News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather get the book Bill Davis: Nation Builder, and Not So Bland After All

9781459731752.jpg

About the author(s): "Doug Ford is the president of Deco Labels and Tags. The former Toronto city councillor for Ward 2 threw himself into the mayoral campaign in 2014 after his brother Rob exited the race with a serious illness. Ford continues to lead the team at Deco and actively participates in provincial politics. He lives in Toronto with his wife, Karla, and his four children."

Why does Doug continue to preserve the delusion that his daughters are under 10 years old?

For all we know, for "home address" purposes, it *is* still their home. (Even Krista Haynes.)

Surprise, surprise! It seems the Sun has been given the exclusive right to tease us with excerpts from the BroFo's book:

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/20/sneak-peak-at-ford-nation

If these are the juiciest excerpts they could find, then the rest of the book is going to be a real slog. Here's my take for what it's worth:

— There is no evidence that Rob had any part writing this.

— Doug claims Rob never released his schedule for security reasons, regurgitates his brother's lies about his encounter with Mary Walsh, and adds a few of his own.

— The stuff about Rob's last days is genuinely sad, but of course no one cried better than Doug.

The notion of RoFo always thinking he was going to die young strikes me as interesting--though in more of a "suicide wish" way than DoFo'll ever acknowledge. (And that goes even--especially?--for his earlier ticking-time-bomb behaviour on Council.)

Even reading that excerpt makes me cringe. It's nothing more than a cheap novella. Although I still chuckle at the story of Marg Delahunty ... Mary Walsh was widely known to spring herself upon political figures and it would have been Adrienne Batra's job to brief Rob to expect that he would be punked. Despite Rob's total mishandling of the situation, it was his staff that get the #fail on that one.

Surprise, surprise! It seems the Sun has been given the exclusive right to tease us with excerpts from the BroFo's book:

If these are the juiciest excerpts they could find, then the rest of the book is going to be a real slog. Here's my take for what it's worth:

— There is no evidence that Rob had any part writing this.

— Doug claims Rob never released his schedule for security reasons, regurgitates his brother's lies about his encounter with Mary Walsh, and adds a few of his own.

— The stuff about Rob's last days is genuinely sad, but of course no one cried better than Doug.
Ya, the parts about his last days were sad. I must admit looking back I actually feel sorry for him and kind of miss the guy--he had no business being mayor though lol.

I believe Towhey's version of why they didn't release a schedule over Doug's. Towhey said it was because Rob was so unreliable with his boozing etc that he'd skip events half the time.

I believe Towhey's version of why they didn't release a schedule over Doug's. Towhey said it was because Rob was so unreliable with his boozing etc that he'd skip events half the time.

Doug's version also ignores the fact that most of the time—schedule or not—Rob's staff didn't know where he was . . . so, the opposite of security.

The BroFo Teaser, part 2.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/2...ndal-and-the-future-excerpts-from-ford-nation

Again, no sign at all of Rob having written a single word of this. It's all Doug, including his intentions to continue some—unspecified—where in politics.

If he's going to get me to read this thing, let along buy it, he had better start dishing the dirt he promised. Otherwise, I'll just wait for Goldsbie to tweet the juicy bits.

hmm, re the excerpt where Doug claims to have been in the car when he heard about the crack admission - I'd thought he was at Ryerson when that hell broke loose?

If those excerpts are anything to go by, Thug's book is going to be the perfect cure for insomnia. Which, once again, points out the vast difference in scale between them and a much more potent menace like Donald Trump. Trump, give him his due, managed to coast his way into being a media celebrity and build himself into a brand entirely by force of personality. That's no small feat, and look where it's brought him. Luck certainly played its role, as did the weakness, cowardice and incompetence of the various people/agencies that should have been standing in his way all along - another similarity with the Fords, incidentally - but he nevertheless managed to somehow claw his way towards the White House. Incredibly enough.

Dofo and his idiot baby bro, on t'other hand, are/were at heart nothing more than a couple of stupid, mean hicks, and are/were every bit as boring as that description implies. Which is to say, they're as dull as fuckin' dishwater. Amateurish and small-time, to be sure, which definitely limited their options, but when you get past the sitcom contrivance of somebody like Rofo actually being elected to an office as high as Mayor of a major city, the plain fact is that the two scumbags just aren't all that interesting. As their embarrassingly pathetic attempts to break into the media goes to show. Thug must be watching the events across the border while grinding his fangs in sheer, jealous rage. Heh, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back