News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug's speech is designed to carve out sympathy. I suspect that the family strategy is to enhance Doug at this point, since Rob is now a lost cause. It'll play in some circles, but I think most of Toronto wants done with the Fords.

Bingo TonyV. I think the longer they wait, the longer the media assault, the more sympathy they can gather from the last vestiges of Ford Nation.

From Twitter:
Doug Ford's 'press conference' where no one is allowed to ask questions, just inspired me to donate.

I wonder if there will be a spike in donations? :)

Not a lot of support for the Fords in the Twitterverse

Doug Ford lambasted donors of the fundraising campaign for "donating money to drug dealers."

That is the first clear confirmation of a connection to drug dealers.

"Why was Ford hanging out with drug dealers?" is a perfectly appropriate question.
Agreed. If Doug Ford doesn't believe that Rob Ford has any association with drug use - then why does he think those with a video of Rob Ford are drug dealers?

Welp, that presser pretty much poured gasoline on the bonfire which is the Crackstarter campaign.

From Newstalk 1010 Jim Richards twitter feed

Jim RichardsShowgram ‏@JIMrichards1010 2m
Kevin Donovan says The Star won't purchase the alleged video because "they're concerned where the money would end up"
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Jim RichardsShowgram ‏@JIMrichards1010 3m
Toronto Star's Kevin Donovan tells me there is more to be published about Mayor Ford and that he is "talking to other drug dealers"
Expand

Jim RichardsShowgram ‏@JIMrichards1010 7m
Toronto Star's Kevin Donovan on the line to respond to Doug Ford's allegations against The Star just now. SHOWGRAM.
Expand

Or Bill Clinton. Or Sarcozy. Or Weiner. Or.......

This too shall pass.

Those are all sex/sex-related "scandals"...I think the general public has a higher tolerance for that than drug use in high office....I would like to think that Marion Barry falls into the exception that proves the rule rather than being the rule itself.

From Newstalk 1010 Jim Richards twitter feed
Jim RichardsShowgram ‏@JIMrichards1010 2m
Kevin Donovan says The Star won't purchase the alleged video because "they're concerned where the money would end up"

Yup, this is what I have assumed from Day 1. No respectable news organization will pay for it - it would be toxic for them, and a PR nightmare... think of the backlash from, well, everyone for funding drug dealers. It just reinforces the face that the crowdsourcing is really the best way to go. Spread the guilt as thinly as possible :)

guitarchitect:

Like I have said before, the mainstream press is the witness in this affair - they should not be doing what's more or less the job of concerned citizens.

AoD

Buy the video. It would sidestep the ethical quandary of the press buying it from suspect dealers and having to report on it at the same time.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back