News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be awfully interesting watching D Ford trying to wrangle all the disparate forces within the Ontario PCs...
The private property advocates of Eastern Ontario (Randy Hillier etal)
The agricultural NIMBYs and their war against wind power
The public vs the growers over Ontario's Marketing Board system
The absolute ignorance of the North
The harumphing behind the LHIN system across Ontario (particularly the rural/regional town issue)
The dogs breakfast that is the Provincial overseeing of the educational system
The highway network of Ontario and the long continued municipal complaint of downloading
How to find a happy medium between the AMO, the Province and Toronto
I would like to be a fly on the wall when he speaks to say those of The Bruce vs Niagara vs Frontenac vs Ottawa Region and the juggernaut the is the GTHOA region

Doug Ford will not deal with any of that--all he thinks he needs are six slogans repeated endlessly and plenty of media time...

Mikey's voice:

It matters not to the merits (or lack thereof) of Mikey as a trustee. I think it is just that, having been silent (except for a few words at a Ford Fest) for so long, some people were struck by how high the pitch of his voice is - he sounds somewhat like his voice has not changed since he was about 12, or, as one CH reporter put it (rather cruelly, perhaps) on Twitter, he sounds like a castrato.

It is rather cruel. I have no real problem with Mikey's vocal characteristic, maybe slightly curious on why it seems to differ slightly from Ford Fest to now, but that maybe a technical recording issue. But I agree, it has no real bearing on the merit or lack of merit of him winning school trustee. How he seems to have won by name recognition alone and how his uncles seem to manipulate him, that is a concern to me.

Best case scenario is Mikey does make the best of this, him "in agreeance" with LGBT students may not be grammatically guud, but it's a good start in defining himself separate from his two uncles. Though really, I hope he does break away from Rob and Doug, and if he'd rather continue in aviation after this term, pursue that instead.

Jeebus H Christos, frankly I'm getting sick of political dynasties. The Fords may be the worst examples of it, but let's not kid ourselves here, they're not the only ones. Politics is the one field where I'd rather not see a "Governed and Ruled by X and Sons since 1892 est" fridge magnet.

casita, have I ever mentioned that I adore your posts? :) I meant to grab your one about confidential medical info, too - zzzzing.

Thanks for the kind words, Racquette. :eek:

I apologise for overreacting, Lizangel. Confidentiality was drilled into me for so many years that it must have triggered a reflex response.

Still can't beat Mikey's - he didn't even need slogans.

Not BSI? Number of false claims/Number of total claims

AoD

The flaw in trying to apply BSI to Doug Jr. is that it would require him to make at least one claim that was true (assuming we filter out the humdrum, such as "Hi, my name is Doug Ford").

I came on this page to talk about the dead beat dad Randy. Yes I provided info and was questioned how I know things.. I have removed some of my posts and in reference to those I hope you can delete your comments . Out of all the Fords that just upset me that people would make fun of his voice like I said before he is a good kid with a bad last name and even worse uncles.

I will be shutting down my account soon anyway. Adios Amigos :p

Thanks for the kind words, Racquette. :eek:

I apologise for overreacting, Lizangel. Confidentiality was drilled into me for so many years that it must have triggered a reflex response.

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 36s37 seconds ago
.@shurmanator on DFord PC run: "If we're really looking to build consensus and cross party lines in that legislature, it ain't Doug Ford"

This.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 11m11 minutes ago
Full disclosure: Off until Monday.

Well deserved, Don!

Last edited:
While Mike Ford might be a decent person, his election is not a good thing for his constituents. Being a parent of a child (well, now teen) with learning, anxiety and (hence) attendance issues, it's taken me a good three years to absorb different processes, policies and programs w/in the board and in conjunction w/outside agencies. I still run into professionals in the system who have no clue about these same things, and sometimes when this happens you have to contact your board member to go to bat/mine the system for you. I'd have zero confidence in a board member who just got dropped into the position and he's got a huge amount of info to process quickly if he wants to work for the students/parents in the ward.

Please provide your definition for "vegetarian" so we can engage in proper debate.
ROFL - beautiful. :D

I think that I was the one who added "pissibly" to the tags - but I can no longer recall where it came from in the first instance.
To do with the parking-lot incident, perhaps?

... just upset me that people would make fun of his voice like I said before he is a good kid with a bad last name and even worse uncles.
Fair enough; can certainly appreciate that standpoint. And his ideas, mores and actions in the role will indeed be the important things, not his speaking voice.

Channel flipping last night, I caught a few seconds of Mikey being interviewed on Global News and heard him speak for the first time. Man, oh, man, that voice. Methinks we're going to have to change his nickname here from "Mutey" to "Castratie." I can see why the Fords wouldn't allow him to open his mouth during the campaign. It's shallow as hell, but that high-pitched Minnie Mouse voice would not have been an asset while running for office, even a minor one such as school trustee.

Not to be an asshole about it. I take Lizangel11's points: He may well be an improvement on his uncles/mother/succubus grandmother, (it's hard to see how he could be worse), and I don't doubt he's being used as a pawn by his reprehensible family. Given his youth, I have some sympathy for the kid; he's definitely in over his head, placed in a position that he might not even really want to be in.

But, y'know, he still shouldn't be there. And we really have no idea as to how willing or unwilling a pawn Mikey truly is in the fucked up schemes of this family of criminal sociopaths. Maybe he's a nice enough boy on his own merits. That really doesn't concern the rest of us. He still has no business in any position of responsibilty right now, if ever. He certainly didn't get elected due to merit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read that Doug had been vetted by the PCs before the provincial election and told to take a hike. Why would they change that decision?

It's well known the OPC is in flux, Dougie is just be strumming some of their tendrils to see if there is give. And being desperate can make strange bed fellows.

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 2.13.27 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 2.13.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 2.13.27 PM.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 626
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back