News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Dale sounds really upset. Usually he has such a sense of humour on twitter but he just said this:

"Who hides in your bushes?" I prefer to ignore Doug Ford, but he's still lying about me four years later.

I didn't watch the clip of Doug talking because I don't like vomiting but I guess Doug is repeating his usual lies. Someone told him to ignore Doug and he said this:

"I've learned that you can't deal with lies like this by ignoring them."

So I wonder if he will sue this time and stick with it. Also, SAL made similar comments about him, maybe it's time to be cut throat.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Thug tries to deny the existence of a ghostwriter and snatch all the credit himself for this (no doubt) literary masterpiece. It's how the Fords roll, after all.

What interests me is just how libelous the book's going to be. We all know the Fords wildly lie through their teeth whenever it suits them. The publishers' lawyers notwithstanding, there's no small amount of danger when the book's very appeal is salacious gossip and tabloid-level scandal, and when the "writer" happens to be an inveterate serial liar and sociopath who sees nothing wrong with his typically destructive behavior...that strikes me as an environment rich for law suits, wouldn't y'all say? Especially if Dofo is looking to dish out a little payback to his many enemies here, and is dumb enough to take his usual bull-inna-china-shop approach with claims that might not be exactly true. Heh, heh.

It's like Doug actually wants people to sue his ass off ... because he and Rob are way, way shadier than any allegation he's hinted at about other councillors and journalists until now.

It's like Doug actually wants people to sue his ass off ... because he and Rob are way, way shadier than any allegation he's hinted at about other councillors and journalists until now.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if the publisher had involvement in the editorial process, re: vetting content, aren't they also vulnerable to being named in a lawsuit?

Anyway, the words of a dead man according to Dougie... hearsay is not strong enough a word, and is not first person testimony.

Rosie's article states a great point of the use of “lie”, it's derivatives and “rock” (I wonder how many times Robbie is called a “rock star” in the book), someone should make a compilation of Ford power words.

On the topic of “lies”, I wonder how many times the circle jerk “The City” with the boys will be used to prove Dougie and the book wrong.

I wonder if Doug let Patrick Brown read any of the drafts yet or if Ray Cho had any insights to offer in the writing. I think Doug should have gotten eminent historian and erudite former Canadian Connie Black to ghost write.

If we're to use the Justin comments as a barometer, the "libelousness" will likely be nothing more than RoDoFo commonplaces, nothing new to see here, move on. If you want a truly libel-esque text, stick with Towhey.

I dunno. There's the typical Limbaugh-esque bluster and trash talk you get from the Fords, which is usually bad enough on its own merits, but they've been known to go way overboard in the heat of the moment. For an obvious example of the latter - one might say the obvious example - see Blob's utterly despicable and transparent attempt to smear Daniel Dale as a pedophile. Throwing around irresponsible accusations like that for a little payback is not a normal part of the political give and take, even for politicians of their scumbag ilk. (It's even more noteworthy when you consider that Dale didn't actually do anything to the fucking pigs.)

Also like Limbaugh, the Fords lie practically every time they open their greasy mouths and whenever they get away with something, it only encourages them on to further outrages. They just can't seem to help themselves on the latter point, and I rather suspect Thug considers baby bro's little attack on Dale to be a success because Dale was willing to call off his lawsuit over a public apology. By all accounts, Dofo is even more reckless and nasty-minded than Rofo was. All of that added up together would seem to point towards all sorts of fun to come, no?

Doug's book sounds like the result of him giving himself one of his famous top-to-bottom enemas. I'd suggest he do the book drop at Tim Horton outlets nationally: each book purchase gets you a *free* Rob Ford Memorial bobblehead (They must still have a wrarehouse full of them). Then at least purchasers won't be thinking "I could have bought a case of beer for this" at the cash register.

Wait -- DoFo thinks Ford Nation reads books?!?
haha.gif

They don't have a computer.

I think Dale has to sue this time. Doug probably figures he and Rob both won, Rob by apologizing to Dale and Doug apologizing to Blair. Time for DD to step up and this time go all the way.
I would like to see that. No doubt DD has toughened up a lot in the last year or two. From the soft-spoken shy reporter on the city beat who got scared and ran when Rob cocked his fist at him.... now something like that probably happens to him at every Trump rally he covers, by guys who are also open carrying firearms, since their Dear Leader encourages them to mistrust and hate mainstream media. Doubt he's intimidated by FoFam goons anymore.

Doug's book sounds like the result of him giving himself one of his famous top-to-bottom enemas. I'd suggest he do the book drop at Tim Horton outlets nationally: each book purchase gets you a *free* Rob Ford Memorial bobblehead (They must still have a wrarehouse full of them). Then at least purchasers won't be thinking "I could have bought a case of beer for this" at the cash register.

I'm hoping Doug has penned at least one chapter on the economics of running a weed empire out of a park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back