News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to feel a little sorry for the guy. The way people are hanging off him he's not a real person at all, he's someone in a Rob Ford costume at the theme park. Why do people get all dressed up, pay probably a fair hunk of cash for the tickets, and then line up to get their photo taken with such an unappealing figure? Most of them look so jazzed to be standing beside him, so happy to have their Rob Ford picture to post to Facebook or Twitter. Would anyone have these big smiles on their faces standing beside Mayor Shelley Carroll? I've recently been watching The Blue Angel, the old Marlena Dietrich movie. It's an amazing story of one man's humiliation. He begins with the respected position of professor at the local college, and five years later ends up on stage before his townspeople, in a clown suit having eggs cracked on his head while he crows like a rooster. I could see how the mayor would turn to substance help to be able to endure this. Such a geek show. Why are we all so strangely attentive to this man, this dumb slob? Maybe it shows how we as a group were stupid enough to vote for him in the first place. He's our live action cartoon.

Without any personal knowledge of Nfitz' gender orientation but given his/her passionate hatred of Ford's anti-Pride stupidity, I'm thinking 'drama queen' conjures up more offensive connotations in his/her community than yours, Beez.
Isn't assuming someone's sexual orientation based on their hatred of prejudice, prejudiced?

I objected to the quick use of the term, based simply on me being ashamed by seeing comments about women that other men were making on Twitter and on comments to media articles. Some of the comments were very sexist and misogynistic. And I certainly wasn't the only person out there to comment on this. If you don't believe what I say, then argue the point with me - don't bully, call me names, and post demeaning pictures.

I remain surprised that objecting to misogyny got a far bigger reaction and personal attacks here than objecting to anti-gay prejudice.

Not sure why we need to revisit what happened last week though. The worst offender was dealt with and the worst bullying was deleted.

Bull. 'Having a couple' might cause you to look stupid or awkward in the wrong shot, but Ford was supposed to have drank nothing but water and supposedly stood in the corner greeting folks and having pix taken with them. And Towhey and the Sun can't find a better picture??? Can't find a pic of him chatting with a nice young couple, all smiles? They didn't have their own cameraman doing PR shots?

All these pix make him look horrible. Wow, Towhey needed to get him out of there. Yikes.

He looks alright in some of the pictures (when you put aside gut issues and a shirt that needs to be ironed). When you take hundred of pictures late at night you are bound to have a few bad ones. Second and fifth pictures down (which look to have the same person in them) could simply be the case that there were two people taking pictures and he was smiling at the wrong camera.

Sarah and Rob were probably both high on coke and their universes collided in a non-complimentary way. Judgement rendered.

The guy posing with Rob Ford is Chris Drew, a Liberal wannabe politician who seems to be everywhere in downtown politics. What is he doing there? And what is this guy - who was also sure to get his photo taken blocking the Jarvis bike lane removals - doing smiling with Ford?

I don't think that CJAPC is a partisan organization....I think you would/will find politicians of all parties, at all points of the spectrum there. Here is how they describe themselves:

CJPAC is a unique national, grassroots, independent organization. Our mandate is to activate the Jewish community in the political process in order to advance relationships with members of the Canadian political community and foster Jewish and pro-Israel political leadership. CJPAC mobilizes grassroots across the country, builds relationships with elected officials – of all political parties – and works for Jewish community interests, on a multi-partisan basis, during and between elections.

As for why he is smiling? Isn't that what people do (or try to) when they are being photographed?

pro-Israel political leadership? lol. i'm sure they don't line up exactly on the party line, but that's straight neocon.

Chris Drew ain't Jewish, nor an elected politican, or high-profile quasi-politican like Sarah Thomson, so it's strange to see him there, especially with Ford.

As for pro-Israel politics, though, the Liberals will go there. Paul Martin after all was the one who started Canada's foreign policy swing from a relatively neutral to a pro-Israel slant. Harper just went further in that direction.

pro-Israel political leadership? lol. i'm sure they don't line up exactly on the party line, but that's straight neocon.

I guess I don't understand what neocon is then......when you visit their site the banner rolls through 3 pictures of past guests of theirs.....Stephen Harper followed by Bob Rae and then Thomas Mulcair ;)

I guess I don't understand what neocon is then......when you visit their site the banner rolls through 3 pictures of past guests of theirs.....Stephen Harper followed by Bob Rae and then Thomas Mulcair ;)

lmao. There for the food. Anyway I don't know who this Chris Drew is, but he automatically creeps me out.

Isn't assuming someone's sexual orientation based on their hatred of prejudice, prejudiced?

I objected to the quick use of the term, based simply on me being ashamed by seeing comments about women that other men were making on Twitter and on comments to media articles. Some of the comments were very sexist and misogynistic. And I certainly wasn't the only person out there to comment on this. If you don't believe what I say, then argue the point with me - don't bully, call me names, and post demeaning pictures.

I remain surprised that objecting to misogyny got a far bigger reaction and personal attacks here than objecting to anti-gay prejudice.

Not sure why we need to revisit what happened last week though. The worst offender was dealt with and the worst bullying was deleted.

Seriously, y'all are hypersensitive. I very carefully didn't attach a gender or a sexual orientation to my defense of your reaction. I will not defend you in the future, as it obviously cannot be taken as a positive gesture on my part.

When the cocaine rumours sprouted out originally I thought they were nonsensical and desperate.

The fact that the Globe and Mail still haven't reported on them, though, is making me suspicious now.

When the cocaine rumours sprouted out originally I thought they were nonsensical and desperate.

The fact that the Globe and Mail still haven't reported on them, though, is making me suspicious now.

If this is their big secret story though, why would they still be holding back?

If this is their big secret story though, why would they still be holding back?
Generally the media have felt that the personal addictions and failings of politicians aren't newsworthy. Look at how well they all hid Prime Minister Turner's well-known alcoholism. Not to mention Minister Smitherman's drug problem. It's a Pandora's box for them.

Should we make an exception for Ford simply because he's an embarrassment?

The lack of denial from Ford is much more telling. If he had of denied it, then it would have been newsworthy, and if there was a story would have come out. Which may explain why this might be the only vice he has ever failed to deny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back