News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Rob Ford is now the only one left in the crack-smoking North American mayors club.

TorontoStar 9:45am via Hootsuite
Marion Barry, former Washington, D.C. mayor notorious for crack incident, dead at 78.

The similarities between them are incredible.

The vote was 41-2 ( Rob and Doug ) to transfer that responsibility to the Deputy Mayor.

And presumably, DoFo's crude notion of "veto rights" meant that he could override the other 41, i.e. no threshold whatsoever...

And presumably, DoFo's crude notion of "veto rights" meant that he could override the other 41, i.e. no threshold whatsoever...

If Doug gets in as Premier he may be able to do something about that.

Especially scary considering the number of times Rob and Doug were the only "NO" votes in council.

I wonder if Rob and Doug would also like the power to hire and fire the police chief?

Politics aside, simply as a matter of survival, if that day ever comes I will be moving well outside that 160 km radius I mentioned.

"Mayor should have veto powers over council: Ford"
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/20/mayor-should-have-power-to-veto-council-doug-ford

Last edited:
Yeah, right. Another Ford "political idea" derived from watching US teevee. Did he mention the "District Attorney" in the same interview? Talk about low-information voters, these guys are low-information politicians. Duh.

And what purpose would this veto serve? What check, balance or safeguard would one cowboy mayor's whim institute? How would an autocrat save us from city council? Fascist much?

Even a US presidential veto can be overturned by a 2/3 majority, so those 41-2 votes would still count.

Are we sure Doug's not smoking rocks too?

It's rather strange that he has his mother with him instead of Renata:

Chris Caple
‏@chriscaple
Left city hall 10 minutes ago. Ford & mother were visible in office window from outside.

It's rather strange that he has his mother with him instead of Renata:

Chris Caple
‏@chriscaple
Left city hall 10 minutes ago. Ford & mother were visible in office window from outside.

I wonder if he was hoping people would see him from the skating rink and would come up for a selfie.

Edit:

smb ‏@smb6 1h1 hour ago

Rob Ford is presently in his office at City Hall. Curtains part open, TV on, talking with Amin. Occasionally Ford stands up & gesticulates.

smb @smb6 · 47m 47 minutes ago

To follow up: at 7:10pm Amin and Rob Ford got up, exited and turned off lights. Just the facts folks. #RFMG signing out.

Last edited:
I wonder if he was hoping people would see him from the skating rink and would come up for a selfie.

Edit:

smb ‏@smb6 1h1 hour ago

Rob Ford is presently in his office at City Hall. Curtains part open, TV on, talking with Amin. Occasionally Ford stands up & gesticulates.

smb @smb6 · 47m 47 minutes ago

To follow up: at 7:10pm Amin and Rob Ford got up, exited and turned off lights. Just the facts folks. #RFMG signing out.

Why spend Sunday night with the wife and kid. Better off doing nothing with Amin.

Off to the Caribbean for a little while, folks. Will miss the transition from Ford to sanity at CH. It's been a hell of a ride. See you all on the flip side!

"It takes a great deal of courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it.†- Oscar Wilde -

Why spend Sunday night with the wife and kid. Better off doing nothing with Amin.

Isn't he going in for another round of chemo today? Given that he's had to spend more and more time at the hospital when that happens, last night may have been his last chance to make sure that anything 'interesting' was cleared out of his office before Tory moves in, and it wouldn't be as busy then as it is during the week. I have no doubt that Mother would definitely want to ensure that the coast was clear.

Last edited:
thanks for the info. wow, they must really be desperate to unload those dolls/recoop costs if they bothered to set up a website, knowing how tech-challenged/uninterested they are.

One woman I saw being interviewed at City Hall on CP24 said it was so nice of the mayor to be doing this for charity on his own time. :rolleyes: ummm... no.

Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.37.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.38.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.35.49 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.37.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.37.01 AM.png
    536.7 KB · Views: 571
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.38.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.38.16 AM.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 552
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.35.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.35.49 AM.png