News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
layton makes some interesting points here...
“Essentially, it’s disposing of property for 20 years and our Official Plan considers that a permanent disposal of property... It’d be like looking at High Park and saying, you know what, Grenadier Pond is not being used, let’s turn it into something and rent it out for private use permanently for over 20 years.”
[...]
“What if we decide to change direction at Exhibition Place because of something going on at Ontario Place? What if we decide there needs to be a more significant master planning exercise? This would mean we’d have to wait until 2034 to extricate ourselves from a lease with a tenant. That’s a long time.”
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...lub-lease-with-city-deferred-until-next-year/

so since the original lease was/is for 21 years, hasn't the city already 'permanently disposed' of the property?

Hey Jimmi... Question for you (going back a few posts to one of your comments about Rob's drug history): You know more about the man in his native context than most of us. So, what do you think he means when he says he's been sober for whatever number of months? I take it to mean he hasn't gotten drunk. Maybe a few pops here and there, but nothing to get worked up about. I also imagine he's smoking weed, as many people do. So, Rob is guilding the lily, but I'll give him a pass because I don't get the sense he's spinning big lies. How about you?

One more thing. My guess is that Rob's (relative?) sobriety has way more to do with the psychological and physical impacts of his PLS diagnosis than his efforts at rehab. Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised if cancer's scared him straight aside from weed. I was told pre-cancer he'd smoke every day to help him cope with a bad back so I can see him still doing that to help with the pain. But he's claimed to be sober in the past when he was hitting the pipe so who knows. But I'd be surprised if he's still binging.

I wouldn't be surprised if cancer's scared him straight aside from weed. I was told pre-cancer he'd smoke every day to help him cope with a bad back so I can see him still doing that to help with the pain. But he's claimed to be sober in the past when he was hitting the pipe so who knows. But I'd be surprised if he's still binging.

Before he became mayor he used to go on binges but was still functional. It seemed like the pressure of being mayor drove him over the edge. But now that he's just a councillor again that probably helps with the urges. I bet they'd return though if he was ever elected mayor again.

Or, perhaps his "beating" the PLS makes him again believe he's invincible and can go back to the old ways, especially after the shock of the treatment & surgery wears off? Self control is not his strong suit, and old habits and urges die hard. Clean & sober probably isn't much fun.

evvabeing and AoD - thanks for the additional info. And evvabeing, I don't know how you manage to just keep digging! Think this might develop into CH's next big scandal since MFP?

big sticks.PNG

http://iconosquare.com/p/1079922297594891034_184282737

Attachments

• big sticks.PNG
    big sticks.PNG
    518.3 KB · Views: 640

Nothing homoerotic about this pic and comment.:p

Before he became mayor he used to go on binges but was still functional. It seemed like the pressure of being mayor drove him over the edge. But now that he's just a councillor again that probably helps with the urges. I bet they'd return though if he was ever elected mayor again.

If he is an addict, lately he only admits to binge drinking every once in a while.

Attachments

• zlatko perv.JPG
    zlatko perv.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 467
  • shady muzik.JPG
    shady muzik.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 469
  • high muzik staff.JPG
    high muzik staff.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 470
  • underage muzik.JPG
    underage muzik.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 478
Or, perhaps his "beating" the PLS makes him again believe he's invincible and can go back to the old ways, especially after the shock of the treatment & surgery wears off? Self control is not his strong suit, and old habits and urges die hard. Clean & sober probably isn't much fun.

I don't think Rob believes he's "beaten" his cancer. In the interviews I've seen, Rob usually speaks in terms "we'll see what happens. You can't spend every minute of your life worrying about recurrence." He actually sounds quite mature and self-aware. It's remarkable because it's so unusual compared to his regular media bluster. Jimmi's comment about the cancer scaring him straight sounds about right to me (dope-smoking notwithstanding).

If the Toronto Blue Jays lose on Friday, blame Mayor John Tory

Tory advised the executive committee that he'll be joining city employees at the Rogers Centre on Friday when the Jays face the Tampa Bay Rays. But Tory insisted that even though he's a politician, there's no worry about him jinxing the team.

The Jays have lost when the three main federal leaders attended games during the election campaign. As a result, Stephen Harper, Tom Mulcair and Justin Trudeau have promised to avoid future games until after the Oct. 19 election.
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/22/mayor-on-deck-for-friday-blue-jays-tilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back