News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought: The campaign is now over $33K. Whoever has this video in their possession knows this is his money! You think he's just going to throw it away? This money is better than no money. I doubt he'll get any other source paying higher (maybe Rob but that's blackmail). He's probably giggling right now, realizing that this is his bank account ticking up by the minute. It'll probably hit $100K within the next 48hrs. He's not going to just forfit $100K and let Gawker give it away to charity.

Unless some gangbangers who might be exposed in the video get to him first or unless Ford buys the video himself, it's going to go public.

Can Gawker get the money if it doesn't hit 200K?

Another thought: The campaign is now over $33K. Whoever has this video in their possession knows this is his money! You think he's just going to throw it away? This money is better than no money. I doubt he'll get any other source paying higher (maybe Rob but that's blackmail). He's probably giggling right now, realizing that this is his bank account ticking up by the minute. It'll probably hit $100K within the next 48hrs. He's not going to just forfit $100K and let Gawker give it away to charity.

Unless some gangbangers who might be exposed in the video get to him first or unless Ford buys the video himself, it's going to go public.

Can Gawker get the money if it doesn't hit 200K?

Unfortunately Gawker's campaign is fixed-funded - meaning if they don't hit their goal of $200,000, everyone gets their money back. So even if it hits $175K, the dealer is out of luck and can't get the money. That's probably the most unfortunate part about all of this - we may go 11 days and come up short, at say $125K - even if the drug dealer says "ok, I'll take $100K" the crowdfunding would have to start alllll over again. By then it may not have the momentum and it could come up short again, and then the cycle repeats... personally I am waiting a few days because if your sources are correct MetroMan I would like to see how things progress. Thanks for the updates - can't wait for the next one! :)

Just donated $15. I calculated the average contribution to $30 (including Gawker's $15,000), but didn't feel comfortable letting go with that amount of money.

One thing I hope is that Ford seriously looks to get help about this. If everything is true, virtually everything he has worked for will be destroyed. Imagine everything you have ever worked for being taken away, all because of a video catching you not in your best moment. Granted, it is a little more than that, but I don't think too many of us have life long careers and community involvements that will now be worthless due to illicit drug use. Not to mention the alienation of family and friends due to the comments recorded (which are more damning than anything he may have smoked, and we are talking about Ford here). Lord knows if I was videotaped 24/7, some of the things I've said or done in private would not be socially acceptable, as is the case with most people.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Ford Nation needs to support him right now by telling him it is alright that he made a mistake and that he can move on from it. More importantly, he needs to know that there are people out there which do care for him and his well being.

Perhaps it is hypocritical of me to give that lecture right after donating money to the kickstarter, but the first step to rehabilitation is admitting that you have a problem. If this helps him seek out the help he needs, then it is worth it.

I guess Rob Ford will now win the poll for "Candidate that Torontonians would rather share a crack pipe with."

Problem with this i that legally, Ford cannot buy this. Qualifies as blackmail. And the police (who have apparently been monitoring His Worship)for some time will have to take action. We can't have gang affiliated, blackmailed politicians on the loose.

Problem with this I that legally, Ford cannot buy this. Qualifies as blackmail. And the police (who have apparently been monitoring His Worship)for some time will have to take action. We can't have gang affiliated, blackmailed politicians on the loose.
Rob Ford has a dilemma: if he buys the video, he goes to jail for blackmailing; if [insert media outlet] buys the video and have the world see him taking crack, he also goes to jail.

No matter what, Rob Ford goes to jail, unless he does something miraculous, which he had done many times.

Problem with this i that legally, Ford cannot buy this. Qualifies as blackmail. And the police (who have apparently been monitoring His Worship)for some time will have to take action. We can't have gang affiliated, blackmailed politicians on the loose.

An acquaintance of Ford's could acquire the video, meaning that the evidence is still removed permanently.

Rob Ford has a dilemma: if he buys the video, he goes to jail for blackmailing; if [insert media outlet] buys the video and have the world see him taking crack, he also goes to jail.

No matter what, Rob Ford goes to jail, unless he does something miraculous, which he had done many times.

He won't go to jail if the police don't pursue him. It's up to TPS.

If I were TPS I would have arrested him a long time ago. Not doing so sets a dangerous precedent. Tells the world that it's okay for Toronto politicians to be gang affiliated.

He won't go to jail if the police don't pursue him. It's up to TPS.

If I were TPS I would have arrested him a long time ago. Not doing so sets a dangerous precedent. Tells the world that it's okay for Toronto politicians to be gang affiliated.

That is much worse than Rob Ford going to jail. Toronto's reputation gets sullied instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back