8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford's back and itching for a fight

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...rds-back-and-itching-for-a-fight-hepburn.html

Personally, I do not want to know where Rob Ford itches...:eek:

Perish that thought!

So if he doesn't drop dead, Rob will basically spend the next four years campaigning, which is the only thing not alcohol or drug related that he seems to like doing. I hope most people see that he's totally irrelevant and will be nothing more than a fringe candidate if he lives long enough to run again. People will see that having an adult for mayor is way more productive for the city, they're already seeing the difference it makes. Unfortunately those die-hard Ford Nation types out there will be repeating whatever gibberish tumbles out of Rob's mouth, thankfully there aren't many of them.

Oh boo fraking hoo, you can dish it out but you can't take it; no names? really?

I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford - January 20 at 11:33pm

From one of our best regular commenters, Kevin Brown. I can say that this is by no means a surprise; the only surprise is that Joe is brave enough to talk about it in public:

"Interesting discussion on "The Late Shift" with Joe Warmington. Joe revealed that he has been approached by two "very powerful" people with a request that he "lay off John Tory" (Joe is one of the few journalists who is openly critical of Tory). He also discussed how the 1010 morning team are continually trashing him. Christie Blatchford in particular has it in for him. She actually approached his boss - Wendy Metacalfe - to complain about his articles. Blatchford was a regular on Tory's radio program and is a good personal friend of Tory. Unfortunately because of his powerful connections John Tory can get just about any journalist in this city fired if they are too critical of him."

I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford - Yesterday at 10:37am

Here it is, Joe Warmington's radio show from last night has now been posted online. Click below to start listening at 41:45, where he begins talking about the bullying and intimidation against him both openly with his media colleagues, and behind the scenes with powerful political operators. We all need to stand behind Joe here. A free press is crucial for a free society, and frankly beyond Joe and perhaps Sue-Ann Levy, there is not a single independent voice remaining in the Toronto media willing to critique the regimes in power.

https://soundcloud.com/letfordbe/the-late-shift-with-joe-warmington-jan-20-2015#t=41:45

Here's a thought, Robbie quit the mayoral race because it and the position of mayor would be to taxing for him due to his fight with cancer, then why is he camping for mayor and heckling Tory at some events?

My answer? Robbie knew he would lose the mayoral race and so like a coward he lied to escape failure. Too bad not everyone falls for the Ford Alternate Reality or F.A.D.

Oh boo fraking hoo, you can dish it out but you can't take it; no names? really?

so he's complaining about bullying when other (real) journalists call him on his obvious Ford pandering - yeah, boof fraking hoo indeed!

Unfortunately those die-hard Ford Nation types out there will be repeating whatever gibberish tumbles out of Rob's mouth, thankfully there aren't many of them.

Over 30% of people voted for Ford. It's dangerous to assume that "there aren't many of them".

As Daniel Dale pointed out, a lot of people who voted for Rob and Doug generally don't go to the polls. Without a Fordian candidate in the race, they are very likely to stay at home.

Ford Nation is still a strong force. Tory moving to the left as his budget seems to be doing is going to embolden the Ford supporters.

Ford Nation is still a strong force. Tory moving to the left as his budget seems to be doing is going to embolden the Ford supporters.

Yeah, but who are they going to vote for? Doug seems to know he's not as popular and he has his delusional mind on a bigger arena in which to fail even bigger. Rob won't be around for the next election and I don't think Fordites are as excited about Mikey.

Should they implement ranked ballots, a left-leaning voter would not have a Ford as their second or third choice. Likely, Tory would be their second or third choice, if he shows them something that they like.

Well, Blatchford is awful and I'm not entirely surprised she would be friends with Tory, but I really doubt Tory has gotten anyone fired. That sounds like paranoia or an attempt to suggest a conspiracy.

Worms really has no business complaining about people objecting to his complete lack of integrity. A warty old drunk who sucks up to Ford, dismisses any criticism of Ford with 'Yeah, but who cares?' and finds the most ridiculous things to praise about him, even by association ('The burgers at Ford Fest were outstanding!') deserves nothing but scorn.

Perish that thought!

So if he doesn't drop dead, Rob will basically spend the next four years campaigning, which is the only thing not alcohol or drug related that he seems to like doing.

Yes. And do nothing for his ward, and his idiots will love him for it.

People will see that having an adult for mayor is way more productive for the city, they're already seeing the difference it makes. Unfortunately those die-hard Ford Nation types out there will be repeating whatever gibberish tumbles out of Rob's mouth, thankfully there aren't many of them.

No. See above comment. "Warrgarble free TTC rides for kids that aren't mine? Respect for taxpayers blah blah"

Unfortunately those die-hard Ford Nation types out there will be repeating whatever gibberish tumbles out of Rob's mouth, thankfully there aren't many of them.

Brothers Ford almost won the elecvtion. They are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back