News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got home from the Ford Freak Fest and I cannot believe the shit I heard and the f-ed up conversations I had. It was so depressing, it's hard not to lose faith in humanity. I decided to go once I read here that there were going to be gay protesters, I figured that might make some interesting video footage but I never saw any protesters at all. I had intended not to get in any debates with anybody. I figured I'd just film a bit, try one of the hamburgers (which I did not get to taste because there is no way am I standing in line for 90 minutes for a crap burger) and then head home but after about 30 minutes of pure bull-sit, I couldn't take it anymore. I ended up getting into about 10 conversations, that escalated to heated debates. It's interesting what Ford Nationals do when they lose a debate. lol They just turn around and walk away in disgust, still hollering.

My assessment of Ford Nation after spending 3 hours with them is a combination of mental illness, mental retardation, delusion, hopelessness, very badly informed and very, very angry at the world. It seems everyone is taking what should belong to them. In other words, everyone's a thief or a cheater. The rich are bad and the poor are, well, there is no poor, just well off people who go on welfare to get money.

Here are some strange facts I learned from Ford Nationals.

1 - 50% of rich people get free food at food banks every month.

2 - Most of the people waiting 1.5 hours in line to get a hamburger, are actually wealthy or at least well off.

3 - If you have any allergy, you can get approval from your doctor to receive 1.000 dollars a month from the government. (not sure which level of government) You don't need to get on disability or anything, you just get a report from your doctor.

4 - David Miller stole millions of dollars from tax payers money. Nobody explained how he did it or why he was not charged but he did it.

5 - Rich people like Kraft Dinner and Spam. See, they really are just like you and me!

6 - Bill Clinton did more hard drugs than Ford and nobody cared.

7 - Rob Ford never did drugs or drank alcohol while on the job and whatever he does on his own time, is his own business and does not effect his job.

8 - Canada and ALL Canadian politicians are corrupt and stealing our money, except for Rob Ford, who is an "honest" man. Seriously, people said that with a straight face and I just couldn't help but want to bang my head against a wall. Actually, I felt like I was doing just that.

These people are truly hopeless and helpless. I just don't think they have the reasoning skills to understand how things work. Not one of them even knew what the population of Toronto was. I asked a few simple questions about Toronto, that the average person should know but not a single one of them knew simple things like who was the first mayor of the Megga-City or who was the last mayor of Scarborough, North York or Etobicoke. Nobody could name the 5 cities/boroughs that used to make up Metropolitan Toronto. (before amalgamation) Not one person I spoke to could answer any question I asked them, yet they said they now more about Toronto than I did. lol People kept saying things like "you don't know what you're talking about " or "You don't understand how Toronto is". Almost all these people were not born in Toronto, yet they are telling me I don't know what's really happening in my own city.

If you point out they're wrong, you are in for a fight. I'm lucky I didn't get my ass kicked because a few times I felt things might go that way. Thank god the police were close by.

This is just some of the stupid shit I had people tell me, at Ford Fest.

Another thing I learned is that NOBODY at Ford Fest wants to debate on camera or even be filmed. I had more people ask me not to film them, than I have at the last 50 events I've filmed put together. Nobody would allow me to film our debates, probably because they said some really stupid things. This whole experience just left me feeling sick. The way people were screaming and cheering for him, as if he was Brad Pitt, just turned my stomach.

It was quite an eye-opening but disheartening, experience. It makes me nervous about the coming election.

I will be making a video of the event and I'll post it here, when I can stomach editing it.

I heard that there were a lot of people in attendance who lived well outside Toronto ... but who were nonetheless eager to vote for Rob Ford. They'll be waiting a long time for that electoral notice to come in the mail.

Yeah, if someone threw something and said some guy on the net told them to, I could see the police charging them maybe on principle. But since nothing happened and since it's such a minor thing (as opposed to say, saying someone should throw a rock or worse), it's baffling. And very bad optics as long as that Banerjee guy is uncharged while there is undeniable photographic evidence of him committing assault out there for anyone to see.

At least it wasn't something on this board but it's a bit strange any way you slice it. (And I like how someone who posts a comment on BlogTO is a "blogger" to the Canadian Press. I guess it's like 1997 and they're still wrapping their heads around this Internet thing.)

Assault is a hybrid offense*, so "councilling to commit an indictable offense" is a rather trumped up charge, especially when it's a silly BlogTO comment that calls for food to be thrown.

*I'm not a lawyer, but a hybrid offense refers to a criminal code offense that can be prosecuted as a summary or indictable offense, depending on the severity. Assault with a weapon, aggrevated assault, assault causing bodily harm or sexual assault are certainly those more serious charges that would likely result in indictment. But throwing tomatoes and eggs?

That the police investigated a stupid comment on a blog full of stupid posts is beyond stupid. Who took the time to push this?

Quasi-religious cultish behaviour anyone?

That the police investigated a stupid comment on a blog full of stupid posts is beyond stupid. Who took the time to push this?

Well, remember also the perpetrator of "drink gate", and Stevie Harper's piethrower.

