News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's now a pretty distinct possibility that we'll have an election in October -- to replace Ford. His conflict of interest trial is September 5, 6 and 7. If the judge finds Ford guilty of breaching this law, the mandatory sentence is removal from office and prohibition from running for office for up to 7 years at the discretion of the judge. If the Mayor leaves his seat, a by-election will need to be called. I bet Doug Ford would try to replace his brother and we'd probably get Adam Vaughan and Shelley Carroll flipping a coin to run. Either of them could handedly beat Doug I think. Even Rob Ford supporters don't typically like the senior Ford.

I doubt that will happen, and if so.... a sneaky way for the left to get back in power
My prediction if this happens, would be some one from the so called mighty middle or deputy mayor Doug Holyday winning this handley over Adam or Shelly. Brotherly love would have Doug not running and staying in council to stir some shit.

Of course I'm not a judge but the evidence is as plain as day. Sure, the punishment might be harsh but it's harsh for a reason. No amount of conflict of interest should be allowed as its a sign of a member of council easily swayed to corruption. The only way out of this for Ford is if the judge finds the punishment too harsh and politically this would look bad. But then the judge is allowing the Mayor off the hook only because he's the Mayor. The optics of that are also pretty bad.

I doubt that will happen....

Yeah, there was already an article posted around here somewhere that said that the 'mandatory' is not all that mandatory and that the judge has a lot of leeway to impose much, much more subtle penalties. Ford is not getting the boot in September. The likely result is that the judge will say, "Oh, you big silly, cut it out."

kkgg:
In the end, the vast majority of violent crimes in the US are committed by the black population, and you can't blame them for being scared, although often in an irrational and unwaranted way. If at 2 pm, I find myself followed by a man in downtown Baltimore, I would be more concerned if that man is black than if he looks Korean. So would you I guess.

Totally false. Much, if not most, violent crime in the US is domestic. That's enough of your trolling.

Now a word from our Mayor:

[video=youtube;t1p0mrG-m9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1p0mrG-m9U[/video]

Sounds like a 2-year toddler. Should be sent to his room, sorry, his office. Oh wait... his handlers already do that.

Think I'm going out to eat at Mr. Sub.

Only a 2 year old would want a subway, without having the money to pay for it. (and no clue how to get it)

Okay: scrolled back, and saw the word "banned" next to kkgg7's name. (Had to figure it'd happen sooner or later)

He was banned earlier on this year. Whether his time-out is permanent or temporary, your guess is as good as mine.

I love how you Ford bashers ignore the $285 million dollar surplus. Proper fiscal policy may not be your concern but for the majority of Torontonians who voted for him it sure is. I'm glad to see there is someone out there handling business and not wasting tax payer money. Make fun of him all you want the man is getting re-elected and I am sure it will be by an even by margin of victory then before.

Last edited:
Most of that surplus comes from the Land Transfer Tax that Ford wanted to scrap.

And Miller had a bigger surplus.

So your point is?

As Mayor, Miller grew the city’s operating budget by 44 per cent, $2.8 billion, increased the city’s debt by more than $1 billion and increased property taxes every year well beyond the rate of inflation. Ford has successfully fought and beat the unions, reduced the city budget for the first time since i can remember and has actually taken on councilors from inner Toronto who don’t give a d@mn about any Toronto resident north of Bloor.

That’s my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back