8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Today's Warmington On Ford

Nice of Rob to tell the public that they should call 911 everytime they notice anything suspicious, no matter how minor. If there's one thing emergency services really needs, it's for a Ford Nation idiot to call 911 every time they see a brown person in an unfamiliar head covering doing a double take when they get out of their car at the gas station.

~~~

Until then he’s still working, albeit from home. He is still the mayor until Dec. 2 and said he is trying his best to do what he can.

One example came Thursday when the RCMP told QMI that ISIS terror networks had specifically made threats on Canadian institutions and police. Ford said top of mind for him is citizen safety.

"I think I want to remind people if they see something unusual to not hesitate and call 911. Even if it looks minor, it’s best that they don’t take any chances and call."

I'm absolutely okay with Rob's advice. After all, that's exactly what he does whenever he sees anything unusual. Paging Mary Walsh.

This will age me, but I went to an Oshawa Generals game when Eric Lindros was still a minor league hockey player. I had a puck he used, but lost it...

Bahhh age using Lindros?!? (spitz) I was at a Seneca Nats game with Gretzky skating circles around everyone on the ice when he would have been 15 or 16...

ETA: From Wiki... "as a 15-year-old, he had 72 points in 32 games with the same team, then known as the Seneca Nationals."

Last edited:
Bahhh age using Lindros?!? (spitz) I was at a Seneca Nats game with Gretzky skating circles around everyone on the ice when he would have been 15 or 16...

Now I don't feel so old. That must have been a fun experience.

Checked out the menu and ran for the Gasex!

Whenever I drive through the 'shwa on the 401, never having a reason to explore the place, I think of the line workers, the "rivet-heads" at GM. Probably the only thing worse than working there would be the fear of being laid off.

I remember a guy telling me that a man dropped dead on the assembly line, and they didn't even slow it down. Just sent another warm body in.

That old Beach Boys song always comes to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD4sxxoJGkA

He'd been laid off five times in five years from GM.
Expecting to be laid off again, he cracked one night working on the assembly line.
He was now shooting hoop at the local mental health center.
I couldn't take it. I told the guy next to me:
Tell the foreman I'm sick. I don't give a shit what you tell him.
I grabbed my coat, flew out the door, passed the guards...
jumped into my car, got onto Bristol Road...
and was flying toward my apartment.
I turned on the radio, hoping that might cheer me up...
I had tears coming out of my eyes...
and I strike right into the middle of Wouldn't It Be Nice by The Beach Boys.
And I'm thinking, What a horrible song...
to have to hear in the midst of this panic attack.
A song that I'd usually get a groove going with.
I'm trying to sing the lyrics, and I've got an apple in my throat.
I'm trying to rationalize with those lyrics...
trying to think, Wouldn't it be nice? And it just wasn't working.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9jBbsunLe6U/S8Oc4vpZl7I/AAAAAAAABi4/PnHP5nvMq1Q/s1600/rivethead1.jpg

Last edited:
Now I don't feel so old. That must have been a fun experience.

I was 11 and played D, and totally in awe. Was trying to figure out how to figure out how to defend a guy like that... never did. Many lesser forwards between house league and MTHL for a few years, but Hockey was not to be a career for me.

Indeed. Note that Wormy said that Rob has been diagnosed with "pneumonia" and prescribed a "heavy dose of antibiotics". That certainly sounds "plausible" and perhaps even "accurate". It may even be that Rob's "tumour" has remained "stable" with chemo as opposed to "growing" or it simply hasn't "responded" at all.

Of course, all these "quotes" tend to make Wormy read as if he's placing "air quotes" around all these phrases.

I expect the "hilarious" effect is somewhat "unintentional".

This has become a Vaudeville routine.

okay, so chemo (or luck) has kept Ford's tumour in check, but it's still not operable (?) No surprise he's got pneumonia, hell, I've got bronchitis right now and am in relatively good health. Am surprised that they sent Ford home with some antibiotics, but I'm not a doc.

ROTFLMAO!

View attachment 36607

At least the GM workers don't behave like Chrysler workers. Whew!

"Oshawa: Prepare to be amazed"
http://www.oshawa.ca/culturecounts/

"Like I say, I've never been to Oshawa. The difference for me is that, unlike Hamilton, I can't think of one single reason to go."
https://www.raisethehammer.org/blog/1310/oshawas_slow_self-destruction

lol, the new Prepare to be Amazed city slogan kills me. Talk about drama, the Fords don't have anything on this. So a councillor who lobbied hard to bring KISS to the 'shwa, kidnapped another councillor at gunpoint and held him hostage which led to a police standoff. Now he's in jail, and still wants to run for council, but his driver's license expired while he was in jail, so his application is invalid! And now he wants to sue the city!! But still run for council!

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/05/jailed-former-oshawa-councillor-upset-he-cant-run

okay, so chemo (or luck) has kept Ford's tumour in check, but it's still not operable (?) No surprise he's got pneumonia, hell, I've got bronchitis right now and am in relatively good health. Am surprised that they sent Ford home with some antibiotics, but I'm not a doc.

Get well soon!

lol, the new Prepare to be Amazed city slogan kills me. Talk about drama, the Fords don't have anything on this. So a councillor who lobbied hard to bring KISS to the 'shwa, kidnapped another councillor at gunpoint and held him hostage which led to a police standoff. Now he's in jail, and still wants to run for council, but his driver's license expired while he was in jail, so his application is invalid! And now he wants to sue the city!! But still run for council!

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/05/jailed-former-oshawa-councillor-upset-he-cant-run

(wipes tears of laughter from face) oh that is TOO funny! :-D why can't I stop LOL?!

...and I strike right into the middle of Wouldn't It Be Nice by The Beach Boys.
And I'm thinking, What a horrible song...
to have to hear in the midst of this panic attack.
A song that I'd usually get a groove going with.
I'm trying to sing the lyrics, and I've got an apple in my throat.
I'm trying to rationalize with those lyrics...
trying to think, Wouldn't it be nice? And it just wasn't working.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9jBbsunLe6U/S8Oc4vpZl7I/AAAAAAAABi4/PnHP5nvMq1Q/s1600/rivethead1.jpg

Except when Hamper said that in Roger and Me, it led into a montage of scenes of the worst of Flint's abandoned residential and commercial areas. Oshawa doesn't look anything like Flint - yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back