8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign idea for those protesting:

Toronto Mayor: Needs to work with council members to get agenda through.
Rob Ford: Disrupts and antagonises rehab meetings.

Feren tweet.jpg

Attachments

• Feren tweet.jpg
    Feren tweet.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 770
and this:

Tabatha Southey ‏@TabathaSouthey 4m
I’m conflicted too but the idea that one’s experience in rehab is press-releaseable but not fact-checkable is troublesome.
Expand

@VTB, the info satisfied their editorial board, much like the info on the "alleged" crack video.

P.S. can't read your previous post, text too small.

Here we go...

http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?rid=16&lid=12&sid=1030

First items on the agenda this morning:
CC54.1 - Report on Violation of Code of Conduct: Mayor Rob Ford
CC54.3 - Integrity Commissioner Report on Violation of Code of Conduct: Councillor Mammoliti
CC54.4 - Report on an Inquiry into Lobbying by a Former Senior Public Office Holder

edit: Kudos to chester for beating me to the punch. I'm just going to leave this as I don't know what to replace it with.

Last edited:
I know we're gearing up for council fireworks, but back to the article for a second... ;)

Other than that my suspicions were confirmed about the nature of this little vacation, my big takeaway is that McRobb is not the footnote I assumed but a key source now, and media should absolutely be hammering on that point. It wasn't "they got acquainted in rehab, she got kicked out, he impulsively loaned her his car for a day or two." There is just no reasonable explanation for the details available right now and the story is obviously much bigger and juicier.

@VTB, the info satisfied their editorial board, much like the info on the "alleged" crack video.

P.S. can't read your previous post, text too small.

Here it is, typed out:

Speaking as someone who has struggled in the past with my own substance abuse issues (primarily involving heroin and crack), I would normally disapprove of a newspaper publishing details of anyone’s activities while in rehab. A private citizen is entitled to have their patient confidentiality protected, and their privacy respected.

However, I do not agree that such should be the case with a (very) public figure, when that public figure insists on running for office while using their fresh (and likely incomplete) rehab stint as part of their campaign narrative. When that same public figure goes so far as to speak with a friendly reporter while in rehab, and encourages others in that rehab to speak favourably of said public figure to said friendly reporter, one could reasonably conclude that the public figure in question has voluntarily WAIVED their right to confidentiality.

Rob Ford has made his rehab “success story†a central part of his re-election strategy. It is definitely NOT in the public interest to allow him to provide only HIS chosen narrative while declining to confirm or investigate the truth of the narrative he is providing. On the contrary, this story, which relates Rob Ford’s disruptive behaviour while in rehab, is actually in the vital public interest, because we are being asked to assess Ford as a candidate on a number of character issues: truthfulness, ability to work with others, and whether or not he is a bully (sober or not).

IF Rob Ford were merely a private citizen, and IF Rob Ford were not running for re-election as mayor, and IF there were not already myriad examples of Rob Ford’s mendacity, violent tendencies, and anti-social behaviour, this story might be considered inappropriate. But given the circumstances, it most definitely is not.

Richard Feren
Writer, @TOMayorFrod

Mike Layton
Just now · Twitter ·
Everyone in the council chamber gave a standing ovation to @PrideToronto for their hard work on World Pride, except the mayor. Disgraceful.

Thanks AlbertHwagstaff, my sentiments EXACTLY.

Ah, yes.

On his day of admonishing, Rob Ford can't muster the strength or character to *not* be the only council member not to rise in a standing ovation for Wong-Tam in regards to her work with Pride Toronto. I bet he is sad that Doug is not there to sulk in solidarity with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back