News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
With RoFo's penchant for bluster and prevarication, would it be likely that he be treated as a hostile witness, thereby limiting his answers to a yes or no?

Oh if he thinks speaking in front of the judge over the CoI is bad, I hope he got some pointers from the experience because it's going to be so much worse this time over.

AoD

I wonder if the TPS is still listening to RoFo's phone calls. Wouldn't it be hysterical if they had record of the Mayor directing his Service Board minions to dump the Chief.

If I recall correctly, RoFo's phone wasn't being listened to -- however, he was discussed by other other people whose phones were tapped.

And of course, Lisi's text messages were a major source of evidence cited in the Brazen 2 ITO.

~~~

http://globalnews.ca/news/978948/ro...urt-to-seek-release-of-more-police-documents/

These wiretaps picked up thousands of conversations until they were ended in mid-June, documents reveal. While “the mayor’s name was mentioned in the wiretap conversations,” the documents state, referencing police sources, “the mayor himself was not captured on these recordings.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...n-to-crack-video-police-say-in-new-documents/

In the Information to Obtain (ITO ) search warrants, police requested to see text messages between Lisi and the following; Mayor Ford, former Ford staffers David Price and Thomas Beyer, Elena Basso, Fabio Basso, Mohamed Siad, Liban Siyad and Mohamed Farah.

“On May 17th, 2013, there is a flurry of telephone activity between Lisi’s cellular telephone and telephones associated to Rob Ford, the Basso residence, and Price,” the document states. May 17 is the day after the crack video’s existence was first reported by Gawker and the Toronto Star.

Last edited:
Anyone knowledgeable on the legal system able to explain why a subpoena would be issued now, when the prelim hearings for Lisi don't happen until March and mid-April, according to the Star's article?

If he's being subpoenaed as a witness in the Lisi trial, is it not the lawyers who would be questioning him at that time, and not Giroux (at any time, before or during)?

Just watch Dofus on CP24 - the more I watch Amanda Galbraith bat Doug around the more I think its not John Tory who is going to get himself elected... Its Amanda Galbraith. I think Ford is sinking fast and Doug knows they are screwed.

Ford's phone wasn't tapped based on the ITO, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been tapped at any point.

So where does this leave charges for MINO? If he is being called as a witness, does that not mean he won't be charged in relation to extortion? Is this the end of the arrest pool? Are TPS hanging their hat on future perjury? Or are there other avenues where charges will come from? I'm no expert so please, chime in!

Just watch Dofus on CP24 - the more I watch Amanda Galbraith bat Doug around the more I think its not John Tory who is going to get himself elected... Its Amanda Galbraith. I think Ford is sinking fast and Doug knows they are screwed.

Agreed about Amanda Galbraith. It was also nice to see Stephanie Smyth make a decent effort at getting past Doug's vigourous deflection effort (regarding the subpoena). She wasn't 100% successful, but she tried hard and did better than most who have interviewed the Ford brothers.

Ford's phone wasn't tapped based on the ITO, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been tapped at any point.

So where does this leave charges for MINO? If he is being called as a witness, does that not mean he won't be charged in relation to extortion? Is this the end of the arrest pool? Are TPS hanging their hat on future perjury? Or are there other avenues where charges will come from? I'm no expert so please, chime in!

Just because he's called as a witness doesn't mean he cant be charged in his own right. It just means anything he says can't be used against him in a court of law, which doesn't mean that the police can't use what he said as a source of where to look or what to look at. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

Agreed about Amanda Galbraith. It was also nice to see Stephanie Smyth make a decent effort at getting past Doug's vigourous deflection effort (regarding the subpoena). She wasn't 100% successful, but she tried hard and did better than most who have interviewed the Ford brothers.

We are now beginning to see the media consistently hold the Brothers Ford feet to the fire. Finally.

Sugar Beach? That's a weak deflection even by Drug's standards.

APB out tonight for a drunk driver. Approach with caution, he may be carrying McDonald's.

Just because he's called as a witness doesn't mean he cant be charged in his own right. It just means anything he says can't be used against him in a court of law, which doesn't mean that the police can't use what he said as a source of where to look or what to look at. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

I didn't think that Canada had a law similar to the American fifth amendment and that they could use his testimony at a prelim against him or for purgery etc. He could still hang himself.

ETA the right not to testify seems to only apply to the defendant, not witnesses.

Last edited:
I didn't think that Canada had a law similar to the American fifth amendment and that they could use his testimony at a prelim against him or for purgery etc. He could still hang himself.

We also have the right to not incriminate ourselves. It doesn't mean that if we are dumb enough to give clues, the police can't use those clues to build a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back