News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to add speculative fuel on this fire (slow work day and all)

Justice Gladys Pardu - relevant to both Schertzer and Ford

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ers-get-house-arrest-for-corruption-1.1360209

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...dge_to_keep_him_in_office_pending_appeal.html

I feel like the whole "female judge" thing is a red herring, but I basically don't doubt the possibility of any storyline at this point.

Sorry, but presiding over a case does not make you likely to smoke crack with one of the litigants. Come on.

http://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/judges/current/judges/#Judges_of_the_Toronto_Region
Female Judges of the Toronto Region
(The bolded names could be male)

The Honourable Alison Harvison Young
The Honourable Andra Pollak
The Honourable Anne M. Molloy
The Honourable Barbara A. Conway
The Honourable Beth A. Allen
The Honourable Bonnie L. Croll
The Honourable Carole J. Brown
The Honourable Carolyn J. Horkins
The Honourable Darla A. Wilson
The Honourable E. Eva Frank
The Honourable Elizabeth M. Stewart
The Honourable Faye E. McWatt
The Honourable Frances P. Kiteley
The Honourable Gertrude F. Speigel
The Honourable Harriet E. Sachs
The Honourable Jane E. Kelly
The Honourable Janet Wilson
The Honourable Julie A. Thorburn
The Honourable Katherine B. Corrick
The Honourable Katherine E. Swinton
The Honourable Lois B. Roberts
The Honourable Mary A. Sanderson
The Honourable Maureen D. Forestell
The Honourable Nancy J. Spies
The Honourable Nancy L. Backhouse
The Honourable Nola E. Garton
The Honourable Ruth E. Mesbur
The Honourable Sandra Chapnik
The Honourable Sidney N. Lederman
The Honourable Susan G. Himel
The Honourable Susanne R. Goodman
The Honourable Suzanne M. Stevenson
The Honourable Tamarin M. Dunnet
The Honourable Victoria R. Chiappetta
The Honourable Wailan Low
The Honourable Wendy M. Matheson

Justice Lederman is male. Justices Garton and Dunnet are female.

Although you are right, Silverstain is not Dougie's camping manager.

No, Doug is. But Silverstein would be the top guy for monitoring relevant press releases and advising on what to do about them.

This is the TVO debate being taped.

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that "disingenuous" is like the one big word Doug Ford decided to learn one day and he just deploys it whether it makes sense or not. Like, he mostly uses it the correct way (i.e. a nice way of saying, "You're a liar!") but then he starts using to just mean, "I think you're being mean," like when he said Galloway's interview was disingenuous. His inability to come up with a second five-syllable word, or to use this one even slightly less often, I'll confess, makes me titter.

http://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/judges/current/judges/#Judges_of_the_Toronto_Region
Female Judges of the Toronto Region

The Honourable Alison Harvison Young
The Honourable Andra Pollak
The Honourable Anne M. Molloy
The Honourable Barbara A. Conway
The Honourable Beth A. Allen
The Honourable Bonnie L. Croll
The Honourable Carole J. Brown
The Honourable Carolyn J. Horkins
The Honourable Darla A. Wilson
The Honourable E. Eva Frank
The Honourable Elizabeth M. Stewart
The Honourable Faye E. McWatt
The Honourable Frances P. Kiteley
The Honourable Gertrude F. Speigel
The Honourable Harriet E. Sachs
The Honourable Jane E. Kelly
The Honourable Janet Wilson
The Honourable Julie A. Thorburn
The Honourable Katherine B. Corrick
The Honourable Katherine E. Swinton
The Honourable Lois B. Roberts
The Honourable Mary A. Sanderson
The Honourable Maureen D. Forestell
The Honourable Nancy J. Spies
The Honourable Nancy L. Backhouse
The Honourable Nola E. Garton
The Honourable Ruth E. Mesbur
The Honourable Sandra Chapnik
The Honourable Susan G. Himel
The Honourable Susanne R. Goodman
The Honourable Suzanne M. Stevenson
The Honourable Tamarin M. Dunnet
The Honourable Victoria R. Chiappetta
The Honourable Wailan Low
The Honourable Wendy M. Matheson

This is from a list only of Superior Court judges. There also are judges of the Court of Appeal and the Divisional Court, plus Provincial Court Judges and Small Claims Court judges. (Provincial Court may seem small potatoes at first hearing but a lot of criminal prosecutions are before Provincial Court judges.)

So Eleonora became Laura?

39 Denison now appears to be a parking lot opposite a Polish church.

??? I get 39 Denison Avenue as an infill semi across from the Alexandra Park Co-op. Anyway - residential neighbourhood, mostly with the exception of the big bakery across the street (George Lawrence Bakery as seen in 1913 and 1924 Goad's. I wonder where the nearest SA citadel was at that time. Looks like that (now) Polish church was previously West Presbyterian Church.

http://peoplemaps.esri.com/toronto/

Sorry, but presiding over a case does not make you likely to smoke crack with one of the litigants. Come on.

Having to watch Robbie get cross-examined in the 'football' COI case could well have made the judge want to take up smoking crack - but that was a male.

This is from a list only of Superior Court judges. There also are judges of the Court of Appeal and the Divisional Court, plus Provincial Court Judges and Small Claims Court judges. (Provincial Court may seem small potatoes at first hearing but a lot of criminal prosecutions are before Provincial Court judges.)

It also doesn't include anyone that's moved on, which they seem to do a lot.

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that "disingenuous" is like the one big word Doug Ford decided to learn one day and he just deploys it whether it makes sense or not. Like, he mostly uses it the correct way (i.e. a nice way of saying, "You're a liar!") but then he starts using to just mean, "I think you're being mean," like when he said Galloway's interview was disingenuous. His inability to come up with a second five-syllable word, or to use this one even slightly less often, I'll confess, makes me titter.

When I find myself in situations where I'm pretty sure someone is lying to me or trying to pull the wool over my eyes, I just suggest they may be mistaken. Easy word. Not too offensive. Never got me into trouble. Mistaken. And they may very well be mistaken, too.

Ahem...

From the Vice article: On top of that, Farah claims to be the man who Rob Ford was talking about when he was videotaped intoxicated while threatening “first-degree murder” on an unknown individual—a clip the Toronto Star released last November.

Haven't seen this discussed yet. IIRC the general consensus on here was that he was probably referring to McIntyre.

From the Star: At another point, he angrily mutters what sounds like “This is f---ed, daddy.” However, the outburst also sounds like: “That little prick’s a racist f---, daddy.”

Reverse racism?

Last edited:
It also doesn't include anyone that's moved on, which they seem to do a lot.

If it's an influential judge, which is the implication, it's unlikely to be someone who has moved on or who is a small claims judge. I'd think Superior Court or above which is surely a pool of fewer than 50 women. We're all putting on a little tin foil here, but given the clues available, it's still a relatively small group.

I don't think anyone pasted but CBC's John Lancaster said Farah told him he thinks the police have the second tape, but doesn't know for sure. That certainly makes things interesting.

Really, probably way too much time is being wasted on playing Guess the Judge or How Many Jewish People Changed Their Names or any of the other absurd tangents this Ford drama has sent people onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back