News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's all folks. With The Sun taking shots at hizzonner there are no friends left, well maybe Mammoliti...

The stage has been set for him to decline to run again "to spend mroe time with his family".

Last edited:
As wacky as Ford is, I don't think he'll lose this case. First of all, he never said Foulidis' name once, just mentioned Tuggs. Second, George Foulidis isn't even the owner of Tuggs, his brother is. So, the wrong guy is suing for a start.

I think the common man on the street can agree the deal was a nasty affair. You've got the Tuggs' people with a history of fraudulent activity, and their friends reportedly making sizable donations to Bussin's campaign, and then council, against the advice of the bureaucrats, approves in-camera (i.e. out of public record) an untendered exclusive contract for all food sales for the entire length of the eastern Beaches to this company.

None of this is illegal, you can donate to anyone's campaign, and council can ignore the bureaucrats and conduct in-camera biz, but the whole deal smells. Makes we wonder if Jacko is somewhere in the background.

Last edited:
Spider, no that was not at all what I was saying. What I was saying is that Ford may be able to capitalize politically on property assessment trends that he has nothing to do with.

http://o.canada.com/2012/11/21/rob-ford-will-tumble-his-way-to-four-more-years-as-mayor-of-toronto/

So what happened to his first case? The case that was suppose to if charged cause him to be forced to resign?

Staff at City Hall had been guessing that a verdict was imminent when they saw Ford meeting with his lawyers but Ford's in so many legal cases right now, it's impossible to guess why he's meeting with his personal lawyers. However, it's nearing 3 months since the end of the trial and the judge promised a swift verdict. It's very unlikely that this will drag into next year. I'm guessing we'll know very very soon.

Staff at City Hall had been guessing that a verdict was imminent when they saw Ford meeting with his lawyers but Ford's in so many legal cases right now, it's impossible to guess why he's meeting with his personal lawyers. However, it's nearing 3 months since the end of the trial and the judge promised a swift verdict. It's very unlikely that this will drag into next year. I'm guessing we'll know very very soon.

Hopefully Christmas will come early this year.

I find it a really sad trend these days that individuals take pride in being a "shit-disturber." Being a shit-disturber does absolutley nothing. Opposition for the sake of opposition is not only sophomorinc and unintelligent, but it is also downright damaging. It simply dumbs down what otherwise could and should be serious political debates regarding issues that affect us as a society. Last I checked, discourse was meant to be something that both sides learn something from, though clearly this is not the case. We've gotten to a point where we simply yell past eachother, and Sue Ann Levy can take some of the credit for bringing us to this point. Congrats to the agitator!

The Grid has a big article on Sue-Ann Levy: The agitator
Never heard of "The Grid" but I thought their column was very fair, I read her column every day and usually agree with her opinions but not always. People should understand that columnists must churn out xx number of words daily (whether there is anything worth writing about or not) in order to create space between the ads. Sue-Anns contributions are much more readable than other reporters Hansard-like offerings and always more informative.

Saturday: Don Bosco wins Metro Bowl
Sunday: Argos win Grey Cup
Monday: Rob Ford remains Mayor of Toronto
Tuesday: Rob and Doug have a big party
Wednesday: Rob pitches his re-election campaign
Thursday: Rob reminds public that he will get money for subways
Friday: Rob sleeps like a baby

Could be a magical week for the Mayor :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back