News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely say this (especially at the Sun), but read the comments. Quite funny. My favourite:
"Come on Doug! Does it really take 50 kids to paint a cottage?"

Knowing the Fords' penchant for trying to get out in front of bad news by suddenly appearing to do good things and, y'know, care about people, doesn't this seem like some kind of pre-emptive damage control? Is the COI trial about to put them in a really unflattering light?

Muzik story mysteries - Now Bring in the Clowns for a little comic relief: Karigianis and Mammo are calling for OVO Fest to be banned by Muzik, well cause 2 strikes yer out! Great comment on CBC News report Kat YYZ.

I'm just imagining how a shooting incident like this would have been handled by cops and media if it had happened in TCHC. I'll bet cops wouldn't sit on security camera videos for over a week evvabeing! Kinda makes me wonder who was being entertained in the privacy of the curtained-off cubicles ala exMayor and 'friends'.

I rarely say this (especially at the Sun), but read the comments. Quite funny. My favourite:
"Come on Doug! Does it really take 50 kids to paint a cottage?"

I liked: "Doug forgot to mention that the potato sack race will only happen after all the potatoes are peeled and shipped to Scarborough for this years Ford Fest."

and: "No good deed goes unpublished."

Muzik story mysteries - Now Bring in the Clowns for a little comic relief: Karigianis and Mammo are calling for OVO Fest to be banned by Muzik, well cause 2 strikes yer out! Great comment on CBC News report Kat YYZ.

I'm just imagining how a shooting incident like this would have been handled by cops and media if it had happened in TCHC. I'll bet cops wouldn't sit on security camera videos for over a week evvabeing! Kinda makes me wonder who was being entertained in the privacy of the curtained-off cubicles ala exMayor and 'friends'.
plus, this is their "motto"...

muzik.JPG

Attachments

• muzik.JPG
    muzik.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 505
Proposal could increase councillors at Toronto City Hall to 58
The city has a “voter parity” problem, with some wards playing home to many more people than others. A report issued Tuesday makes five recommendations for how that problem could be fixed by redrawing the wards.

The proposals range from reducing the number of city councillors to 38 to increasing the number of councillors to 58.

Maintains many of the existing wards, changing only some wards that are way out of balance. The result is 47 wards.
[...]
Ford told Metro Tuesday he wants council to have only 25 wards, which would be the same as the city’s 25 federal ridings.

“I’ll put that on the table. I’ll move that,” the councillor said. “That’s the right thing to do.”
http://www.metronews.ca/news/toront...e-councillors-at-toronto-city-hall-to-58.html

City report outlines possible ward changes in Toronto
The $800,000 study – which concludes current boundaries are outdated – was first requested by the city in 2013 to tackle the problem of varying populations in the wards. Downtown wards especially have higher populations than suburban ones. Keeping the populations even ensures votes carry the same power across wards.
[...]
The report outlines five possible solutions. The first, called the “minimal change” option, would leave the boundaries as intact as possible, but add three – resulting in 47 wards. The second, called the “44 wards” option, would keep the number of wards intact, but redraw them to account for population change. Option three, called “small wards,” would substantially increase the number of wards to 58, and decrease the average population to 50,000. Option four, called “large wards,” would do the opposite, decreasing the number of wards to 38, while increasing the average population size to 75,000. The final option, called “natural / physical boundaries,” would redraw the wards to take in account neighbourhoods and landmarks. The total number of wards would be slightly reduced to 41.

The study focused on the population projections for 2026 to give the new wards a life expectancy of about four municipal elections, until 2030, Mr. Davidson said.
[...]

“I’ve worked on numerous campaigns … I can’t remember once coming across somebody saying ‘Rob, I want more politicians,’” Mr. Ford told the Globe and Mail.

If his motion fails, Mr. Ford said he would support option four – large wards.

Mayor John Tory echoed Mr. Ford’s sentiments. In an e-mailed statement, Mr. Tory said he does not want to increase the number of councillors, but didn’t directly reference the report.

“The last thing we need is more politicians,” he said.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ible-ward-changes-in-toronto/article25936455/

Last edited:
Robin Pilkey named new chair of Toronto District School Board
Rookie trustee Robin Pilkey has been acclaimed as chair of Canada’s largest school board, after the resignation of Shaun Chen to run for the Liberals federally.

See link.

What? They picked a rookie trustee to be TDSB chair. What about the other rookie, Michael Ford?

do you think this might be the same kid / family?

Abdul-khadir's brother, Sharmarke Hassan, said the two went to Canada's Wonderland the day of the shooting.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-shot-outside-hotel-pleads-for-help-1.3188755

Twelve-year-old Sharmarke Hassan remembers Mr. Smith. He taught the youngster basketball skills and would often buy Popsicles for the kids. Born in Toronto, Sharmarke spent five years living in Somalia, returning in 2011. He is happy to be back. He says there is less gun violence in Dixon than in Somalia.

Dixon is “a good place,” Sharmarke insists. “We can live here. You can play basketball, and there is no screaming and shooting and stuff.”
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-and-second-chances/article12434411/?page=all

Nothin Doug likes more than handing out a few cheap t-shirts, throwing around slices of pizza, and pretending he's king of the heap.

When the heap is liars, thieves and such, being king is not as glorious as he thinks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back