News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody would have cared, especially given that his main opponent in the race didn't have a university degree either. Ford tends toward this kind of dishonesty, though - it's why he lied about being at the Leafs game when he made that drunken tirade and why he immediately lied when confronted with the DUI record. He later came clean on both instances.

Can I say 'I told you guys so'?
Retrospect, Rocco Rossi would have been by far the BEST Mayor for Toronto....
aw well..

I think you'll even get Ford Supporters that think he's quite the 'simpleton'

p.s. Adam Vaughan is also does not have a Uni degree...

Did Mel lastman havea Degree? (I don't think so?)

aw well..

I think you've missed the point. No one cares whether he has a degree or not. Heck, part of his charm is that he's a straight talkin' blue collar idiot. People are upset that he feels the need to continually lie about his past. There was NO benefit to lying about this.

aw well..

Would you vote for Rocco Rossi for MP if he ran for the Federal Liberals?

Nothing blue collar about Ford, unless you mistakenly equate "blue collar" with lack of sophistication.

Nope, nothing at all. Richer than shit. Nepotism at it's finest. But the Horde thinks he's blue collar and that's all that matters. They also think he's honest and hardworking...

If only Ford knew what it feels like to be a blue collared worker. Ford has even admitted he has never had to apply for a job in his life. Must be nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason Ford became a politician is because his father didn't want him in the family business. The Ford family threw a lot of $$$$ and support behind him to get him elected as a councillor. He basically got the job riding on the coattail of his father. Now that he is mayor, there is no doubt, a lot of people behind the scenes are trying to keep him motivated and interested enough in his job, so that he doesn't completely F it Up. In the end I think he'll F it up big time.

Nope, nothing at all. Richer than shit. Nepotism at it's finest. But the Horde thinks he's blue collar and that's all that matters. They also think he's honest and hardworking...

What about nepotism in the public sector?

i.e. The Layton family?

I would think that's even more appauling.

Good answer on the Rossi-as-Liberal question. I was just doing an ideology check.

There is literally no difference between the Layton Family and the Ford Family when it comes to public-sector nepotism.

Tee-hee. Teabonics strikes again.
I often think the complete lack of communication skills and basic spelling ability seen on UT is hilarious. It's even more so when it's someone trying to make a strong, evocative point but can't even get the thought out without flubbing it.

As for the Layton family, what nepotism? Jack and Olivia and now son are all elected by the public. No one pulled any strings, and other than name recognition I don't see how they got their positions in a negative manner. Where you really see nepotism in Canada is in the private sector in Quebec.

Last edited:
You know, AFAIK this hasn't been commented on yet, but when it comes to regime changes, the absence of Howard Moscoe in the new Council will really be felt--i.e. Moscoe as the wiliest, most resilient advocate of old-school NDP-style "Big Government". Because the newer bunch of progressives are either more specifically issue-based or teetering on the NDP/Liberal line, there isn't really a "new Moscoe" in the offing--though by voting against the councillor pay cut, Gord Perks *might* be staking a claim...

Edit: as I think about it, had Moscoe remained on Council, he might have whipped more lefties against the pay cut, as opposed to the motley lefty-and-righty rump that actually did vote against.

Last edited:
Will there be a Mayor's Levy in the new year? Will it be open to all citizen as it has been in the past or will it be invited guests only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back