News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The City of Toronto Act gives the Mayor power to appoint the heads of committees and a deputy head of council (who then form the Executive Committee). The Deputy Mayor does not become Mayor if the Mayor resigns or is removed - there is a by-election.

Or appointment

Or appointment

Yes, true:

Filling vacancies

208. (1) If a vacancy occurs in the office of a member of city council, the City shall, subject to this section,

(a) fill the vacancy by appointing a person who has consented to accept the office if appointed; or

(b) require a by-election to be held to fill the vacancy in accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, 1996. 2006, c. 11, Sched. A, s. 208 (1).

That is a very good point. Has Chow done any recent one on one town hall esq meets in Chinese neighbourhoods? Doing so, and holding them in Chinese, would likely do wonders to boost her among that portion of the population.

I recall rofo doing a presser on a Chinese t.v. station sometime before his diagnosis and the bilingual reporter claimed he was lying through a translator.

Goldhawk rules. Compared to the dolts that are on CP2Ford and most other debates, he's very good. His Rogers TV councilor panel shows he has is the best debate and even though I am normally not a Zoomer demographic listener when he's taking calls he much more legit than most AM talk show hosts. He doesn't let too much obvious BS go through.

I am not surprised that the Zoomer audience didn't buy Ford BS. I've said it before. During this whole pathetic term the people that I noticed had the most bravery to push back against the Fords were the white hairs. The Canada Day post rehab Ford parade in East York it was two elderly people that started the negative reaction. There was an old vet who refused to shake Rob hand in at Remembrance Day celebration.

Even though there's a stereotype of old racist white guy supporting the Fords and there is a few. But I have noticed in most part is is the older people stepping out and calling them on their BS and god bless them.

The City of Toronto Act gives the Mayor power to appoint the heads of committees and a deputy head of council (who then form the Executive Committee). The Deputy Mayor does not become Mayor if the Mayor resigns or is removed - there is a by-election.

Actually, the default rule is that it is City Council that has the power to appoint a deputy mayor and the head of a committee, and to remove and replace a existing appointee, by majority vote. Section 20 of the City of Toronto Act allows City Council, using a by-law passed by majority vote, to delegate that power. City Council did that (delegating to the Mayor), enabling Ford to name the DM and the heads of committees. Then, after the crack admission, City Council, by majority vote, amended the delegation by-law so that it became inoperative for the balance of the current term. At that point, City Council, by majority vote, could have changed the DM and the heads of committees selected by Robbie, but did not.

FFS! I have had it with these guys. These guys seriously think they own the entire city and the city is their personal parking lot/ toilet. I am SICK AND TIRED of them not getting a single ticket out of it. Never pulled over. Just ignored. They can park, p*ss and do whatever they want. When do we start taking our city back?

Why don't Chow or Tory hit back against Ford? I watched a debate with my non-political brother and we both numerous occasions say "You can counter punch with this" and they never do? Ford obvious lies, voted against things he claims he supports, even if the media don't to call out him on things so it doesn't seem like it "Bias" for god sake you think the other candidates were.

Like when Thug has the nerve to question missing years from Tory resume, why the hell doesn't Tory just reply "It's reported you were a freakin HASH dealer in your twenties". Why not go there? It does make you wonder if Ford sold to some high ranking people who support Tory today and Tory doesn't want to rock the boat.

it's just frustrating reading people here easily counter punching Ford move yet Tory and Chow just so slow and vanilla to the bunch. Don't even get me started with Chow.

Ford Campaign Signs

Wednesday afternoon, my friend saw Randy Ford out in the Rathburn/Renforth/Burnhamthorpe/Mill Rd area putting up campaign signs. Thursday afternoon I noticed a crop of Ford Mayor signs along Burnhamthorpe between Mill and the 427. This morning all the signs except one had been taken down and were laying on the grass between the sidewalk and the road. At 12:30 all signs except one had been removed. Wondering if they didn't have permission to put them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back