8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diabetes?

That was my first thought, but then I remembered the loss of muscular control in the CH parking lot. Along with circulatory problems, I'm speculating something neurological due to all the drug abuse, and hard knocks to the head.

The best history I've seen or read on Toronto Transit is a webbook... if you're interested go to

www.levyrapidtransit.ca

Thank you, I lost that link.

stintz on ford...

did ya just meet the man?!?

Maybe she should read this Star article from Oct. 27, 2010: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/10/27/ford_confirms_streetcar_scrapping_in_doubt.html
(I like it when they name Dougie as his campaign manager)

I love the paranoia. Yeah, people are following you EVERYWHERE, Rob! And really, tell us again why we should believe you this time?

I can see the marquee now, Robbie Ford as Nora Desmond.

What ever happened do his one day at a time mantra?

You can't call it a day if it's only 4 hours long.

'In other words, I will continue to send others on errands to the LCBO, and do illegal stuff in what I consider private, until I screw up again and do it in public or get caught on video, again'.

A "hug-a-thug" program he supports.

Last edited:
Ford’s lawyer suspects ‘political motive’

“Toronto Police spokesman Mark Pugash would not comment Thursday on whether a subpoena is imminent, but described Mr. Morris’ allegations as “absolutely wrong.”

He’s wrong. This is an ongoing criminal investigation run by an extremely experienced, very persistent investigator. That’s what this is about. It has nothing to do with anything else.”

Mr. Morris also questioned whether a subpoena is simply investigators’ way of meeting one-on-one with Mr. Ford – a meeting the mayor has so far resisted. Toronto Police Detective Sergeant Gary Giroux, who is leading Project Brazen 2 – the investigation that resulted in Mr. Lisi’s charges and also targets Mayor Ford – has repeatedly stated that he still wants to speak with the mayor.

“Let’s put it this way: Often times in a given case, a crown attorney or police officer would say the crown attorney wants to interview you and get your statement down. Basically it’s a back-door way of getting to what we’ve resisted in keeping with our right to remain silent,” Mr. Morris said. “And obviously I’m going to recommend the mayor resist that.”

In response, Mr. Pugash called Mr. Morris “absolutely off-the-mark.” He declined to elaborate, however, citing the ongoing investigation.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/fords-lawyer-suspects-political-motive/article19966431/

Last edited:

The mayor is running for re-election in the October election, and Mr. Morris said that subpoenaing him before that would be “nothing more than an attempt to embarrass the mayor.”

I thing it past the point of Robbie embarrassing himself, I think Morris means he will implicate himself in criminal activities, not unlike the confession in yesterday's presser.

I have no idea whether Rob has had a drink or used since leaving rehab. But one thing I do wonder about is why he has never mentioned a sober date. I've heard dates (at least general dates) from a lot from people I've known or met who've quit booze/drugs. It seems to be something they want to talk about. Does anybody with actual experience in recovery or working with people in recovery care to comment on why Rob doesn't talk about this? I mean, sure, it's private. On the other hand, it also makes me wonder.

One would first have to be in a recovery programme.

Whatthe:From previous posts I gather you know law? Why would crown wait so long to add new charges on mcrobb? Could she do time? Any legal types chime in.s.v.p.

It's not unusual for the Crown to add charges that the police should have laid in the first place, once they've had a chance to review the disclosure that the police provide them. That's often not until a few months after the original charges have been laid. Without knowing her record it's hard to say if she'd do time or not. If it's her first drinking and driving offence, then likely not. But if she's got prior convictions for similar offences, jail time is mandatory. The amount varies depending on how many previous convictions she's got.

