8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 46s
Doug Ford debating again Friday RT @Empire_Club: @DougFord2014 has just confirmed his participation in our Mayoral Debate on Friday. #TOpoli

Doug has confirmed that he will be part of the debate on Friday.

Does "orders" refer to ITOs, to warrants, or to the evidence obtained from acting upon said warrants?

Sealing order [the cause] = an order making the court file for a warrant (including the ITO filed to support the request for the warrant) unavailable to the public.

Sealed order [the effect] = a warrant the court file for which (includng the ITO filed to support the request for the warrant) is unavailable to the public because it is the subject of a sealing order.

Welp, today hasn't done much to change my feeling that no arrest will be made and all this will only come to any kind of closure through the election.

Here's the potentially embarrassing part involving a reporter I mentioned (well, some journalists would consider it embarrassing): Doolittle reached out to Giroux and outed her sources: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/09/24/rob_ford_smoked_crack_with_kathy_ford_police_documents.html

Outing sources is bad but this guy seems to have made it clear he didn't mind having his name out there etc. for whatever reasons.
I guess we can hear her side in the inevitable "Crazy Town 2: Electric Boogaloo."

I think the thing that disappoints me most is that Brazen 2 was pursuing these guys with airplanes etc. when they weren't doing very much (at least nothing the police thought worthy of busting them for at the time). Then Rob rolls up with Sandro and does some crack and the police aren't there. Obviously they can't possibly be everywhere (and we already know that Rob has natural evasive tactics!) but you'd still think that, given the point of Brazen 2, it's pretty amazing Lisi and Ford got together to actually do crack again and no one saw it. At least we have pictures of those mystery envelopes!

Here's the potentially embarrassing part involving a reporter I mentioned (well, some journalists would consider it embarrassing): Doolittle reached out to Giroux and outed her sources: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...d_crack_with_kathy_ford_police_documents.html

From Doolittle's G&M story on April 30th:

"... The drug dealer who approached The Globe said that the audio on the three clips was not available because the speaker on his phone was broken when he recorded the footage. The dealer said he supplied the crack that was smoked that night and that he had decided to sell the footage to “make money.” He supplied an alias to The Globe and urged the paper to publish his nickname because: “I want someone to come to me.” The Globe is not publishing that nickname because of concerns about the drug dealer’s intentions. ..."

Hard to complain that she gave out his nickname to a limited number of people when he asked her to give it out to a much wider audience via a newspaper and its web site.

Outing sources is bad but this guy seems to have made it clear he didn't mind having his name out there etc. for whatever reasons.
I guess we can hear her side in the inevitable "Crazy Town 2: Electric Boogaloo."

I think the thing that disappoints me most is that Brazen 2 was pursuing these guys with airplanes etc. when they weren't doing very much (at least nothing the police thought worthy of busting them for at the time). Then Rob rolls up with Sandro and does some crack and the police aren't there. Obviously they can't possibly be everywhere (and we already know that Rob has natural evasive tactics!) but you'd still think that, given the point of Brazen 2, it's pretty amazing Lisi and Ford got together to actually do crack again and no one saw it. At least we have pictures of those mystery envelopes!

Never thought I'd agree with Robbie but seems I do: Brazen 2 was a colossal waste of time, resources and money. Hard to believe there was never an opportune time to search/arrest on reasonable and probable grounds. I mean how many people get envelops deposited in their cars by friends on a regular basis? Methinks the police board didn't renew Blair's contract in no small part due to this fiasco.

In the meantime, Robbie skates and Brazen 2 got small potatoes for millions. If they get reelected, the skate on COI and everything else. How stupid is Toronto really?

Sealing order [the cause] = an order making the court file for a warrant (including the ITO filed to support the request for the warrant) unavailable to the public.

Sealed order [the effect] = a warrant the court file for which (includng the ITO filed to support the request for the warrant) is unavailable to the public because it is the subject of a sealing order.

Thanks! So the evidence, which would be the product of the warrant, could still be there, but the rest of the stuff is done.

Not that I'm optimistic anyway.

Just a reminder...

August 26, 2013:

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 10.17.05 AM.png

Will we ever find out what the cops thought they were after when they let events such as this slide?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 10.17.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 10.17.05 AM.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 671
Yah tell me about it. Only difference between Chavistas in my mothers country (Venezuela) where I spent a few years, and Ford Nation seems to be that the former are willing to commit regular acts of violence.

I hear ya. On mine it was bribery and extortions, implied or overt threats, and if you were stubborn and don't comply, well there's always torching your house\neighbourhood, and all other kinds of violence. What I saw last night was likely the extremist virulent remains of FN. While the nutbars don't seem to be large in numbers, I think it is getting uncomfortably too close to something terrible happening. I doubt Thug and Fofam would even consider lowering the temperature, since it seems to suit their goals just fine. But I was a bit disappointed that the moderator did not empty out the peanut gallery when it increasingly became ugly.

TJ O'Pootertoot said:
The FN types who don't care about the rules probably thought so too but everyone else (which I still think is most people) understood who was playing the game they were supposed to be playing.

The worrying thing to me is FoFam has been getting away with flouting rules and laws for quite some time now. At least when they're in TO for some strange reason.

Thank you, National Post, for this small gift. It's appreciated.

The media haven't full-on taken the gloves off the way many of us would like but they've definitely been more caustic and snippy with the Fords lately. This headline is perfect - it hits the Fords in the $, where it counts - thanks for posting.

A Limerick:
https://twitter.com/AndrewTumilty/status/514781001675857920

What are Jerry's hours of work?
https://twitter.com/throwitinmyhat/status/514775128534548480

Last edited:
The worrying thing to me is FoFam has been getting away with flouting rules and laws for quite some time now. At least when they're in TO for some strange reason.

This. And Ford Nation will follow this family down a cliff? I don't get it. But then again i also don't get why Chow is polling lower than Drug Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back