News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I started this thread, I imagined that Ford would eventually tick enough people off to cause a mass demonstration demanding his removal. I thought it would happen in Nathan Phillips Square. Maybe I was off on the location but a group is starting a sit in the street protest outside Rob Ford's house demanding answers.

Sit-ins will garner no sympathy from the public, and will piss off some people who see them as imposing onto poor everyman Ford's already persecuted life. I think just focusing on acquiring the video would work best at this time- let the public hear straight from the horse's mouth.

Sitting in at his home is useless - it's a civic issue and it should be conducted in the most civic spaces of all. Do recall what symbols Viljo Revell's wished to convey with his City Hall building - what better place to hold someone to account? Let him see out his office window to the NPS - or close his blinds - either way, he will see the intended message.

AoD

Sitting in at his home is useless - it's a civic issue and it should be conducted in the most civic spaces of all. Do recall what symbols Viljo Revell's wished to convey with his City Hall building - what better place to hold someone to account? Let him see out his office window to the NPS - or close his blinds - either way, he will see the intended message.

AoD

Not to mention he'll be down at his radio show at the time - if he still is doing that this weekend

AoD

This. A sit-in outside his home is too much, in my books. For one thing, why hassle his wife and kids over this? A sit-in at NPS is 100% appropriate.

I couldn't agree more, his home is absolutely not a place for something like this. Give me a date and time at Nathan Phillips Square and I'll bring my friends and family along, with signs. A sit-in? I'll bring my tent, sleeping bag, necessities and change of clothes.

Tonight on the Daily Show they are going to tackle Crackgate!

Jon Stewart can help us get more donors very easily. Soon enough, Rick Mercer would do a skit on Rob Ford as well.

Average pledge needed per minute is now $11 and dropping!

Last edited:

AoD

I agree. Protest (not sit in) at Nathan Phillips next week. Will send a much stronger message if theres a good turnout.

When's the next council meeting by the way?

Last edited:
A separate source: The video is not in the possession of some kid. This is organized crime. Those $200K are going right into Toronto's drug trade. My hunch that this was a setup was correct. Ford was set up. That doesn't reduce his responsibility and the fact that he smokes crack and does business with drug dealers but it is a bit of a moral dilemma giving these people two hundred grand. They got us though, they have something we want and need. Touché druglords, touché.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back