News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt there, given the lack of context. And given he was partying with people from a minority community. If he finished a sentence with "they are just fucking children", I would think he was expressing concern about the children - not belittling them for being children.

The former is an illness - likely a genetic predisposition, given that we already know that his sister is a drug addict - Rob Ford has said this himself - and there are reports Doug Ford was also buying crack from the same dealer. In retrospect, I would be surprised if one of his parents also didn't have addiction problems. I don't think we can judge him too harshly on what is an illness. However, his bigotry is a choice.

So he gets the benefit of the doubt in one instance, but not the other? Look, I know he's bigoted against gays, I'm pretty sure he's bigoted against everyone who's not a white, straight, football player. But I don't understand how you could say his bigotry against gays (which has been well established) is the big story here. It's not.

EDIT: I just don't agree that it would be far worse that Toronto's mayor is a bigot than a lying crack smoker. Everyone knew he was a bigot. Everyone. Saying "fag" whilst high on crack is way less proof than we had before. What's crazy about this is that he's high on crack with now dead gang members saying it. The bigotry was out in the open from day one, that's not news.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm willing to wait this story out but I'm enjoying the s**tstorm on social media tonight.

That said, I thought it was the left wing kooks with the pipe.

The former is an illness - likely a genetic predisposition, given that we already know that his sister is a drug addict - Rob Ford has said this himself - and there are reports Doug Ford was also buying crack from the same dealer. In retrospect, I would be surprised if one of his parents also didn't have addiction problems. I don't think we can judge him too harshly on what is an illness. However, his bigotry is a choice.

Certainly he's culturally, if not genetically, predisposed to be a bigot. I don't blame him for his bigotry.

Another issue I raised a while back raises its ugly head: what was the nature of the relationship btw/the Ford and the Chuvalo kids...

So he gets the benefit of the doubt in one instance, but not the other? Look, I know he's bigoted against gays, I'm pretty sure he's bigoted against everyone who's not a white, straight, football player. But I don't understand how you could say his bigotry against gays (which has been well established) is the big story here. It's not.
It might not be for you, but as I pointed out above, your assuming me of being gay says a lot about your own prejudices.

Last edited:

EDIT: I just don't agree that it would be far worse that Toronto's mayor is a bigot than a lying crack smoker. Everyone knew he was a bigot. Everyone. Saying "fag" whilst high on crack is way less proof than we had before. What's crazy about this is that he's high on crack with now dead gang members saying it. The bigotry was out in the open from day one, that's not news.

The whole thing about the video makes his racist and homophobic comments a nonstory.

That being said, the fact that he called a fellow politician a faggot is unacceptable. He needs to apologize to LGBT individuals, Torontonians and MP Trudeau.

It might not be for you, but as I pointed out above, your accusing me of being gay says a lot about your own prejudices.

accusing? I never considered it something to be accused of. That sounds like a crime, damn.

Ok, to clear things up (if I can at this point). I'm NOT saying that what Ford said is in anyway ok. It's just not far worse than being a lying crack smoker, as far as I'm concerned. It's a bit of a red herring in this context.

accusing? I never considered it something to be accused of.
Fair enough ... I was choosing the word from what I'd have thought your point of view was. But it was a poor choice of words. I should have said assumed.

Though I still think that your assumption I was gay ... and your need to bring it into the thread, says a lot about your prejudices.

Ford will make an announcement from city hall according to Global News tomorrow at 3:15pm. Should be fun.

Care to elaborate?

I've been hearing about news about to break from a source who's been 100% correct every time he's given me a tip. After the nature of the scandal was blown open by Gawker, I called my source and he gave me further details. The police has seen the video or is aware of its contents and there's no way Ford will get away with no charges. He's the Mayor and has connections to a criminal drug ring even if just as a regular buyer. Like I said, "This is a big fucking deal". There's a very strong indication that this will end with Ford led away in cuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back