8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Rob's approach to avoiding a relapse has been to eschew sobriety

Haha. I wonder how honest Ford has been with his doctors about his substance consumption. Did he lie outright and claim perfect sobriety? Or did he own up? I would assume he started with lying, but could even Rob Ford stand up to the power of the "this is a matter of life and death" stare perfected by doctors everywhere?

Last edited:
Either Mt Sinai decided right from the start not to become involved in the Ford dramatics or they fell out with the Fords right from the start. Or both. A very smart strategy from my point of view, having worked in hospital PR in my chequered past. Typically the hospital wants to own the public release of information - within privacy law of course - as families and the police typically get it wrong. Many's the time we had police officers telling the world that a patient had severe head injuries while the reality was a broken leg. For a normal public figure, I'd have expected Mt Sinai to release the information either through the head surgeon or an appointed spox. But given the Fords' propensity to make things up, get things wrong, and try to bully professionals, my guess is that Mt Sinai just decided to stay out of the time-wasting hot mess that the Fords will inevitably cause. Nothing to be gained.

For example, DoFo was quoted this morning saying that Rob is in terrible pain, just awful pain. I really doubt that. I'd bet that Rob right now is full of so much legal dope that he's floating out in orbit somewhere round Jupiter. That's just Doug spouting the first thing that comes out of his big gob.

Not that I would EVER want to prop up a Ford point - but when I had a decompression surgery on the back of my head last year, I woke up in the most pain ever and they were giving me the very most morphine they could. I really found that the pain was more than drugs could handle for those first few days. So, I can see him having some kind of pain. They tore up his insides.

The morphine drip is always timed so the patient can't overdose. Gives them something to do, pressing the button and waiting for the next blast. That's all you think about for a few days, when not sleeping. I've also been through a situation where nothing could take away the pain, not even a morphine drip, and he's dealing with more than I did. I've no doubt he's dealing with an immense amount of pain today and for the next several days. Then they have to eventually get him to start moving a bit, and it starts all over again.

The morphine drip is always timed so the patient can't overdose. Gives them something to do, pressing the button and waiting for the next blast. That's all you think about for a few days, when not sleeping. I've also been through a situation where nothing could take away the pain, not even a morphine drip, and he's dealing with more than I did. I've no doubt he's dealing with an immense amount of pain today and for the next several days. Then they have to eventually get him to start moving a bit, and it starts all over again.

Wonder how the pain would compare to, say, getting punched in the face with a bag of fast food, getting beaten with an extendible police baton, getting hospitalized after a prison assault, getting thrown off an apartment balcony or getting shot to death outside a club.

Wonder how the pain would compare to, say, getting punched in the face with a bag of fast food, getting beaten with an extendible police baton, getting hospitalized after a prison assault, getting thrown off an apartment balcony or getting shot to death outside a club.
POST OF THE YEAR

i can't believe how we continue to give this guy our attention

From what I'm told, these cops are surprisingly incompetent. They have no idea who some key people are.

In terms of PT, I'm interested in hearing how Amy Andrews ended up in this whole scheme. She's mid-50s and lives in some big house on Mississauga Road. It was supposedly the Bloods' stash house--they paid her to house their supply. I'm really curious how she ever got involved.

i know it's a relatively common name, but there is an amy andrews that used to live in mactier (which is where mcrobb lives)... do you think it's the same amy andrews?

from 2004...
By the way, the winner of the weekly 50/50 draw sponsored by the MacTier Curling Club Sports and Heritage for December 29 was Amy Andrews of MacTier.
http://www.muskokaregion.com/news-story/3581954-back-to-school-monday-watch-out-for-the-kids/

Since we do not live in MacTier at the present we only heard about it yesterday. Yours Always in Thoughts and Prayer; Bill and Amy Andrews
Friday June 29, 2012
http://www.lockhartfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1259527/Nyland-Theresa/view-condolences.php

and animatronic totally rocks.

Brilliant,

I had to think about that for a while, and it was sobering. (Really. YMMV)

I could say what goes around comes around, but this may not be the same thing. You've totally summed up where the comedy turns into the morality story. The popcorn machine keeps on poppin', cause the story is bigger than the people in it, dat fer shiz.

Indeed. And let's add how the 'hypothetical' figure who's at least partially responsible for all of the above also has a long list of petty/not-so-petty criminal behavior quite beyond what's already been mentioned, is generally violent and unstable as a matter of course, and hangs around with gun runners, drug dealers, gang members, rapists/near-rapists and all-around brutal low-level criminal thugs, especially those with a tendency towards violent behavior themselves. He counts many of the latter worthies as among his closest 'friends' (read: henchmen), and has even snagged high-paying jobs in local city government for a few of them. Astonishingly enough.

And certain half wits in our local progressive politics continue to titter girlishly about how "harmless" he is while their more reactionary counterparts wonder, with no sense of irony, why so many people actually fear/hate/despise this character. It's fucking bizarre.

I wonder how eager Gary Giroux is to retire from the force and leave the city. You'd think after the great lengths TPS went into investigating Ford/Lisi and being embarrassed by having the charges ultimately dismissed and not arresting the "big fish" or forcing him to resign, hundreds of wasted ITO pages for nothing, is Giroux chomping at the bits? There's still the extortion trial, which has a higher chance of conviction, but still, maybe a part of him wishes he could pull a Bill Blair and retire and quickly get the hell out?

Last edited:
I wonder how eager Gary Giroux is to retire from the force and leave the city. You'd think after the great lengths TPS went into investigating Ford/Lisi and being embarrassed by having the charges ultimately dismissed and not arresting the "big fish" or forcing him to resign, hundreds of wasted ITO pages for nothing, is Giroux chomping at the bits? There's still the extortion trial, which has a higher chance of conviction, but still, maybe a part of him wishes he could pull a Bill Blair and retire and quickly get the hell out?

he was "scheduled" to retire at the end of 2013.

Now in the home stretch of his policing career — he can retire with a full pension in three years — Giroux acknowledges the wearying aspects of the job.

(http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2010/12/31/is_torontos_homicide_squad_losing_its_lustre.html)

Indeed. And let's add how the 'hypothetical' figure who's at least partially responsible for all of the above also has a long list of petty/not-so-petty criminal behavior quite beyond what's already been mentioned, is generally violent and unstable as a matter of course, and hangs around with gun runners, drug dealers, gang members, rapists/near-rapists and all-around brutal low-level criminal thugs, especially those with a tendency towards violent behavior themselves. He counts many of the latter worthies as among his closest 'friends' (read: henchmen), and has even snagged high-paying jobs in local city government for a few of them. Astonishingly enough.

And certain half wits in our local progressive politics continue to titter girlishly about how "harmless" he is while their more reactionary counterparts wonder, with no sense of irony, why so many people actually fear/hate/despise this character. It's fucking bizarre.
Lets not forget the pain and terror he's regularly inflicted on his wife and kids - I've known the type and No Boundaries means just that. Fuck his pain. Sorry, I'm a mean girl when it comes to this guy. Tell it to the priest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back