News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that will change anything. They're probably stuck in a dilemma where they can't legally deny the permit based on what might happen, they can only act on it after the fact, if they do use it as a camping event. As we all know they will.

...although it would be nice if something like this could be used as evidence they will be camping.

How much is the fine for "camping" in a park? I don't know, but my guess is it less than for an unleashed dog.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
In which Rob Ford might regret robocalling the NOW City Hall office: bit.ly/1qz23uQ

They recorded the whole thing. Fun!

Lol - and instead of hotmail lawyer, he got Bob Loblaw with a law blog.... (does that ever get old)?

I wish someone would surprise Ford with a Bob Loblaw law bomb, in spite of it being a low blow by Loblaw and his law blog.

P.S. Arrested Development quotes/references NEVER get old

I really think this robocall thing could sink this. It looks like the Ombudsperson is the only one who is taking this seriously, so let's all email her! I CCed the others as well.

ombuds@toronto.ca

parks@toronto.ca
talktoCityManager@toronto.ca,
jleiper@toronto.ca,
bchase@toronto.ca

Hi Ms.Crean,

I am following up in response to a recent issue that has come to my attention in regards to the use Thompson Memorial Park for the 2014 "FordFest".

I received a robocall this evening from Mayor Rob Ford, inviting me to Ford Fest. During the same call, I was asked to enter whether or not Mr.Ford could count on my support on election day. Mr. Ford has exposed a loophole in the permit granting process. As long as the application did not specify that the event was a campaign event, nothing would allow City staff to deny the permit based on what might or might not happen at the event. This is despite illegal campaigning documented by several media outlets on City property outside of a campaign year in 2103. I was told by each department that I initially contacted that their hands were tied until after the event.

However, within hours of receiving a permit, Mr.Ford felt that he was in the clear and took documented actions that laid out the intentions for this event. The robocall clearly shows that he has already switched gears. Tonight he used this event on City of Toronto property to campaign , which is in clear contravention of the Code of Conduct and Election Legislation.

I am requesting that you investigate this matter before Friday, and remove the permit based on the content of the robocalls sent to many citizens this evening.

Please do not hesitate to call or email with any further questions.

Sorry I'm a bit confused. Were these robo calls people are speaking of inviting you to FordFest and also asking if you will support RF in the upcoming election? Not that the two can be absolutely tied together from one call, ie. so he invites you and also asks a question, which may not be breaking the softy rules. Still...

Too late, didn't see above post.

I forgot to add to my email that FordFest is on the mayor's website as well. I'll be amending my email, keep that in mind when emailing.

Plus the Fords added the information about Ford Fest to Rob's re-election web site. It wasn't there yesterday, so they must have added it after they got the permit. Better to ask forgiveness than permission, the Ford family motto.

Mikey's legal name in 2012 was Michael Ford Stirpe. He turned 18 that year, so it jives that he is now 20 years old.

Micheal Douglas A. Ford... no really:
MD Ford.jpg

Attachments

• MD Ford.jpg
    MD Ford.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 951
No, it stands for Arsehole. It's a traditional Ford name going back generations.

No one west of Perth Ont. uses the term "arsehole", you must be one of those Ottawa Valley Elitists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back