8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
80s Doug Ford (bless him) seems to be capturing the mood: ;)

"Vote with your head for Mr.Belvedere or vote with your heart for the Oriental chick. But if you vote with your fists, I'm your guy #TOpoli"

Shawn Jeffords @Shawn_Jeffords
Cllr Vince Crisanti at event with Ford. #TOpoli

Looks like an endorsement to me.

I know that this thread is about Ford mostly, and that we also talk about Nunziata and Mammoliti, but if there's any justice in the world, Idil Burale mops the floor with Crisanti's useless ass.

I still can't get over the fact that this city is seriously considering a candidate - who from what I understand - has spent almost his entire adult life outside of Canada.

Heck, he spent half of his 4 year term in Chicago/Florida and announced he was quitting after 2.

It is baffling that neither Tory or Chow have taken the opportunity to take down such an easy target as Doug/rob.
I had hoped that Kouvalis was waiting for the right time to land a fatal blow... but, now I think their strategy is to just lay low and ride out the high poll numbers until the end.
Chow has proven to be just a horrible and ineffective debater/campaigner. She has the best policies, in my opinion (outside of soks), but can't sell them.
When she started resorting to props I knew it was over (that schtick died with Carrot Top).

Oh gawd, now Olivia is mentioning that Jack Layton's file at PMH also got breached...for crying out loud, WTF? Who cares? Awful "me too" response that is years too late.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...were-also-accessed-chow-says/article21154944/

AoD

but why? I don't understand these reactions.

Firstly, it's perfectly normal when something happens to chime in with "Hey, that happened to me too" -- especially something kind of unusual. If you keep quiet and people find out afterwards, then they think it's odd you chose to stay silent when the issue came up.

Secondly, there are conspiracy theories that the MSH breach was perpetrated by someone who is "out to get Rob" and will sell his info to his enemies, etc. Well, someone improperly accessed Jack Layton's records and -- so what? -- nothing ever came of it; we never even knew till now, we never would have known if Chow didn't choose to reveal it.

But it shows that when famous people are in hospitals, it's likely some people will want to "see" their chart -- they same way they click on the link to "see" their wedding photos or naked pics. Chow's revelation supports the idea that what happened is probably not that uncommon and that most human beings are drawn to snoop into the lives of high-profile/famous people just to scratch their curiosity itch, nothing more.

"I cast my vote early and look who was in my way."
http://instagram.com/p/uT0mZKngL_/?modal=true

Any Robbie sightings in Ward 17 today?

A bit morbid perhaps, but 'tis the season:
https://twitter.com/Heading_West/status/523595036194537472

Andray Domise made a comment on twitter that is a bit cryptic but makes it sound like a new poll in Ward 2 might have him in the lead.

"With today's results, I'm happy to report that we've got a VERY good chance to end the Ford legacy in #ward2".

Let's hope something good happened! Rob is just a strange, pathetic man-child who will wither away and die if he loses the election. Of all the times we've seen him out in public, how often were his kids with him? They aren't important to him, it's all about the job and the notoriety that's come with it.

Last edited:
"With today's results, I'm happy to report that we've got a VERY good chance to end the Ford legacy in #ward2".

Good luck to Andray. But, it reminds me of what the cancer docs say, "What is incurable today is curable next Wednesday."

Report form the Distillery District.

My wife and I attended a dinner reception at "The Fermenting Cellar" last night. She received our written invitation a month ago, with JT listed as the special guest speaker on it.

Just John and his charming assistant Amanda. No hulking goon squad.

He was very warmly received by everyone in attendance, and this was not a political reception. It was nice to shake his hand and meet him personally for the first time.

This! This is what I was talking about in my post yesterday about why having so many debates is so important (before the thread derailed into eating dogs and vegetarianism).

Instead of having to show up in front of a group of voters interested in hearing about the finer points of Tory's plan to address housing and homelessness - to actually take the opportunity to explain his platform and defend it in front of interested voters - Tory went to a softball glad hand event where he shook hands and made small talk. How was that the least bit productive to the election discussion? All it did was protect Tory from tough questions that he doesn't want to answer.

The many, many debates force candidates to spell out the details of their platform and where they stand on issues that people really care about. These focused debates often cover elements that aren't specifically addressed in their campaign literature and will never, ever be covered in a televised debate. They allow those who remain undecided, who do care about these finer points, who want to hear their issues spoken to, who want to know what the candidates stand for beyond glib soundbites, to hear the candidates finally speak to them.

Has no one posted Royson James's excellent piece? (apologies if you did and I missed it; I was furiously scrolling past posts about vegetarian dogs and the dysfunctional alcoholics who love to eat them).

Politics exposes Toronto’s troubled past and future: James
The election campaign elicits despair as it reveals the city's so-easily manipulated divisions.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...xposes_torontos_troubled_past_and_future.html

it's too long to post here, and it really deserves the clicks ( I am using 'open in incognito window,' though ;) ), but here are a few highlights:

.... Toronto’s most influential institutions and thinkers live or work or act from downtown. Often, they tire of the babble from the rabble in the suburbs. Just give us back our old, pre-amalgamation Toronto, they say. Spare us from the car-loving, beer-drinking suburbanites. And the echo comes back: “Save us from the latte-drinking, pinky-in-the-air downtown elites.”
The stereotypes are ridiculous, we acknowledge; we fall for them time and time again. ......

Toronto’s suburbs need the kind of political representation that downtown gets: active, progressive, NDP-type city councillors who move heaven and Earth to rebuild parks, erect community centres, stock libraries, renovate swimming pools and splash pads, revitalize neighbourhoods. Too often, what they get are tightwads who arrive at city hall looking to pull down the city to the bare bones desolation of the worst-served neighbourhoods in the suburbs......

The Fords have done everything to take advantage of the natural rifts and annoyances. Etobicoke parks are nothing like the programmed and animated ones in downtown or North York. So, Rob Ford blames this on a downtown-centred council. Rather, it’s a function of different focus and vision in the old cities. Etobicoke provided wide open spaces and little else. Mel Lastman wanted water features in North York’s parks and delivered them.

Downtowners get subways, you get buses and LRT, Ford baits Scarborough residents — as if the TTC and the former Metro council spurned the wishes of the suburbs to favour their buddies downtown. In fact, subways require densities and office complexes not existing in Scarborough. Planners expected more than 100,000 jobs to be present in the North York to Scarborough city centre corridor between 1986 and 2011. They got fewer than 1,000 by 2006. Subway proponents who talk about Paris and other European cities might want to consider that Paris is building LRTs to its suburbs that have Scarborough-like ridership.

Rob Ford is giving props not handshakes. Says he has toxins I his body.

Rob and Doug Ford have left Walmart.

https://twitter.com/KrisReports/status/523604702773383168

Does Rob ride in the Fordmobile as a "special attraction"?
The cold and flu season is in full swing and a cancer patient who has just finished his chemo treatment thinks hanging around Walmart is a good idea. That alone should show why he is unfit to hold office. What an idiot, a cold could kill him. Why does the name Darwin keep coming to mind?

It should be quite obvious from reading my post. Ignorant, generic, and holier-than-thou comments about addiction, addicts, and their families. That's what concerns me.

IMNSHO you need to get a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back