News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the Fords? He's definitely the smartest but that isn't saying much!

yup... pretty low bar with that lot.

So it's been a couple of days without a confirmed sighting.... what's it going to be today?
Timmies in Bracebridge this morning getting a cuppa on his way to a constituent meeting? The Marriot parking lot in Gravenhurst getting something a little stronger? The Bala Falls Pub, lookin' for a little McRobb'n? Windemere House getting some? or maybe just more bananas at the Foodland in Port for daiquiri night at the old Pub 169? or someplace new...

Yeah once he has no political power, the Youtube show will feature complaints about bike riding left wing pinkos (much indignation over Chow destroying the city), and sports talk. But since he can't reel off stats or even players names like a real sports commentator, it will be superficial and dull.

When the election is over and Rub loses by double digits there will be all kinds of quirky offers, reality tv etc, none will pan out. He'll go back to his regular routine, hanging around his loser buddies, he needs that attention and feeling that he's the Big Man and those losers will gladly supply it. It's just like the selfies, the guy has such low self esteem that even complete strangers that are total losers seem to make him feel "special".

Rub isn't dealing with a short term drug/booze problem, this is a decades old one and I put zero stock in him being even moderately changed based on his behavior at Robhab.

When the election is over and Rub loses by double digits there will be all kinds of quirky offers, reality tv etc, none will pan out.

bingo. it's hardly like the guy can start lecturing in poli sci at u of t, or sitting on the boards of big companies. in media, his only hope would be something like a 1x/week talk radio show of the sort he did before - a low-rent mix of grab-bag politics and sports.

we've already seen that he's hopeless at TV - even sun couldn't make his show with doug work out for more than 1 episode. rob ought to be looking at the likes of sarah palin and feeling scared: she had a reach and a media market orders of magnitude larger than rob's, and she couldn't make it work once she left politics (publishing, TV, radio, all flopped).

i'm guessing rob's future involves coasting off the deco payroll, yelling at potholes, and being a D-list celebrity punchline. he may well resurface in years, but he'd have to survive years in the wilderness first, and that's a long shot.

Last edited:
I honestly think that Rob is too much of a liability even for talk radio these days. Also, there's no way he could pull a Rush Limbaugh. No one watched his videos while he WAS mayor, people especially won't watch them after. The only interesting thing about Rob Ford is that he's done all of this while being Mayor, once he's no longer Mayor, no one will care anymore. He will fade into obscurity and if he doesn't take his own life (which I really hope he doesn't) he'll binge drink/use and kill himself that way. I feel really badly for his children. I honestly don't think there is any hope for him after this. His family put way too much stock in his being Mayor, he'll be useless to them after, he'll be useless to the CPC and his "friends". It's not like he's surrounded by people who he's built a foundation of trust and love with, he's surrounded by people who use him for his position, once that's goes so will they.
The situation for him is bleak. His family not acknowledging his real problems and using everything as political leverage isn't helping.

And speaking of Ford:
robford13.jpg

http://www.gramfeed.com/instagram/748914141623507081_1352658861

There's no context to this photo. I don't know if it's new, or a reposting (it doesn't look new fwiw), but it just showed up on instagram this morning. (notice though three of his vices in the background, the word Ribs, a tv on CP24 and what looks like a poster of a beer).

Attachments

• robford13.jpg
    robford13.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 875
Last edited:
I honestly think that Rob is too much of a liability even for talk radio these days. Also, there's no way he could pull a Rush Limbaugh. No one watched his videos while he WAS mayor, people especially won't watch them after. The only interesting thing about Rob Ford is that he's done all of this while being Mayor, once he's no longer Mayor, no one will care anymore. He will fade into obscurity and if he doesn't take his own life (which I really hope he doesn't) he'll binge drink/use and kill himself that way. I feel really badly for his children. I honestly don't think there is any hope for him after this. His family put way too much stock in his being Mayor, he'll be useless to them after, he'll be useless to the CPC and his "friends". It's not like he's surrounded by people who he's built a foundation of trust and love with, he's surrounded by people who use him for his position, once that's goes so will they.
The situation for him is bleak. His family not acknowledging his real problems and using everything as political leverage isn't helping.

And speaking of Ford:
View attachment 28696
http://www.gramfeed.com/instagram/748914141623507081_1352658861

There's no context to this photo. I don't know if it's new, or a reposting (it doesn't look new fwiw), but it just showed up on instagram this morning. (notice though three of his vices in the background, the word Ribs, a tv on CP24 and what looks like a poster of a beer).

To me this looks old. He looks like he's about to explode. If it is recent then he did not lose any weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back