News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at this tweeter's timeline and profile, it is apparent that he means either Robert Ford the U.S. professional golfer who won the Pennsylvania Open (amongst other things) or Robert Ford the U.S. former professional basketball player and now sportscaster, not Robert Bruce Ford the mean-spirited cretin.

Really? It doesn't seem that way to me.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=@jdanton rob ford&src=typd

Several references to Ford regarding smoking crack, the heart-bleeding-for-cycling thing, the football fail, etc.

Given that Robbie was supposed to be back to start his 3rd round of chemo on December 14, why would he travel to the states even if he could?

Actually, the white men are right. The women/blacks/immigrants, etc are the cause. That's privilege -- "they're taking our jobs." -- the belief that all the best things are yours by default and any deviation from that is wrong, and unfair. Their previous life expectancy was artificially high; it's reasonable for it to come down now that other groups of people are catching up (not saying racism & sexism are "over" but much better than it used to be). I'm sure slave owners had fantastic lifespans; all that harvest and not a finger lifted. Even less stressful when you don't have to pay the workers.

Now that they are competing for everything on a *somewhat* more level playing field, they are dealing with (a fraction of) the stresses and challenges that the other groups had all along. The trick is to convince them that this is actually fair... and that their previous standard was artificially inflated.

That would mean we'd also have to convince them to give up their privilege to use violence (sexual, domestic, workplace, social, police and military etc.) to enforce their other "privileges". As long as only their heats "bleed", right Robbie?

I read the tweet as humorously using the infamous "Rob Ford Toronto's Crack-smoking Mayor" character to describe the person beside him.

Yeah, but also:

https://twitter.com/jdanton/status/594932767642800129
Joey D'Antoni ‏@jdanton May 3
Stay tuned maybe not collarbone [after cycling accident]

Justin Dearing‏@zippy1981 May 3
@SQLHA @jdanton @DBArgenis Also, I'll notify Rob Ford so his heart can bleed for you.

I'm not seeing any references to other Rob Fords on the guy's TL. The realtor guy, on the other hand, seems to have his RFs mixed up.

That would mean we'd also have to convince them to give up their privilege to use violence (sexual, domestic, workplace, social, police and military etc.) to enforce their other "privileges". As long as only their hearts "bleed", right Robbie?

People who refuse to acknowledge their own privilege, like much of Ford Nation, tend to lack compassion. To paraphrase Billy Wilder after Peter Sellers' multiple heart attacks, 'you have to have a heart before it can bleed'.

I think we have all learned that being rational and being Rob are mutually exclusive.

Maybe he is just enjoying the time he has left. Just one theory...

For real. I checked out a few pro-Trump Twitter accounts. The stuff they post is downright evil! Ford supporters are dumb and homophobic but seem to stop short of the over the top racist stuff you see Trump supporters post.

He has awakened a dark underbelly of conservative voters.

I do find it somewhat delicious that, when ranked by relevance in 411, the mean-spirited cretin Robert Bruce Ford is second to last and Randy comes first.

But, but, but Rob's a director at the Hockey Hall of Fame and Randy's just the office boy at Deco.

candidate for mayor.PNG

https://twitter.com/johnnay_m/status/677622709610762245

rob linkedin.PNG

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/rob-ford-2a3a6719

Attachments

• candidate for mayor.PNG
    candidate for mayor.PNG
    28.9 KB · Views: 865
  • rob linkedin.PNG
    rob linkedin.PNG
    101.7 KB · Views: 894
Ummm... that's satire, right? "Their previous life expectancy was artificially high." (?) Taking a privilege -- a real thing and a real problem -- and saying that it's 'good' that uneducated white men are now drinking themselves to death is pretty cruel. Hopefully we can get to a point where the privilege is gone but the happiness is back.
I'm not saying it's good that they are suffering, I'm saying things are evening out. Why should "Group B" always be dealt the shit cards solely because they belong to that group, while "Group A" always gets the aces (solely because they belong to that group)? Every deck of cards contains shit cards and aces, but the game shouldn't be rigged. Maybe you think everyone can be a winner, but I don't know of any society in the world where that's happening. Not necessarily due to discrimination, but due to the way economies are structured --- with there always having to be a lower class doing shit work for next to nothing, so that the middle class can afford lots of inexpensive crap and the elite can reap huge profits off the labour of others (but that's a conversation for another thread, I suppose).

Lack of opportunity leads to drinking, drug use, crime... isn't that what is often said about poor black/minority communities?? Now sometimes whites face lack of opportunity, but it's not because anyone is discriminating against them; it's simply because they have to share opportunity with people who were previously denied it. There are only so many jobs, only so many spots available at university. It's like a big game of musical chairs and when the music stops, there aren't enough chairs for everyone, and there's no longer a "Reserved for white dudes" sign on the chairs.

That's what led Marc Lepine to kill women at Ecole Polytechnique... maybe if they weren't letting women into jobs that used be "just for men", there'd be more room for him (he had applied to the school and been rejected).

sorry about the condo confusion. that realtor's post is what confused everything for me. for what it's worth... the property he mentions is owned by a robert ford from brampton...
brampton rob.JPG

http://pbctax.manatron.com/tabs/propertyTax/accountdetail.aspx?p=52-42-42-01-23-000-1206

i just assumed making sure to tell me that it's owned by rob ford from toronto, meant that it was robbie.

plus it was a steakhouse, and we know he likes those.

but i still wouldn't be surprised to learn that he did travel somewhere though.

Attachments

• brampton rob.JPG
    brampton rob.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 810
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back