News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it's becoming increasingly inevitable that Rob Ford's opponents will fight amongst themselves and propel Ford into the Mayor's chair, what do you think Toronto will look like in 4 years at the end of his term?

Will development stall? Will the province give up on Transit City? What services do you think will be cut? Will festivals like LuminaTO and NuitBlanche collapse from lack of support from City Hall?

Let's make some realistic predictions. Please discuss.
N'ah, it'll all be just fine. ;)

I doubt Rob's numbers will rise. I'm more concerned about Socknaki. As much as I like the guy, if he gains momentum off of Stintz's exit and a bleed-off from Chow, we could be in for a dangerous vote split. I like Socknaki best out of this field of candidates, but not so much that I want to risk another Ford term.

I wouldn't worry about that, he's barely above the margin of error: http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...03/toronto-mayoral-election-poll-tracker.html

I will be voting for whomever has the best chance of beating Ford (as it stands right now Tory is the person) and you should too. Chow is running a terrible campaign, she has nor persuaded me in the least and this is reflective the polls. I like Soks the best but the average person is too stupid to understand where he is coming from and as of now he will not win by any margin.. While we fiddle about Transit Tory vs. Transit Chow vs. Transit Soks, Ford supporters are ready to burn Toronto.

The Hobo knows. Agreed on all points.

Ford's only real path to victory is a Soknacki surge that drains enough from both Tory & Chow that they don't poll higher than 27%. I strongly believe 27% is Ford's basement & ceiling. He's not going to get lower, he's not going to get higher. With just Chow & Tory in contention, there's no way the vote can split in a way that he wins. He needs a spoiler in contention. I really like Soknacki and have donated to him, so I hope that's not his legacy.

I will be voting for whomever has the best chance of beating Ford (as it stands right now Tory is the person) and you should too. Chow is running a terrible campaign, she has nor persuaded me in the least and this is reflective the polls. I like Soks the best but the average person is too stupid to understand where he is coming from and as of now he will not win by any margin.. While we fiddle about Transit Tory vs. Transit Chow vs. Transit Soks, Ford supporters are ready to burn Toronto.

All of this exactly. If I could pick my favourite of the four (well I'd pick none ideally) but I guess it would have to be Soks. However, Olivia has a better chance than Soks and she's on the LRT train rather than the overpriced unnecessary subway (gravy) train, so I'd want to vote for her...but she has been really unimpressive to me so I will vote for Tory (if he is still leading come election day). Not because I like him. Not because I agree with him. Just because he's not Rob Ford and at this point in time has the best chance of making Rob go away.

My vote will 100% be the No Rob Ford vote. As much as it sucks, and as much as everyone should get to vote for the best candidate, I feel this is the provincial election all over again and you must hold your nose and vote strategically.

Also, why haven't there been any poll results released post Karen Stintz dropping out? I would think people would be very curious to see who her followers gravitated to. Although maybe someone HAS commissioned a poll but didn't like the results?

Also, why haven't there been any poll results released post Karen Stintz dropping out? I would think people would be very curious to see who her followers gravitated to. Although maybe someone HAS commissioned a poll but didn't like the results?

Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 4.30.44 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 4.32.12 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 4.30.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 4.30.44 PM.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 731
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 4.32.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 4.32.12 PM.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 735

I think a poll went out last night. No idea whose, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back