8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of the 3 comments:

I'm signing this petition to have a statue built of former mayor rob ford because I believe he has done a great deal for this city and its residents coming to the roughest areas and making sure tenants are living OK he was a kind man may his soul rest in peace Toronto will never forget him
Dylan Cadieux, Barrie, Canada

I truly felt his leadership in our wonderful city
Allen Marchildon, Markham, Canada

Says the guys who don't live in Toronto.

He's dead. Everyone dies. Some earlier than others. We all like a good "repentance"/"redemption" story but we're not going to find one here. I doubt anyone here is happy that Rob Ford is dead or takes any pleasure in premature death from cancer. But there's a big difference between basic human empathy - which I'm sure we all share - and disgust at the media/Ford family whitewashing of a self-destructive, troubled life.

Said it before, will say it again - those who claim that what they've read here is disgusting seem to have absolutely no issue with him saying equally, if not more disgusting things as someone in a position of power and influence - and in fact often bend over backwards in his defense (often along the "he speaks his mind, it's refreshing, I wish more politicians would be "honest" like him" slant). Or on that matter, have no issues with (if not downright being an active participant of) anyone saying disgusting - and often threatening things about politicians that they happen to not like (e.g. Wynne).

AoD

Last edited:
I don't know what you said about projecting...your posts are barely coherent. I guess you're implying that my dad is dead, or he abused me? Beats me.
The vitriol displayed in this thread is utterly disgusting and makes Trump's despicable conduct seem mild by comparison. A man has fallen victim to a horrible disease at a very young age. A father, a husband, a brother and yes, a troubled and very controversial former mayor of the biggest city in Canada. Your criticisms have been noted, I assure you. The moderators should really shut this thread down. Is that what this forum is about? Spewing hatred and animosity at fallen leaders?

If you are that fixated on the past, I suggest you look deep within yourself at the source of your anger and frustrations- I can assure you it doesn't actually emanate from a deeply troubled person who tragically no longer walks the earth.
Dave? Neil? Randy?

For a couple of days my mom felt really bad for Ford. Today, she is furious and just as disgusted as she was when he was mayor and mad at herself for feeling empathy! I told her I was glad because I was mad at her, too! Apparently 1010 has been disgusting in their praise of him.

For a couple of days my mom felt really bad for Ford. Today, she is furious and just as disgusted as she was when he was mayor and mad at herself for feeling empathy! I told her I was glad because I was mad at her, too! Apparently 1010 has been disgusting in their praise of him.

I stopped listening to talk radio, skipping the first 10 minutes of the news on TV. Maybe this forum will die in time but someone might have to start a new one since the Fiefdom needs a Ford Lord.

The "Sunshine List" came out today. While we may know how much Rob Ford made as Councillor ($105,397), we don't know how much he (and Doug) makes at Deco Labels. Rob would be on that "Sunshine List" with or without his Councillor salary, if we knew his "salary" for signing papers at Deco.

That "Sunshine List" should be adjusted for inflation.

I stopped listening to talk radio, skipping the first 10 minutes of the news on TV. Maybe this forum will die in time but someone might have to start a new one since the Fiefdom needs a Ford Lord.

Call it "Ford Follies" or something like that.

The "Sunshine List" came out today. While we may know how much Rob Ford made as Councillor ($105,397), we don't know how much he (and Doug) makes at Deco Labels. Rob would be on that "Sunshine List" with or without his Councillor salary, if we knew his "salary" for signing papers at Deco.

That "Sunshine List" should be adjusted for inflation.
He did more than sign papers, he actively worked accounts he brought aboard until at least until 2012.

Too bad RF died so young. I know what it's like to lose young family members so I can empathize with his grieving family. However, RF was the worst mayor this city ever had. His death doesn't change his legacy of divisivness and mean spirited grandstanding. He did all he could to tear city hall apart. It would be the irony of ironies if those "elites" at city hall spent TAXPAYERS' hard earned dollars on a monument to him.
Rest in peace RF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back