8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP24 12:28pm via TweetDeck
"I have helped numerous, numerous kids," Ford says. Says media misled people on comments he made about Griffin Centre.

Whoa! Big shift in Doug's messaging there. I thought he would have said "millions!"

BTW. What does "numerous + numerous" equal? Or are we supposed to multiply? Been a long time since I had use the order of operations.

Last edited:
It seem to me the solution to Doug refusing debates is for the other participants to go out of their way to make Doug look bad enough that he's forced to participate to defend himself.

Doug redefines another word. What company did he start?

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
Doug Ford says he's an entrepreneur and jokes about John Tory being handed everything on a "silver platter"

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags
Ford just called Deco Labels a "little mom and pop shop."

Hilarious. First Deco is a worldwide company and now it's a little shop?

So Ford defended the Griffin Centre issue by saying there aren't any autistic kids there. Considering what he said, it doesn't even matter (although the people running the agency said there were):

“You can’t destroy a community like this. People have worked 30 years for their home...My heart goes out to kids with autism. But no one told me they’d be leaving the house. If it comes down to it, I’ll buy the house myself and resell it.”

Doug is doubling down on his "autistic kids" comments after being asked a question by a young man with autism. It's okay though, because his heart goes out to them.

In a recent interview or radio program, wish I could remember which, Doug offered the surprising new information that in fact, the teens staying at the Griffin Centre's Jeffcoat Road residential home weren't autistic and that people had been misled about that.

So now Doug Ford's trying to smear Tory by claiming he was responsible for Charter Communications bankruptcy. His press conference from today sounds like it was ripped off entirely from this Storify article. It claims Tory was a board member and a member of the audit committee from 2001 to 2009, which is not entirely true.

An old Charter Communication's press release states Tory left the audit committee in April 2006. Tory joined the audit committee in 2001, after the books had been cooked in 2000. He left in 2006 long before the bankruptcy. As a board member, he likely wouldn't have known about the issues leading up to the bankruptcy in 2009.

There's no story here and this will come back to bite Doug.

In a recent interview or radio program, wish I could remember which, Doug offered the surprising new information that in fact, the teens staying at the Griffin Centre's Jeffcoat Road residential home weren't autistic and that people had been misled about that.

from the insidetoronto story:

The centre recently purchased and renovated the house at 22 Jeffcoat Dr. where four challenged youth, some with autism, have lived for the past two months. All have learning issues and emotional problems, which include anxiety, depression, explosive anger and complicated family situations that prevent them from living at home, Deanna Dannell, Griffin Centre’s director of youth and family support services, told the crowd.

Gee, if only there were some way to disprove that...

It seem to me the solution to Doug refusing debates is for the other participants to go out of their way to make Doug look bad enough that he's forced to participate to defend himself.

It's just so hilarious to me that big ol' two-fisted He-man Thug Ford Jr. is now refusing to appear in debates with that meanie Ari Goldkind. Like all bullies, Thug's a complete chickenshit once you scratch the surface; he can dish out the nastiest abuse by the bucketload, but he simply can't handle any kind of pushback. The fucking coward.

Rob Ford dies in 2015.

This is not a wish or a hope. I don't want to be right. But it a realistic prediction.

Last I checked, Robbie was polling between one of the Honeymooner's stars ( a mid-1950's sitcom ) and Burt Reynolds.

"We don't wish celebrities dead, we only predict it."

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 7s7 seconds ago
Tory pointing to Ford's attendance record. "How many times were you in Chicago doing business on your company?"
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 11s11 seconds ago
Tory fired up. "Can you tell us you were never in Chicago when you missed a council vote?"
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 41s41 seconds ago
"You missed 100% because you weren't there" Doug Ford to John Tory on his City Hall attendance record (Tory wasn't on council) #TOpoli

This debate is stupid.

OK, let's do this then!

Please send me your prediction of Doug Ford's final % of the vote, preferably by PM, no later than end of day Wednesday, October 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back