News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tory had better have a plan to deal with this faction; I have no doubt they're going to be a pain in the ass, and the Fords (unfortunately) didn't receive the crushing they so richly deserved at the ballot box. Though even if they had, I suspect we wouldn't have seen the last of them...

Interestingly, given the demo in the most heavily-Ford-voting areas, I can see Tory's plan involving the *left* on his executive...

I don't doubt he did. I admit to not watching any of his interviews, of which there aren't many to begin with. My point was that he was never known as Stirpe and always known as Ford so he didn't really change anything from a day to day perspective, only that nigly little legal detail.

He had to change it legally or run using Stirpe....I call opportunism and cynical manipulation, but Michael didn't come up with the idea

With respect to the learning disability and the specialized classes, I didn't read it anywhere Casita. This is info directly from people who had classes with him in high school.

With respect to the learning disability and the specialized classes, I didn't read it anywhere Casita. This is info directly from people who had classes with him in high school.

Thanks, Kat's Meow. I just know what I read in the papers, and here on UT. ;)

For that alone, adma, you deserve to be thwacked around the head with a wet halibut.

Andray's platform was developed with a lot of thought to Ward 2's actual needs/recent history of neglect. As for the urban-pleasing bit - the campaign took some snark for its Twitter presence, but that's where the money came from. More than twice as many donors as any previous council candidate (compared with 2010 figures) - you may consider north of $65,000 to be airy-fairy and organic, but it broke records.

And, face it. It still didn't work.

The Lester Bangs lesson remains: to do thngs James Taylor-style in Troggsland is marking yourself for death.

The man he defeated was not such a bad guy either:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hastings_(Ontario)

Not to mention the parents.

He really is a nice enough kid - but that`s it - he is just a kid, a bit lazy, indulged and being used by the uncs. His dad`s family are really nice, decent people - salt of the earth etc and totally mortified by the son`s behaviour. Mike would have been better off being raised by dad`s family rather than the toxic ford klan.

He really is a nice enough kid - but that`s it - he is just a kid, a bit lazy, indulged and being used by the uncs. His dad`s family are really nice, decent people - salt of the earth etc and totally mortified by the son`s behaviour. Mike would have been better off being raised by dad`s family rather than the toxic ford klan.

Thanks, Lizzie. No doubt Mikey will make a fine trustee.

My comment, "Not to mention the parents", was in reply to the post below.
IOW, The sins of the uncle are not the sins of the nephew. But neither are the accomplishments.

I actually thought Mikey did okay in the CP24 interview -- I bet a lot of trustees would sound just as clueless and repetitive. Maybe I'm cynical but I don't think a lot of "qualified" people are in these positions. Iola Fortino ran to be a TDCSB trustee (on a platform of "rescuing" kids from being "befriended by LGBT students"). She didn't win, but it's not because of her bigotry. Look at Sam Sotiropoulos, gone now but he was a trustee.

tks. He probably won`t, too young, inexperienced and influenced by the uncs. My comments about about his dad;s family - just saying .... :cool:

I don't doubt he did. I admit to not watching any of his interviews, of which there aren't many to begin with. My point was that he was never known as Stirpe and always known as Ford so he didn't really change anything from a day to day perspective, only that nigly little legal detail.

So the rebranding preceded the name change.

I agree about the need for ranked ballots but I don't understand the widespread hate for Mammoliti, who had the good grace to do what people asked of him: get a labotomy. We should reward politicians who do what is asked.

Whereas Rob went with the "bottle-in-front-of-me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back