News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see him sitting at Council without Rob. Too boring. Maybe he's worried about not being visible enough before the next mayoral run.

Doug can't be running for an election that (I haven't seen or) doesn't exist.

City Council has to decide whether to appoint a replacement or run a by-election.

My guess is that this is the first of many non-announcements to come. He needs to stay relevant for another year before the 2018 campaign begins.

Doug can't be running for an election that (I haven't seen or) doesn't exist.

City Council has to decide whether to appoint a replacement or run a by-election.

My guess is that this is the first of many non-announcements to come. He needs to stay relevant for another year before the 2018 campaign begins.

Well, in all fairness, he does need to announce that he's announcing something. He just never gets past that part of the process.

Is Cho's seat officially vacant now that he is a sitting MPP, or does council still need to declare it vacant?

Is Cho's seat officially vacant now that he is a sitting MPP, or does council still need to declare it vacant?

It hasn't been declared vacant yet, let alone decided if it'll be filled by appointment or a by-election. Given that Mike Ford just filled Rob's seat in a by-election, it would look a little off if council decided to appoint someone.

However, Doug can't be announcing his candidacy for an election that hasn't been called or even decided if there'll be one. But, maybe that's exactly what he's going to do.

It hasn't been declared vacant yet, let alone decided if it'll be filled by appointment or a by-election. Given that Mike Ford just filled Rob's seat in a by-election, it would look a little off if council decided to appoint someone.

However, Doug can't be announcing his candidacy for an election that hasn't been called or even decided if there'll be one. But, maybe that's exactly what he's going to do.

He really hates being out of the spotlight.

Someone on twitter said she received a robocall from Doug tonight and that he's having another Fordfest last week.

Serious speculation that he's running for the Federal Conservative Leadership. The man has a sick warped sense of self if he thinks that he has even a remote chance of becoming Prime Minister.

Serious speculation that he's running for the Federal Conservative Leadership. The man has a sick warped sense of self if he thinks that he has even a remote chance of becoming Prime Minister.
He's watching Trump have all the fun, suck up all the news coverage, be talked about 24/7 on TV, and he's jealous... thinking "that could be me!"

He may think he has a chance -- why not? People said Trump had no chance. People said Jeb Bush was the anointed one and had all the right party connections. Ted Cruz had a following. People said the GOP would never allow Trump get the nomination. And yet... here we are.

And it's worse here in Canada. If you lose in the U.S., you slink away with no job. Here, if you win a seat, you're an MP. Even if you lose the election, you're still an MP and can sit in the HoC, be the leader of the opposition. $163K a year isn't bad, either.

More from the morass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back