News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug probably knows that Rob will die and an easily-winnable council seat will be vacated for him.

Does he really want to be a councillor though? He didn't seem to want to before, especially given that his only ally was Rob; with him gone, he'd have no-one.

Does he really want to be a councillor though? He didn't seem to want to before, especially given that his only ally was Rob; with him gone, he'd have no-one.

He might still do it if Rob dies, but he'll hate the job, true. He has a tendency to do work he hates as a way of (possibly) getting somewhere else, and with the door closed on him at the provincial level, he might still take a run at being councillor just to be an obstructionist and occasionally say 'If Rob were here ...'.

Mutey can run in the by-election. He doesn't really want to be a school trustee.

Also, Warren Kinsella favorited one of my tweets. That was random...

He might still do it if Rob dies, but he'll hate the job, true. He has a tendency to do work he hates as a way of (possibly) getting somewhere else, and with the door closed on him at the provincial level, he might still take a run at being councillor just to be an obstructionist and occasionally say 'If Rob were here ...'.

I'd put my money on a run by young Michael if Rob is too sick or too dead to handle Ward 2. Also, I wouldn't count Rob out just yet. It's the chemo rather than the cancer that's knocking him for a loop, at the moment.

I don't think these were posted here yet. Jude retweeted them, so that's good enough verification for me.

Jonathan Schachter @schchtr 2:56 PM - 26 Nov 2014
FYI: @judemacdonald's Municipal Conflict of Interest Act application against #RobFord and DoFo will be heard Dec 14-18, 2015. #topoli
https://twitter.com/schchtr/status/537696302268973056

Jonathan Schachter @schchtr 2:57 PM - 26 Nov 2014
The Fords' motion to have @judemacdonald's application dismissed will be heard Apr 2, 2015. #topoli
https://twitter.com/schchtr/status/537696714808131584

Ford's previous COI was heard roughly 9 months after it was filed. whatthe has noted that the five days allotted (vs. 2 in the previous case) could be why it will take so much longer. Is it also possible that the longer timeframe is because of the Fords submitted a motion for dismissal which will need to be heard first? I ask because that date is scheduled about 8 months after Jude's initial filing.

Huh, Neil Flagg and co are oddly silent on Doug's announcement. Still obsessing about Tory occasionally putting his hands in his pockets.

And on a side note, his lawyer is pretty hot

Canadian Lawyer magazine calls Marie Henein "one of the most sought-after criminal lawyers in the country". She's worked on several high profile cases and worked with Eddie Greenspan, probably the best known lawyer in Canada. The Globe describes her as "formidable, confident and razor-sharp".

But Jimmi T's takeaway is that she's "hot".

Side note indeed.

Canadian Lawyer magazine calls Marie Henein "one of the most sought-after criminal lawyers in the country". She's worked on several high profile cases and worked with Eddie Greenspan, probably the best known lawyer in Canada. The Globe describes her as "formidable, confident and razor-sharp".

Side note indeed.

For show business folks, it would be pretty hard to top Jerry Geisler: "It has been said (though never proved) that after Lana Turner’s daughter Cheryl stabbed the star’s lover Johnny Stomponato the first call Turner made was not for an ambulance but to Hollywood lawyer Geisler, such was his reputation. Certainly there was an hour’s delay before the police arrived and when they did, Geisler was already there."

Geisler also got Errol Flynn off when he was charged with the rape of two teenage girls.

Last edited:

Side note indeed.

She's also known for getting around "rape shield" laws etc....advocating trying to introduce evidence about victims' sexual pasts etc even though a judge will disallow it - hence guaranteeing the judge has seen the evidence even if it technically is not allowed (handy in judge-alone trials).

She's also known for getting around "rape shield" laws etc....advocating trying to introduce evidence about victims' sexual pasts etc even though a judge will disallow it - hence guaranteeing the judge has seen the evidence even if it technically is not allowed (handy in judge-alone trials).
Sounds exactly like the sort of lawyer you'd want in your corner if charged, and not if you're a witness or complainant.

Side note indeed.

haha relax!

34PwHlw3AL4R32pQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
AndrewTumilty
I was set to write about Doug Ford running. We should all be glad he's not, even Liberals. Here's why #ONpoli http://t.co/sZLsU77kJL

extract:

Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 2.20.28 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 2.20.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 2.20.28 PM.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 530
For the record (or, at least, a record - mine): On the day of the switcheroo [a word from the same era as pizzazz, I believe] I predicted that Mikey's candidacy for Ward 2 councillor will be announced during the eulogy at the funeral service for Robbie - because the Fords are indeed that crass.

For the record (or, at least, a record - mine): On the day of the switcheroo [a word from the same era as pizzazz, I believe] I predicted that Mikey's candidacy for Ward 2 councillor will be announced during the eulogy at the funeral service for Robbie - because the Fords are indeed that crass.

And I predicted back in July that Kathy won't be allowed to attend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back