News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wynne and Tory's contributions to this ongoing travesty. As we can see across the border with the snake pit that's become of the Republican Party, it's dangerous to encourage this kind of extremism. Give people like Doug Ford an inch, even if only to show the minimum amount of decorum or politeness, and they'll take as much advantage as they can get away with every time. As we've all just seen. And it was a repugnant display, wasn't it?

Most elections these days are exercises in lesser-evilism, in which inoffensive centrist mediocrities are generally the only viable choice if we want to keep out-and-out lunatics from public office. Both Wynne and Tory are beneficiaries of this unfortunate state of affairs, and that being the case, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to put some effort in blocking this kind of crap. Especially when they would pay no price for doing so. Ford Nayshun isn't a political movement; it's a bizarre cult of personality whose object of worship has just kicked the bucket.
Tory had no excuse - Ford was a coworker so like it or not he had to go. There was no need for Wynne to be there, given that the Lt.Gov was present.

Never mind the politicians, their words should always be taken at face value. What about the ersatz journalists covering the event ? Who's telling them to be utterly disingenuous. What a bunch of hacks !

Jonathan Goldsbie
@goldsbie

David Price was just booted out of the venue by police, at the direction of organizers.
Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
(He wasn't doing anything in particular, he's just not welcome.)

People in Toronto will forever confuse the baseball player and Ford family friend.

Last edited:
You got to wonder what that was about. I don't see how for all his failings he is any more of an embarrassment as the rest of the family.

AoD

He and Doug were no longer friends after Price went to the National Post and told them, among other things, that he hasn't been able to find work since losing his job at city hall.

You got to wonder what that was about. I don't see how for all his failings he is any more of an embarrassment as the rest of the family.

AoD
This is the new and improved Ford family. It's time to revamp Doug for the mayor's job in a couple of years. You can't teach loyalty but you can replace it with new and improved.

Is it 100% confirmed Rob was buried today? I have a feeling Doug might trot out the casket in 2018 when he launches his Mayoral campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back