8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A point about "FordFest":

Doug claims the province makes you 'climb through hoops' (Kinda like 'putting dots together' one guesses.) Rob says they've done this for '19 Years!' Doug says 'We didn't have time to get the permits'. It's almost as if they forgot how to do the thing THEY DO EVERY YEAR!

Regardless of the truthiness being blithely tossed out, you'd think they'd be Gladwell-ian, 10,000 Hour experts at this 'Fest' shit by now, yeah? Permits sewn up, I's dotted, T's crosssed, etc. Right now it looks like they decided on Monday to do it on Friday. And that they would bend reality and all existing policy to make it so.

Obviously, the mayor and his looming death-grin brother just make crap up as they go. Why that isn't apparent to the 'Keye's Constant' out there who will always want 'Ford More Years' is more baffling than the Caramilk Secret. Actually, that last statement was dumb. His supporters LIKE it that way, because that's the way THEY do everything. From building a simple shelf to corporate books.

Anyway, Happy FordFest, everybody!

Apparently by-law and park officials are going to be watching on Friday to make sure no camping is done at Ford Fest. How is Rob expected to sell any bubbleheads? Magnets? Ford Nation T-Shirts? Is the City now racist against capitalism? Is there no end to the persecution of the Fords? Should get interesting.

I read that while they can't do any camping, there is nothing stopping people who just show up from doing that. Maybe Iola Fortino can hand out stuff!

Still, I think this "drain-not-boost" strategy may have legs. Anybody else got 2 cents?

Rofo is not just an idiot, sometimes he's an idiot savant. He always says he wants more people to put their names on the merryl ballot. I think that's not an entirely idle boast from him. He likes playing the divide and conquer game. Retail politics still has name recognition as a factor, and he likes to repeat simple soundbites. Now this is not 2010, he's saddled with scandals but still refuses to step down, and now there are at least some relatively better opponents. And Rofo threatening to sic the Ford Nation on someone\something, is no longer the fearsome saber he once rattled.

But I would not completely underestimate him either. I still can't rest easy until I see his numbers at all time record low on election night. Maybe it will take a 3rd video if you want the circus to stop before election time, because nothing else has so far.

Rofo is not just an idiot, sometimes he's an idiot savant. He always says he wants more people to put their names on the merryl ballot. I think that's not an entirely idle boast from him. He likes playing the divide and conquer game. Retail politics still has name recognition as a factor, and he likes to repeat simple soundbites. Now this is not 2010, he's saddled with scandals but still refuses to step down, and now there are at least some relatively better opponents. And Rofo threatening to sic the Ford Nation on someone\something, is no longer the fearsome saber he once rattled.

But I would not completely underestimate him either. I still can't rest easy until I see his numbers at all time record low on election night. Maybe it will take a 3rd video if you want the circus to stop before election time, because nothing else has so far.

Not sure if a third video will do the trick either. Maybe we'll need a combo of that plus, oh I don't know, a DUI?

But knowing Rob Ford, I'm hoping he will come up with something truly horrendous that we haven't thought of yet.

Last edited:
Evvabeing, that 22 Minutes super ford brothers video made me laugh so hard I spit hot rooiboos tea out of my nose! (Lekker!) Screen is now red and drippy. Scent-surround. Very Fordian.

Thanks for the laugh ! Now pressing rewind...

Not sure if a third video will do the trick either. Maybe we'll need a combo of that plus, oh I don't know, a DUI?

But knowing Rob Ford, I'm hoping he will come up with something truly horrendous that we haven't thought of yet.

I'm usually just a lurker but something has been bothering me about the 2nd video.

Where the hell is it?

Seems the owner/sellers were on the run in Kingston (?) and then no news or info since then. I find it hard to believe that the press (or the Fords) have given up the chase. I honestly expected we would have seen it by now or at least some info on who has it, details on the sellers etc. We got that much at least from the first video.

Any info or rumours I may have missed?

Can you say Ralph Nader?

You've got something there Unique. What *would* it take to drag the other candidates down to Ford’s level?

The quantitative numbers we’ve got stink. Until there’s something more conclusive to work with, imma gonna hold my nose. Besides, qualitative voter analysis is more interesting in my line of Armchair Psychology.

Let’s consider the Keyes Constant. 27% of the population is batshit crazy or wants to vandalize CH with more Ford. Note that RoFo has exactly 27% in the Forum poll reported in the star. Selah.

Now, has the Ford campaign absorbed all the crazy in Toronto? If so, there’s no getting more of the Keyes Constant folks out of the other campaigns to come over to Ford. They’re already there.

So how to drain the other candidates support down to less than batshit crazy 27%?

How about the “thinking man/woman� How many of that group (sorry, elite) now support Chow or Tory? How many might be enticed over to the real mayor for the thinking man/woman: Dave Soks? Many, perhaps, but some thinkers are thinking about voting strategically, dontcha think?

Similarly, how many Tory or Chow voters could be brought over to Stintz? If Karen Stintz is as dumb as she sounds, I’m not sure what she’s got to offer. Right-wing women voters who ride the TTC a lot? I’m lost there.

Conversely, if Stintz quit and supported Ford, how many of her supporters would follow? Even if she threw in a free Metropass, I can’t see women who support Stintz going over to Ford. YMMV.

Still, I think this "drain-not-boost" strategy may have legs. Anybody else got 2 cents?

I'm usually just a lurker but something has been bothering me about the 2nd video.

Where the hell is it?

Seems the owner/sellers were on the run in Kingston (?) and then no news or info since then. I find it hard to believe that the press (or the Fords) have given up the chase. I honestly expected we would have seen it by now or at least some info on who has it, details on the sellers etc. We got that much at least from the first video.

Any info or rumours I may have missed?

good questions. Somehow Rob's rehab follies (trying to get into the US, getting turned away, disappearing, showing up at Timmy H's, etc etc) seems to have overshadowed the second video and its whereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back