News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a trust created by the old boy during his life time, or by his will, that would depend on the terms of the trust declaration, or the will.

I find it singularly hard to imagine that the old boy would have provided that if Robbie is a trustee, or executor, and dies he is to be replaced by whoever might be his spouse at the time of his death, or by Renata specifically, as a trustee, or an executor. She is, as you say, not blood, and not someone that the old boy probably could even have got to know very well before his death.

As to $$$, it seems to me unlikely that she would have a right to payments from the trust, or trusts. I have seen a lot of wealthy people's trust declarations and wills over the years and it is far more likely that, as Rob's spouse, she would be eligible to get payments, as would their children, if the trustees, or the executors, so decide, so that the trustees, or executors, would have discretion about how much (if anything) and when. Indeed I would expect that the situation of 'his 3 sons' under the trust, or trusts, is the same; if anyone has a right to get payments it is most likely to be Diane.

It is my understanding, from Crazy Town, that Kathy is the beneficiary of a separate trust (originally $1 million) set up by the old boy, and that it is on terms that make Diana and 'his 3 sons' the trustees and give the trustees considerably discretion about how much Kathy gets from the trust and when (reflecting, no doubt, the fact that Kathy was a heroin addict, amongst other things, for years before the old man's death).

Ahh. I see. FoFam only pays her verifiable bills. She steals for the cash transactions.
I wonder if she has enough monetizeable dirt to sell FoFam out?

The media seem to be in a frenzy awaiting the update on RoFo to the point a reporter from the Star is tweeting (seemingly breathlessly) there is less than an hour until the big announcement. One would think a comet is about to hit the city of Toronto. Everyone, grab your loved ones and clutch them ever closer to your breast. Life as we know it is going to end. Armageddon is upon us.

As I told the wise Cooper earlier today: it's the Rapture, "at 5 on CTV".

talk radio is sounding like pregame/death announcement show right now, which I guess would make the masses inside and out of Mt. Sinai some kind of grim block party.

Yes, still no Kathy, just Renata, Mother Ford and the Ford brothers AFAIK

So the Ford's would get to keep the children? Or do they have to wait til they grow up before they can buy them - like Mikey?

Now I'm thinking DoFo and/or MiFo really are plotting a Ford political dynasty and would want to maintain control of Rob's kids until they too can enter the political arena, in 12-15 years' time. Cllr Stephanie Ford. Cllr Douglas Ford the younger (Doug Ford III? Doug Jr Jr?).

Presumably there is a reason Doug has not encouraged his daughters to go into politics.

Ahh. I see. FoFam only pays her verifiable bills. She steals for the cash transactions.
I wonder if she has enough monetizeable dirt to sell FoFam out?

Probably. But Mom and the boys get to say what, if anything, she gets from the trust. If it is a typical trust then they could decide to pay so little to or for Kathy that she would need those toothbrushes and give the $$$ to Mikey and her daughter instead.

It was not uncommon for us to be awakened at 4 am by the sound of a low-hovering heli with NightSun spotlight. At these times they would stay and hover or circle for 10 or 15 minutes for no apparent reason and it used to drive me nuts. I always wondered what was so important that it warranted fuelling and flying these things constantly like that. The only time I ever heard anything specific (and I swear this to be true), it was used to apprehend several juveniles who had been spray-painting the exterior walls of a school. Ground cops had given chase but lost them. Public was mildly upset.

I think CPS has backed off due to all the complaints. I think they may have figured out that if you're going to wake up tens of thousands of people in the middle of the night, you'd best be after an armed and dangerous murder suspect.

Probably. But Mom and the boys get to say what, if anything, she gets from the trust. If it is a typical trust then they could decide to pay so little to or for Kathy that she would need those toothbrushes and give the $$$ to Mikey and her daughter instead.

Serious question: Is it common in TO to provide for adult children? All of RoFo's friends live in their parent's basements, and you are (possibly sarcastically) suggesting Kathy would send money to her away from home kids?

I think CPS has backed off due to all the complaints. I think they may have figured out that if you're going to wake up tens of thousands of people in the middle of the night, you'd best be after an armed and dangerous murder suspect.

It always seemed to have a "we got these things so we'd better use them or they'll take them away" vibe to it.

For a trust created by the old boy during his life time, or by his will, that would depend on the terms of the trust declaration, or the will.

I find it singularly hard to imagine that the old boy would have provided that if Robbie is a trustee, or executor, and dies he is to be replaced by whoever might be his spouse at the time of his death, or by Renata specifically, as a trustee, or an executor. She is, as you say, not blood, and not someone that the old boy probably could even have got to know very well before his death.

As to $$$, it seems to me unlikely that she would have a right to payments from the trust, or trusts. I have seen a lot of wealthy people's trust declarations and wills over the years and it is far more likely that, as Rob's spouse, she would be eligible to get payments, as would their children, if the trustees, or the executors, so decide, so that the trustees, or executors, would have discretion about how much (if anything) and when. Indeed I would expect that the situation of 'his 3 sons' under the trust, or trusts, is the same; if anyone has a right to get payments it is most likely to be Diane.

It is my understanding, from Crazy Town, that Kathy is the beneficiary of a separate trust (originally $1 million) set up by the old boy, and that it is on terms that make Diana and 'his 3 sons' the trustees and give the trustees considerably discretion about how much Kathy gets from the trust and when (reflecting, no doubt, the fact that Kathy was a heroin addict, amongst other things, for years before the old man's death).

Pud... How big do you think the Ford family trust would have to be worth to generate an income for four families? Pretty large, by my guess, especially if you reinvest part of the annual return so that principle doesn't devalue with inflation. Suppose the trust kicks off an average 7% annual return, which is pretty good. If you subtract two points to reinvest for inflation, you're left with 5% to distribute. If the fund is worth $10 million, that would give the Ford family $500,000 to distribute in pre-tax income (nice, but not extravagant). But does Deco make the kind of money that would allow Doug Sr. to have built up that kind of nest egg? Sounds like a bit of a stretch to me. At very least, it would have taken many years to build up that kind of wealth.

I'm getting a bad taste in my mouth from this whole thing. I really get the feeling that this is a big scheme. Not that he's faking his illness, just that something doesn't sit right with me about this whole thing.

I'm getting a bad taste in my mouth from this whole thing. I really get the feeling that this is a big scheme. Not that he's faking his illness, just that something doesn't sit right with me about this whole thing.

What ever "sits right" when it comes to the Fords?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back