AoD

Last edited:
File that one under "shit you assumed was Photoshopped because there is no way something that stupid could actually be real, but is in fact real"

At this point they might as well go ahead and redirect Toronto.ca to peopleofwalmart.com
Thanks animatronic, your last two posts have made my day!

Moronto is a new one for me, I've heard it sometimes derisively called 'the center of the universe'. ;P Though if Ford should win a 2nd term, Moronto might be fitting after all.
Seriously, I've noticed something odd. Well relatively odd by this circus standard. Rofo loves to say he's Da Mayor. But even during the Kimmel show, he rarely said what city he's mayor of. It's like this weird abstract 'Mayor'. Or just calls himself, 'Mayor Ford'.

He goes to LA, he visits their city hall, expects to be let in to the chamber because he's also a mayor. Just generally acts like it's his obvious right because he's Da Mayor. I think he may not even like Toronto that much, and considers himself at most , mayor of Canada. But he seems to hate going to Canadian merryl conferences.

Wait guys, you think...no it can't be. Do you think the MINO doesn't actually like Toronto?

No, he doesn't. At least not the old city of the Toronto. He has no vision for it but ultimately he doesn't care about it. All he has ever wanted for Toronto was to punish it for not being the way he wanted, and to undo what the 'downtown elite' made of it.

To me, Moronto meant Metro Toronto combined into one word. It never really caught on for some reason. :D

To others condemned to live outside the centre of the universe, it means "Manhattanite Hipsters".

The subway was " ------- limo." ( Insert your favorite ethnic group. )

Last edited:
No, he doesn't. At least not the old city of the Toronto. He has no vision for it but ultimately he doesn't care about it. All he has ever wanted for Toronto was to punish it for not being the way he wanted, and to undo what the 'downtown elite' made of it.

And yet, he have absolutely no qualms about claiming how all the cranes in the sky are his doing. I don't see that many out in Ward 2.

AoD

Here's his record as mayor to end-May 2014:

There were 6,785 votes and Rob missed 1,378 (80% attendance). Of the 5,407 where he did vote, Ford agreed with council 78% of the time.

When a motion is carried and Rob is there to vote:
Rob votes Yes: 3,813 (79%)
Rob votes No: 1,025 (21%)

When a motion fails and Rob is there to vote:
Rob votes Yes: 176 (31%)
Rob votes No: 393 (69%)

In contrast, Mary Margaret McMahon has a 96% attendance rate and votes with the majority 92% of the time.
Do you happen to have a spreadsheet covering that info for all Councillors? I've been doing it the old fashion way and not getting too far...It would be interesting to see say oldtimers Moeser vs Mammoliti (who has the worst attendance) or 1st termers Doucette vs Pasternak (conscientious vs appearences)

Given the amount of misogyny I've seen on IHTWOMRF, I'm pretty sure the whole having-a-vagina-thing is a black mark against her anyhow. Some of the most vile, hateful stuff they spew has a sexist lean to it.

On twitter, Notorious Fordite nutjob EJB attacks the physical looks of every woman she deems an enemy of Ford.

A lot of self-hating women and women-hating men in their ranks, lemmetellya.

Oh god, yes - ejb seems to believe 'women are the biggest spenders in politics' (so I guess we can count on her not to run for office, ever) and has absolutely bizarre notions about esthetics: Karen Stintz is apparently not tall enough to get away with wearing animal prints. ejb's grandmother told her that a woman without blonde hair and blue eyes is only half a woman (the old 'grandma was a Nazi' standby).

Oh god, yes - ejb seems to believe 'women are the biggest spenders in politics' (so I guess we can count on her not to run for office, ever) and has absolutely bizarre notions about esthetics: Karen Stintz is apparently not tall enough to get away with wearing animal prints.

Mrs Stintz could get away with wearing a garbage bag and still look ok. specially considering she is about RoFo's age ( I believe. )

ejb's grandmother told her that a woman without blonde hair and blue eyes is only half a woman (the old 'grandma was a Nazi' standby).

Obviously doesn't remember the old song.

Your heart of hearts, your dream of dreams, your ravishing brunette
She's left you and she's now become somebody else's pet
Lay down that gun, don't try my friend to reach the great beyond
You'll have more fun by reaching for a redhead or a blond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFxjnUPRwx4

Last edited:
wow. i want to give the police the benefit of the doubt, generally, and i don't want to be too hysterical or paranoid. but this looks absolutely awful on TPS.

Worth noting that a senior relative of mine, who originally supported Ford, still likes to bait/troll on about the Ford shitstorm. He's a guy with two degrees who fell for the "respect for taxpayers" sound byte. Recenty his daughter confided in me that she, a non-Ford supporter, was just flummoxed with the fact that her dad would still support Fraud. Two university degrees are not a guarantee of rationality. The relative did later on apologize to me for voting for Ford, and I think the guy just likes busting chops -- not sure !

I believe that there is something that rings true when I am told that some folks like the hilarity of this circus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back