News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it has to be a typo. Who in their right mind would purposely change the spelling of their name to Karla-with-a-K during her K-kid-bearing years in the early to mid 1990s (especially in Ontario, Canada at that time) and stick with it?

Reason: Holmolka

Numerology has been brought up (I can't remember who did it) so there's that rabbit hole. Karla=7 Ford =7 or 14 reduced to 5. Is this tinfoil hat time? Superstition is something that affects us all.

goldsbie 4:05pm via Twitter Web Client

Star endorses Tory: on.thestar.com/1rpRvs8

The star back Tory!

My favourite part:

But Toronto’s agonizingly long mayoral campaign has shown Tory to be the candidate most effective in reaching across party lines, rallying support, and convincing people to pull together. It’s telling that he is leading in almost all parts of the city – including the heart of “Ford Nation” in Etobicoke and downtown areas where Chow could be expected to run strongest. That’s vital for progress at city hall, especially after the bitterness of the Ford era.

I like that he has broad support in different parts of the city, downtown & the suburbs, hopefully helping to unify the city.

Yeah, a tiny bit. I thought there was a chance they might go for Chow.
I think they, like any others, see Tory as the best show for getting rid of Ford. I'm pretty sure that's a primary motivator for the Star. I have also thought their coverage for most of the campaign has been more sympathetic to Tory, so for me this didn't seem at all surprising.

Yeah, a tiny bit. I thought there was a chance they might go for Chow.

I think they, like any others, see Tory as the best show for getting rid of Ford. I'm pretty sure that's a primary motivator for the Star. I have also thought their coverage for most of the campaign has been more sympathetic to Tory, so for me this didn't seem at all surprising.

I also thought there was a good chance they would endorse Chow, based on their coverage.

I also thought there was a good chance they would endorse Chow, based on their coverage.

Glad to see that their editorial board isn't as in the bag of a certain segment as some would fear. Now, what does the Globe got to say about it?

As to Tory - I don't see why everyone is so worked up over him - he could have won back in 2003 and still be credible as a mayor for all concerned - and almost certainly in favourable light compared to Lastman.

AoD

I think the only reasonable explanation (and the likely one) is that they didn't want to blow a larger investigation for small stuff.

This is my take on the matter as well. And it's looking like they didn't find anything larger that could stick.

I guess we will have to wait for Giroux or Blair's book.

I was assuming the Star would endorse Chow as well, although their support for some of her policies has been pretty lukewarm.

So now we'll get an I-told-you-so from SAL, something about 'downtown TorStar snobs', in which she also mocks Chow.

This is my take on the matter as well. And it's looking like they didn't find anything larger that could stick.

I guess we will have to wait for Giroux or Blair's book.

I'm sure if there's something significant that they can't make stick in court that info would still make its way into media's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back