News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. Ford is as unpopular as ever and the perception of the Conservatives is not good. Ford is probably looking for a hole to hide in.

McGuinty isn't stupid. He knows that if an election is called, he will have more support than he did in the last election and will get a majority. That said, I bet he'd rather not have an election at all right now but he's calling the Tories' bluff hoping that the NDP falls in line.

McGuinty isn't stupid. He knows that if an election is called, he will have more support than he did in the last election and will get a majority.

Sorry, you must be dreaming..after the shite thats been going on lately with the provincial liberals, you would have to be a nut to vote for them:confused:

McGuinty isn't stupid. He knows that if an election is called, he will have more support than he did in the last election and will get a majority. That said, I bet he'd rather not have an election at all right now but he's calling the Tories' bluff hoping that the NDP falls in line.

Actually, some of the most recent provincial (not federal: *provincial*) polls have the Liberals in *third*, behind both the PCs and the NDP...

1.3 to 1.6? In rush hour? That means every 2nd to every 3rd car has 2 people in. That doesn't match my obsevations, especially if you don't count taxis!

I think during the rush hours, it would be closer to 1 person per car. Outside of the rush hours, especially closer to downtown, it would be closer to 2 or 3. In the 905, you can count it to be closer to 1 because of the lack of public transit. But average would work out to be 1.3 to 1.6.

That would be an older average. Probably needs to be re-examined due to current driving habits.

Last edited:
the provincial liberals are doing fine last time i checked.

When was the last time you checked - 6 to 8 years ago.

For most of the period from 10 to 35 years ago, Ontario was the top province. Now we are a have not province.

The only thing the Liberals are "doing fine" at is politics, where incredibly they continue to win elections despite their record of broken promises and poor results.

BurlOak:

Not to say I find the Liberals to be particularly good at governing OR haven't had their share of errors, but I think you are attributing far too much on the Liberals and far too little to the underlying economic trends. Actually you might be able to make a better correlation of Ontario's economic fortune with say, the price of the loonie or oil than the party in power.

AoD

Last edited:
The only thing the Liberals are "doing fine" at is politics, where incredibly they continue to win elections despite their record of broken promises and poor results.
That's a bizarre thing to say given how badly the Conservatives have lied when they were in power in Ontario, and currently Ottawa. And (to get back on topic), like at a prominent Tory like Rob Ford. Has any politician ever told more lies or broken more promised than Rob Ford? Well perhaps Doug Ford ...

And the NDP doesn't seem any better, with Howarth breaking her promise to support the budget - which one would presume didn't mean that they'd support the budget in the legislature, after they gut it in committee.

Well the obvious cat is out of the bag in a big way.

Doug Ford says he will run for Ontario PCs if Dalton McGuinty calls an election

“If [the premier] calls the election in July, I’m gone,” Councillor Doug Ford told the National Post on Friday.

Great, so you've been using you and your brother's position to essentially campaign for an MPP position for the past year and a half? That sends a positive message to your constituents who now know you're only a councillor for political gain. The guy is possibly quoted more than any other councillor in the media so it's not a surprise.

But wait...

He isn’t concerned what effect his comments could have on relations between the city and the provincial government. “The premier hasn’t done a lot for us,” said Mr. Ford. To his constituents, he said: “I can do more for them provincially, than municipally. Municipally, we have that covered with Rob. I’m going to cover the provincial side, and stay tuned on the federal side,” he said, adding later that he didn’t mean anything by that. “But we have got a big family.”

A guy who has done nothing for the city or his constituents municipally has the nerve to complain about McGuinty doing nothing? Huh? He's just one non-stop political gaffe after another.

It looks like Etobicoke North will soon be the home of a ferris wheel, daily Margaret Atwood book burnings, and 3 Timmy's locations for every constituent. I can't wait to take the Etobicoke North monorail with express service to Cloverdale Mall and Sherway Gardens in the future!

A lot more than voting for a party that is slowly being extinguished

You are one of those people that doesn't realize that the Federal party and the Provincial party are completely different, huh? The Liberals are doing fine in Ontario. You have a Liberal premier. On the other hand, there are discarded spatulas with more political capital than Tim Hudak.

The Liberals are doing fine in Ontario

From what I read in the newspaper these days, the NDP and PC seem to have more support in Ontario. I would like to see the NDP get a shot at governing Ontario and show people what they can do.

You seem to be basing your assumption only from what you see and hear in Toronto. Ontario stretches far beyond the '416' boundary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back