News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Hi, I'm Mayor Ford and I'm canvassing in the area. I'm running for Councillor of the next ward over. I have a chronicle disease and the best criminal lawyer in the country. I hope I can count on your vote. Also, I have cancer. Please respect my privacy.

Hahaha! I love this board :)

Of course. So this series so far has drama, tragi-comedy, a cop procedural, political thriller, and now possibly metaphorical fratricide \ animal sacrifice . Can't wait for the 11th hour twist when Cthulu rises from Lake Ontario to declare it's endorsing Doug.

This is the most exciting episode of Murdoch Mysteries ever.

"Hi, I'm Rob Ford. I was out tryin' ta score some drugs (which accounts for my being suspiciously underdressed for someone who believes a meryl-type should always be in a suit), but then i got caught and called out, so now I'm pretending to canvas in someone else's ward"

Hmmm...you may be on to something! The jeans/white shirt seemed like Rob Ford's uniform for a night out, not a ward canvass...in a ward he's not even running in.

Nobody getting chemo is well off, but it does affect different people differently. He could also be in a "honeymoon" period right now before things really get nasty.

ETA: just noticed he was wearing jeans last night. When was the last time he was seen in public wearing something other than a suit? Is this the new Rob?

Dry cleaning most likely, denim is quite resilient to stains like puke.

The jeans/white shirt seemed like Rob Ford's uniform for a night out, not a ward canvass...in a ward he's not even running in.

No one can accuse him of canvassing. Just a dude out for a walk in a ward he is not a candidate in. Unlike other dudes, his walks are front-page and CP2Ford headline news.

An early dog whistle for tonight's Ford fester.

No one can accuse him of canvassing. Just a dude out for a walk in a ward he is not a candidate in. Unlike other dudes, his walks are front-page and CP2Ford headline news.

I'd agree with this. If Dumbass really was on the prowl for some self-medicatin' tonics, he has underlings he can send out for a few discrete pick-ups, doesn't he?

Jesus, this thread is a just a few pages short of a 6,000 page tally. That's insane.

Having been on chemo myself, he also needs to be aware that if he does get an infection, as well as it being potentially dangerous, it also pushes
back the chemo schedule. Not a smart idea when his cancer is apparently quite advanced

The absence management program is very similar to what many organizations implement in order to deal with excess absenteeism. Unless it is communicated well, it is often viewed as punitive to those with legitimate illness.

Typically, the goal of the program is to identify malingerers and abusers as well as those who actually may be in need of additional assistance. It encourages the manager to actually look at absences and trends as well as the reasons behind it.

For example, when I designed and implemented such a program, I communicated intent to all employees: I was very straightforward in stating the program was not intended to be punitive to those who had legitimate illness but it was designed to assist managers in identifying abuse so that non abusers weren't carrying the load for abusers AND it was designed to help managers identify those who required additional support, which was non punitive.

While met with scepticism initially, when everyone understood and witnessed the implementation, non abusers we're thankful because they knew abusers were being dealt with. For example, one employee used her entire bank over the summer. We advised her that her bank was exhausted and she was fine for a couple of months. Then came mid December and she came in with a note saying her back was sore and she needed to rest. We reviewed her attendance record for a couple of years and determined there was a definite pattern. Monday's and Fridays and before and after vacation or stats in the summer and like clock work over Christmas. This was when we discussed openly with her our concerns about the pattern, allowing her the opportunity to see our side and explain. Interestingly, the following year her attendance greatly improved.

In other instances, through discussion we were able to identify employees who were in need of employee assistance and referrals and we were able to work with people to manage their issues, which often weren't really illness, rather stressing situations they couldn't resolve on their own.

Without being part of management, I couldn't guarantee that the intent of the program, but if implemented with benevolent intentions, absence management is only intended to be punitive to malingerers.

Thanks for the explanation. I banked my sick time and took it as a gratuity when I retired.

That's what Mayor Miller's 2009 strike was all about. He fought that battle so RoFo didn't have have to.

Lol, except for the whole knocking on doors bit, as reported by witnesses.

Lol, except for the whole knocking on doors bit, as reported by witnesses.

Just one of the many volunteers canvassing for one of the many mayoral and ward candidates. No law against that.

Not about Rob running for Ward 2, because he wasn't there. Not his fault it's Breaking News every time he goes for a walk.

Hate to be the devil's advocate. But, that's the way they will justify it, if challenged.

ETA

I've never owned a dog, but take a look at this:
https://twitter.com/AriGoldkind/status/515881963694346240/photo/1

A very interesting candidate, to be sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back