Last edited:
This probably has little to do with rob ford yet, but successfully recovering alcoholics use the full spectrum of approaches to sobriety dates: never mention it because it's a one-day-at-a-time program (the person with the longest sobriety is the one who got up earliest this morning), tell everyone because that's how you tell yourself (keep it important and present), not important because you're only an arm's length from your next drink, think of it constantly as a source of strength and a reminder of your success, share it often as an example for newcomers, keep it secret so as not to be seen as bragging (especially old timers), etc., etc.
I have no idea whether Rob has had a drink or used since leaving rehab. But one thing I do wonder about is why he has never mentioned a sober date. I've heard dates (at least general dates) from a lot from people I've known or met who've quit booze/drugs. It seems to be something they want to talk about. Does anybody with actual experience in recovery or working with people in recovery care to comment on why Rob doesn't talk about this? I mean, sure, it's private. On the other hand, it also makes me wonder.

Last edited:
Yep. It would be easy if speaking Fordish means you just lie 100% of the time. But it isn't. It can vary anywhere from 50/50, to 99/1 %. It gets into a retro vaudeville act (The Ford Follies) when Fordish is being spoken by two performers (at once or in turns) like the Brothers Ford.

I like you Scarberian. I am enjoying your witty posts. From one Scarberian to another - cheers!

So, this might be a very naive or milquetoast-y observation, but isn't this a very, very serious thing to say?

I understand that anyone might throw this sort of thing around at the water cooler. But if you think about it for a minute, Ford's the chief magistrate of the city and he's openly accusing the police force of corruption.

Isn't he? I mean, if he's saying that the police are bringing false charges (or subpoena'ing him) unjustly, that's really an accusation of them being corrupt or of perverting the course of justice.

I realize that this is now par for the course with Rob, but sometimes I'm surprised that he doesn't get pressed by the media on these statements. A simple, "Can you clarify what you mean?" or "What are you accusing the police of, exactly?" would be a start.

Anyone?

So, this might be a very naive or milquetoast-y observation, but isn't this a very, very serious thing to say?

I understand that anyone might throw this sort of thing around at the water cooler. But if you think about it for a minute, Ford's the chief magistrate of the city and he's openly accusing the police force of corruption.

Isn't he? I mean, if he's saying that the police are bringing false charges (or subpoena'ing him) unjustly, that's really an accusation of them being corrupt or of perverting the course of justice.

I realize that this is now par for the course with Rob, but sometimes I'm surprised that he doesn't get pressed by the media on these statements. A simple, "Can you clarify what you mean?" or "What are you accusing the police of, exactly?" would be a start.

Anyone?
We know the answers already:

It's political, it's biased! I can't say anything else, it's before the courts. Talk to my lawyer. I support the front line officers.

We know the answers already:

It's political, it's biased! I can't say anything else, it's before the courts. Talk to my lawyer. I support the front line officers.

What I don't understand is this - Ford was caught on camera smoking crack. His name came up numerous time amongst gang members in relation to guns and drugs. Why would any rational decent mayor not talk to the police about this unless he has a ton to hide and why isn't the media repeatedly stating the fact that Ford runs with gang members? He does. It is fact. It is also the fact that he is heavily involved on some level with this whole investigation into gangs. The leader of Toronto! How is it possible he cannot be forced to speak to the police? I can state with absolute certainty this level of hands off would never ever apply to a black man\youth. Ever. Ford gets a pass because he is rich, white and very well connected. This entire fiasco exposes what many already know - there is one set of rules for the poor and for people of colour and another for the white and rich. Our system is screwed, the TPS is corrupt and I believe they adore Ford (the front line cops). Tough guys beating people because they can will always support corrupt politicians like Ford, so long as they can count on Ford to continue with the raises and protection they provided each other. We are all being duped. They will never arrest Ford. He knows it and they know it. I think we are foolish to have this much faith in the justice system.

Anyone?

It's a completely ridiculous and irresponsible statement. His lawyer, of all people, knows full well that it's the Crown who decides who to subpoena to prove their case in court, not the police.

It's a completely ridiculous and irresponsible statement. His lawyer, of all people, knows full well that it's the Crown who decides who to subpoena to prove their case in court, not the police.

At this point, does anyone still expect anything but ridiculous and irresponsible statements from his ilk? I think we have sufficient evidence, all that's left now is the verdict from the public.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back