News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford was in on the meeting for the Union Station for lease renegotiations to add more retail, dining, and cultural amenities. From link.

And city real estate officials agreed that doing so would turn the site into a destination as well as a transit hub.

“This was seen as a transportation hub, slash, mall,” said Toronto Real Estate Director Joe Casali. “Now it’s seen as a destination that could fuel the downtown.”

Local councillor Pam McConnell was supportive of the plan to beef up the public space at the station.

“This is a way that people can get their groceries on the way home, get their dinners,” said McConnell. “We have very busy people here so we have to make it very easy. (Enhancing) this kind of central iconic place says to me we are proud of what we have at the City of Toronto.”

Only Etobicoke North Councillor Rob Ford, back after enduring his third round of chemotherapy, voted against the plan.

He said that he did so to be consistent, insisting that he had opposed the Union Station redevelopment every step of the way and wouldn’t change his position even faced with an enhancement that seemed to cost Torontonians nothing.

“I never voted for it,” he said. “It started off as a mess and I’m not going to be hypocritical and jump in and say it’s a good deal.”

The lease renegotiation will be decided by Toronto Council at its meeting on Feb. 4.

am i the only one distracted by his new grill?

1297789873628_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/04/rob-ford-returns-to-work-sole-dissenter-to-union-station-plan

Attachments

• 1297789873628_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1297789873628_ORIGINAL.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 653
On Wednesday, Jan. 6, Ford said he’ll be starting a fourth round of what he said his doctors call “the juice” on Wednesday, for a five day process that he expects will keep him from city hall for much of the rest of January.
[...]
“They think it’s working great,” he said. “They call it ‘the juice’ — and the juice is taking to me. There are so many cocktails they could give to me and they said, ‘let’s go with the first cocktail.’ And this time, I’m not losing my hair. Last time I lost my hair.”
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...xpected-to-undergo-new-round-of-chemotherapy/

2015 Villain: Jim Karygiannis

Nominated for: challenging Rob Ford and Giorgio Mammoliti for the title of biggest council blowhard.
Torontoist is reflecting on 2015 by naming our Heroes and Villains—the people, places, things, and ideas that have had the most positive and negative impacts on the city over the past 12 months. Cast your ballot until midnight on January 7. At noon on January 8, we’ll reveal your choices for Toronto’s Superhero and Supervillain of the year.
http://torontoist.com/2016/01/2015-villain-jim-karygiannis/

Woah, when did that happen. A Christmas gift from Mama perhaps?

His teeth always bugged me.
we caught when he got his new teeth. it's somewhere a little while back in this thread. (i decided to do a search... it was at the beginning of october).

it's just that in that picture especially, they look out of place.

Last edited:
Effectively, he combines these five tweets with O'Regan's three to create four minutes of outrage over the way he predicts the media might cover this story of a backbench MP who drinks too much, wants to stop, and—being a former journalist—had the good sense to tell everyone he was checking into a clinic before one his political enemies figured it out.

Being a tremendous cock, Ezra can't really do much more than speculate wildly.

Woah, when did that happen. A Christmas gift from Mama perhaps?

His teeth always bugged me.

They were distractingly small, yellow and widely spaced before. Now they're distractingly fake-looking. At least he looks less deathly, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back