News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
this time, i decided to google saverino montemarano, and wait 'til you see what i found.

first... i wanted to point out that their have been some articles/journalists covering the montemarano and cortellucci stuff. here are 3 examples...

Developers swayed elections: report
Deep developers' pockets are tilting the balance of power in local elections.

The development industry con-tributes too much money to successful politicians in five Simcoe County municipalities, including Barrie, says a local environmental group.
http://www.theenterprisebulletin.com/2010/03/19/developers-swayed-elections-report

City council wants to see a defined made-in-Barrie code of conduct for elected municipal officials.
A code of conduct is something Ward 6 Michael Prowse said he’d like to see, especially as council has already passed two motions designed to clarify how the mayor should act.

“There has to be some sort of guideline and parameters for members of council that govern their behaviour, their dealings with staff and what we can give direction on,” he said, adding he’d like to see a clear policy and tracking system for council use of city vehicles; the mayor and councillors do have vehicle expense allowances.

On Feb. 12, council passed a direct motion to require the mayor to take staff to any meetings involving a provincial or federal official. On April 16, council ratified a new policy that requires the mayor to notify the acting mayor (a council post that changes each month), if he can’t attend an intergovernmental meeting.

The motion was prompted by Aspden skipping a Large Urban Mayors’ Caucus of Ontario (LUMCO) meeting two weeks before the federal and provincial budgets came down. Instead, Aspden attended an Italian entrepreneurs’ conference.

The code of conduct was discussed on Monday, the same night Aspden discussed his April 5 to 15 trip to China.

Developer Mario Cortellucci, who has land holdings in Barrie and Innisfil, was on the same plane as Aspden, as was Cortellucci’s business associate Saverio Montemarano.

Aspden said he paid for his flight, but accepted the hospitality of the Chinese during his overseas stay. He said he did not sit with the developer during the flight.
http://m.muskokaregion.com/news-story/3595665-city-works-on-conduct-code

Professor's digging revealed Tory backers
Before the publication in 1999 of Funding the Common Sense Revolutionaries, an article by political scientist Robert MacDermid of York University, few outsiders would have cared to know anything about Mr. Cortellucci, his brother Mario and their partner, Saverio Montemarano.

As a result of Prof. MacDermid's creative sleuthing, however, these local businessmen have suddenly emerged as three of the most intriguing -- and potentially influential -- figures in Mike Harris's Toronto.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/professors-digging-revealed-tory-backers/article767657/

now, here's why i'm posting this time... check out what it says under the 'voice mail date rape' heading. (i've included more than just that to easily show the date.)

montemarano assault charges.JPG

i think it continues on page 4, but this one page is the only reference i can find of montemarano's charges, literally... there's no other mention anywhere on the internet that i can find. i'm guessing it takes a lot of power and money to bury a story like that.

i've done some double checking, and i'm 99% sure it's the same saverio montemarano. here's how/why...

Veteran builder/developer Montemarano, who started Bromont Homes with his sons Rocco, Luciano and Joseph, has been investing in smaller centres such as Lindsay, Peterborough and Cavan-Monaghan Township for more than 15 years.
http://toronto1820.rssing.com/chan-24923084/all_p164.html

ROCCO MONTEMARANO January 1, 1928 - March 23, 2014 Passed away peacefully at Trillium Health Centre - Mississauga on March 23, 2014. Devoted husband to his wife of 64 years Teresa. He will be lovingly remembered by his brother Tony, sister Grazia, brother-in-law Orazio Damiano (Delia) and sister-in-law Rosa Gallo and was predeceased by his brother Giuseppe, sister Filomena and parents Maria and Saverio. Devoted father of Maria, Saverio (Angela Maria) and Pina (John). Proud Nonno to Nina (David), Michael, Rocco (Caterina), Luciano (Sophie), Joseph (Rachael), Andrew and Adam. Cherished Bis-Nonno to Vienna, Giorgia, Emma, Ava and Dante. Friends will be received at the Ward Funeral Home, 4671 Hwy. 7 (west of Pine Valley Dr.), Woodbridge
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?n=rocco-montemarano&pid=170356328

so... saverio is the 2nd child of someone born in 1928. to be 42 in 1995, you would be born around 1953. rocco was 25 in 1953, which would be a pretty typical age to be having your second kid back then, so i think that's the same saverio montemarano.

i also find it weird that an only an oakville paper is the one telling me about charges for someone from woodbridge, with a victim from st. catharines, even if it did happen in oakville.

