pretty easy to guess the results of the transit expansion question- just take the geography of the dialed number and you can take a pretty accurate guess.

I for one would LOVE to have a DRL (considering I have substantial financial interest in it), but the right thing to do, having lived and continuously travel across the city, is to build the western part of the Eglinton Crosstown and the Shepperd LRT/Subway. A DRL is a nice to have, but it's a much shorter commute to where one needs to go as opposed to someone travelling from the other distant parts of the city to the core

Arguably a DRL is needed before the Crosstown and Sheppard LRT start dumping yet more riders onto Yonge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back