39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my god....
icon_lol.gif

Obviously not really from Towhey:
Kat, I was howling when I saw these, especially Worthington's! Too bad it takes so much work to page back I'm sure there are other gems.

So many people say they're praying for him--I actually read a study that found people who were sick and had folks praying for them actually had worse health outcomes. It was a study done by this religious foundation hoping to prove the power of prayer but it ended up proving the opposite!

So many people say they're praying for him--I actually read a study that found people who were sick and had folks praying for them actually had worse health outcomes. It was a study done by this religious foundation hoping to prove the power of prayer but it ended up proving the opposite!

That's really odd too, if the hypothesis is it doesn't do anything.

Pieces of Rob Ford growing inside mice ... Gross. Sounds like the beginnings of a bad sci-fi movie.

I liked it better when we weren't hearing anything.

Did the mice develop a taste for football and coke? A reverse Flowers for Algernon perhaps?

AoD

Last edited:

Because prayer is a totally useless intervention. If someone is sick, go visit them or make them a lasagna.

That's really odd too, if the hypothesis is it doesn't do anything.

Did the mice develop a taste for football and coke? A reverse Flowers for Algernon perhaps?

AoD

What about the Rob Ford cocktail - Gatorade and Iceberg Vodka?

As for prayer - I'm agnostic by the way - I think it has power as a spiritual/meditative act. It focuses the mind and provides many people with comfort. So if I was asked whether I believe in the power of prayer, I'd say yes, even if I don't believe in any sort of divine intervention.

I just took a stroll through the Portlands. Dougie was right about one thing--big wasted opportunity there. It reminds me of that closet in your house where you store a bunch of useless crap that you'll never use. Only it has so much potential. Some good memories at the Docks though. My wife and I played in a volleyball league together there when we first started dating.

Put the dots together, folks: It looks like Doug is positioning himself to be the guy that cures Rob's cancer, while hitching himself to the hard work of others thanks, no doubt to a measly donation from the Ford family, then as quickly as you can say "it's all about service over self," propel his own selfish ass into a seat in Queen's Park.

They had better hope it works, because if Rob doesn't make it, the newly renamed "Ford Panov Sarcoma Initiative" will be dead on the vine, presuming it can even survive this infamous-celebrity endorsement.

Actually it could be a hell of a money-maker for the research either way, and a hell of a redemption for Robbie's legacy. As the spokesmodel for cancer research Doug - because the Ford's are so evidence based in all of their political efforts - could tout his expertise and the family's "charity" to good causes (if you can forget Doug's trying to get autistic kids kicked out of residential group homes) and become a Folks Hero for Patrick Brown.

What about the Rob Ford cocktail - Gatorade and Iceberg Vodka?

As for prayer - I'm agnostic by the way - I think it has power as a spiritual/meditative act. It focuses the mind and provides many people with comfort. So if I was asked whether I believe in the power of prayer, I'd say yes, even if I don't believe in any sort of divine intervention.
Thought Forms are the basis for all "magic".

Same waxing of the Ford brand and hating on the government one can expect twattling SAL. The most important sentence is at the last of the piece, phase 2: "It will involve all the sarcoma doctors at Mount Sinai, the Ontario Cancer Institute and several hospitals in Israel to look at what is the genetic mutation that causes benign liposarcoma cells to become malignant."
Rob Ford to be first to participate in cancer research program
TORONTO - Former Toronto mayor Rob Ford’s medical prognosis may lie in the tiny paws of 10 lab mice.

Severely ill with a form of malignant liposarcoma — an aggressive cancer that attacked first his abdomen and now his bladder — Ford’s brother Doug says he’ll be the first to participate in the Panov program, a $1-million clinical research initiative at Mount Sinai Hospital.
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/07/rob-ford-to-be-first-to-participate-in-cancer-research-program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back