News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argue the facts and stop the ad hominem attacks. Grow up cdr108.

the facts are there ... perhaps he should consider reading them and not repeating same incorrect information ...

there is only so many times one can argue the facts before constantly hitting one's head against the wall

I am no fan of sole-sourced contracts (apart from those that are required, such as specialized goods/services), but the one with Gateway makes some sense, if only because it harminizes the leases, the franchises are operated individually, and the reasoning is clear and open. The newstands have the same prices and (albeit, more limited) products as other convenience stores, and there is some choice within the subway (McDonald's, Tim Hortons, Kitchen Table, Cinnabun) and plenty of choice outside the system. Of course the best way to solve any issue of choice is to modernize the fare system wth time-based transfers if one prefers Starbucks over Gateway's coffee and doesn't have a Metropass to leave the subway en route to get a cup. Far worse are the Tuggs and Beasley contracts for the Beaches and Toronto Islands respectively.

Ford never made this an issue until he found the opportunity to knock Stintz for it, and lied yesterday on the radio about Stintz not communicating with him on it. And Doug Ford had the sole-source consultant contract for a secret plan to commercialize the delicate Port Lands redevelopment.

Or hiring the Sheppard "consultant" out of an almost defunct TTIL account - and unlike the Gateway deal, I am fairly certain I can demonstrate vested interest in THAT case.

AoD

Or hiring the Sheppard "consultant" out of an almost defunct TTIL account - and unlike the Gateway deal, I am fairly certain I can demonstrate vested interest in THAT case.

AoD

Good one. How could I forget about everyone's favourite Conservative dentist-turned-transit "expert"?

This is the best advice for Rob Ford that I have seen in the wake of his victory:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/27/time-for-mayor-rob-ford-to-push-ahead

For starters this would be a good idea!

One of his first acts this week should be to fire Integrity Commissioner Janet Leiper — and very publicly.

If this is within his power Ford should not waste any time firing Leiper and while he is at the Ombudsman as well!

It's time for him to take the gloves off!

This is the best advice for Rob Ford that I have seen in the wake of his victory:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/27/time-for-mayor-rob-ford-to-push-ahead

For starters this would be a good idea!

If this is within his power Ford should not waste any time firing Leiper and while he is at the Ombudsman as well!

It's time for him to take the gloves off!

Wasn't one of Ford's mandates to stop wasteful spending practices and to give the little guy a voice at City Hall? Seems like firing the people who are in charge of such oversight would be counterproductive.

Then again, even a Ford supporter could see that he has backed away from such a position, with using tax dollars and services to support his football team being a prime example. So ya, firing the Integrity Commissioner and Ombudsman would not be outside the realm of possibility.

Of course, a Ford fanatic such as yourself could never see that Ford has become everything he campaigned against. Should I assume you also believe that "this year" will be the year the Leafs win the cup?

Does anybody else ever feel like Nick Kouvalis has 2 or 3 sock puppets with which he has largely frustrated serious discussion of municipal politics on this forum? Only a committed liar (or, I suppose, an insane/brain-injured person) could hold some of the positions taken by certain frequent posters in this thread.

Does anybody else ever feel like Nick Kouvalis has 2 or 3 sock puppets with which he has largely frustrated serious discussion of municipal politics on this forum? Only a committed liar (or, I suppose, an insane/brain-injured person) could hold some of the positions taken by certain frequent posters in this thread.

Don't confuse opposing viewpoints as conspiracy.

However, I'm still always taken aback by how bitterly vindictive and stubborn those supporting Ford can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back