Attachments

• montemarano assault charges.JPG
    montemarano assault charges.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,920
Last edited:
I thought Randy was Rob at first. Then I noticed the running shoe on the guy on the left. Seriously, why not wear black shoes with that outfit, put on a blazer instead of a track jacket. What a freak.
yeah me too, so I guess both Rob and Randy were there. And yeah, you can buy black running shoes with no bright colour trims, black laces... people might not even notice at first glance. But Rob's too cheap I guess.

Apropos of nothing (hat tip: palma): I thought John Filion's book offered some interesting comments about the roots of Ford populism. Towhey's too, but not because he recognizes the issue.

I'm guessing the reason Rob and Doug can't get their stories straight is because they both want the news to mean something different than it does and besides that, they're terrible listeners.

I don't really see Mikey stepping into either of his uncles' shoes - his politics aren't theirs and that's probably not palatable to Ford Nation.

https://twitter.com/1236/status/660869869886287876

12:36 ‏@1236 23h23 hours ago
funniest bit of John Filion's RoFo book stars @neilflagg

CSvho5nUYAEJOSq.jpg
CSvho5mUAAIHwTN.jpg

Filion writes what is probably going to be the closest thing to an apologia for Ford and it's not complimentary enough to Flagg's liking, of course.

Neil Flagg ‏@neilflagg 23h23 hours ago
@1236 LOL I'm flattered. Too bad Rob had to drop out of the race, we'll never know if I was right. Glad Filion doesn't deny it.

The guy's got problems.

It's always an occasion for cruel laughter whenever we get a peek into the overflowing toilet that is Neil Flagg's mind.

Oh, what fun it might be to visit Flagg's poster emporium and troll him by asking for stuff that doesn't exist and/or flies right in the face of his beliefs ...

Not least of which is delusions of grandeur/relevance. I can't believe Ezra Levant gives this guy a platform. No, wait, I can. Rebel Media is a pretend news organization that'll hire anyone, really.

TheRebel is the height of parody and satire written by and presented by misfits (and in some cases just to promote their books) and Col. Flagg adds their comedic content. Ezra was a joke on SNN, especially with his "Ethical Oil" special interest group that in no way invokes a COI when he evangelizes the oil sands.

David Rider ‏@dmrider 29m29 minutes ago

No health update from @TorontoRobFord but his office says the councillor, expected to restart chemo soon, hopes to be at tomo's council mtng

4:01 PM - 2 Nov 2015 · Details

So isn't this the meeting where he is going to bitch about his fellow councillors' spending habits and bring forth a motion to deal with them? And I'm sure he's going to get a nice reception from Thompson, Berardinetti and all the others he singled out for frivolous spending.

David Rider ‏@dmrider 29m29 minutes ago

No health update from @TorontoRobFord but his office says the councillor, expected to restart chemo soon, hopes to be at tomo's council mtng

4:01 PM - 2 Nov 2015 · Details

So isn't this the meeting where he is going to bitch about his fellow councillors' spending habits and bring forth a motion to deal with them? And I'm sure he's going to get a nice reception from Thompson, Berardinetti and all the others he singled out for frivolous spending.

The only way he can present this in Council is through a member's motion, and I believe those are pretty much kept to the end of the meeting.

Only then does he get to speak on that long list, but for only a few minutes, so it never amounts to much.

But then he gets to scrum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back