News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dougie wants to be PM, Robbie wants a Senate appointment! Maybe Don Meredith's seat when they boot the Reverent Doctor Senator Perv. Its an Ontario (Toronto) appointment. Pressure mounting for the Sens to get on with their "investigation", and if we thought the Duffy thing was entertaining at least with Meredith even the Earl Cowans might understand this is not about cheating on yer taxes.

From the good member of the Ford family.

Young Michael always seems to make a good impression on the rare occasions he pops up, at least from what I've seen. I hope it continues. If we must have Fords in Toronto's political scene, he'd be my choice.

Reactions: drk
“I’m feeling OK, you know, good days and bad days,” Rob Ford said, remaining coy on whether he would run again for mayor. “Let’s just take it one day at a time. You never know.”

That's interesting. I thought he'd be more or less healed up from the surgery by now. Sounds like the operation really knocked the stuffing out of him. Perhaps one of our medical experts can shed some light on how fast and how far people can expect to recover from a major abdominal surgery like Rob's.

Dougie wants to be PM, Robbie wants a Senate appointment! Maybe Don Meredith's seat when they boot the Reverent Doctor Senator Perv. Its an Ontario (Toronto) appointment. Pressure mounting for the Sens to get on with their "investigation", and if we thought the Duffy thing was entertaining at least with Meredith even the Earl Cowans might understand this is not about cheating on yer taxes.

Conservatives don't think they need to be a resident of the same province that they are senator. : D

i just gotta point this out...
Abdulkhadir’s mother, Fouzia Hassan, said in a previous news conference that she and her family, originally from Somalia, are now looking for justice.

“I lost my son. I want people to help me,” she said. “I need help, please.”
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...for-first-degree-murder-turns-himself-in.html

Ontario police bust intricate auto insurance fraud scheme
A complex and intricate insurance fraud scheme continues to be investigated by police north of Toronto, who claim that 65 people were involved in staging fake car collisions and filing false insurance claims worth more than $5 million.
[...]
Investigators allege that the suspects would purchase a crashed vehicle and, with the help of numerous accomplices, stage crash scenes and report the incidents to police.

Police allege the auto body shops and massage clinics where those insurance claims were supposedly processed participated in the fraud and remain under investigation.
[...]
York police launched Project Sideswipe in March, after the Insurance Bureau of Canada became suspicious of the incidents. Sixty-five drivers and passengers involved in nine separate collisions have been investigated as part of Project Sideswipe.

The staged collisions all occurred in an area north of Highway 407 in the area of Weston Road between July 2, 2009, and March 16, 2010 in an area bordered by Major Mackenzie Drive to the north, Highway 7 to the south, and Langstaff Road and Dufferin Street to the west and east.
[...]
Arrest warrants have been issued for:

• Shehryar Ahmad, 32, of Toronto
  • Mohamed Ali Hussien, 29 of Toronto
  • Christopher Savid Barco, 28, of Brampton
  • Kiril Kovtunenko, 26, of Richmond Hill
  • Lystra Modeste, 29, of Toronto
  • Patrick Muir, 27, or Toronto
  • Evadne Nelson-Thomas, 53, of Brampton
  • Abdi N Yusuf, 46, of Hamilton
  • Asif Khan, 56, of Brampton
  • Huma Baig, 46, of Mississauga
  • Kelly Smith, 33, of Toronto
  • Tiana Beckford, 21, of Brampton
  • Robin Bryan, 54, of Toronto
  • Fouzia Hassan, 44, of Toronto
  • Adnan Ahmed, 19, of Toronto
  • Lillian Pollard, 70, of Brampton
  • Jeremiah Lowe, 22, of Toronto
  • Nasra Nur, 26, of Toronto
  • Marie Rolands Berry, 65, of Ajax
  • Raha Kheyre, 29, of Toronto.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-police-bust-intricate-auto-insurance-fraud-scheme-1.908977

“I’m feeling OK, you know, good days and bad days,” Rob Ford said, remaining coy on whether he would run again for mayor. “Let’s just take it one day at a time. You never know.”

That's interesting. I thought he'd be more or less healed up from the surgery by now. Sounds like the operation really knocked the stuffing out of him. Perhaps one of our medical experts can shed some light on how fast and how far people can expect to recover from a major abdominal surgery like Rob's.

If you recall, we were all told at the beginning of all this that he'd be out of commission until at least September.

Well, it's still not September; and so maybe going to work when he should've been in bed and all those Jays games and beach holidays have finally caught up with him.

And maybe even delayed his recovery.

I'm guessing that Harper cannot make any new Senate appointment during the election campaign, so Doug (or Rob) can't get into the Senate... yet.

Conservatives don't think they need to be a resident of the same province that they are senator. : D
Too-shay! I was shocked to learn that Meredith got his appointment for his failed run in my riding, but then we never know who the Tories are running in Toronto Centre, its totally stealth.

Last edited:
Young Michael always seems to make a good impression on the rare occasions he pops up, at least from what I've seen. I hope it continues. If we must have Fords in Toronto's political scene, he'd be my choice.

I honestly wouldn't be bothered if he stuck around with the TDSB, since he seems to take the job seriously.

Last edited:
If you recall, we were all told at the beginning of all this that he'd be out of commission until at least September.

Well, it's still not September; and so maybe going to work when he should've been in bed and all those Jays games and beach holidays have finally caught up with him.

Maybe Robbie was already been given the word and he is making the most of it, the possibility has to be recognised.

I'm guessing that Harper cannot make any new Senate appointment during the election campaign, so Doug (or Rob) can't get into the Senate... yet.

Due to the crap transpiring, there is a Senate moratorium on new appointing members until "reform" and/or the Duffy affair is at an end.

My wife was treated for colon cancer about three years ago (very successfully so far) and provided some handy info. She said the aftershock of chemo hangs around for quite awhile in small-ish ways. Rob had a very intense chemo treatment, so it wouldn't be surprising if his immune system is still not up to scratch and he still gets rundown.

Of the 5 shootings in the last week, 3 of them were within a radius of 6 blocks of me: Marriott, Y-D Square and Sherbourne/Dundas. Been thinking its a good thing that their aim seems to have improved since Jane Creba. Still haven't seen anything about the 3 injured vics at Muzik - can we assume that TPS doesn't consider them "innocent by-standers?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back