News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this curious tweet from Ford's ex-press secretary:

Adrienne Batra ‏@AdrienneBatra 20m
So another Ford bombshell coming, this time in the @globeandmail...assume this is about the councillor and not the mayor? #TOPoli

Adrienne Batra ‏@AdrienneBatra 4m
@downsdispatch They were working on something (presumably the forthcoming bombshell) waaayyyy back when I was in the MO.

I wonder if the Bombshell is about Doug?

Last edited:
Are you confusing it with Now, or perhaps the Trotskyist Weekly? The Star is small-l liberal, but hardly "ultra-left".

Yeah, the Star is left-leaning, small l-liberal. It's concerned about social issues, but it isn't calling for collectivization, nor is it even calling for a return of 1960s-era marginal tax rates. Even the Sun isn't "ultra-right" - it's merely a faux-populist right-wing rag. Ultra-right might be something put out by the Heritage Front.

I'll call the Star 'far left' when they start pushing for the collectivization of agriculture, abolition of government, and the seizure of the means of production by the proletariat.

I'm surprised no-one is using the 'Meth' word where bulbous glass pipes are concerned. Use of it would make Ford's syntax-and-hair-splitting 'denial' easier, and just as easily explain his fraught, zany behaviour.

In the meantime, I suspect "Ford Nation" has a population approaching equal to that of Nauru.

Last edited:
This just tweeted by the Globe & Mail

The Globe and Mail ‏@globeandmaiI 18m
BREAKING: The Globe's pageviews hit all-time high. Thanks everyone! #cdnpoli #TOpoli #RobFord

This just tweeted by the Globe & Mail

The Globe and Mail ‏@globeandmaiI 18m
BREAKING: The Globe's pageviews hit all-time high. Thanks everyone! #cdnpoli #TOpoli #RobFord

It's a fake account. Note the "L" at the end of "globenadmail" is an "I".

I figured it out (possibly): Rob + Doug both checked in to rehab at Xmas 2011 (recall the 911 call and the weight loss challenge). Rob fell off the wagon; not sure about Doug, but my guess is that he's now straightened out for his shot at Tory glory.

What got me thinking about this was Rosie Dimanno's line about Doug clipping his fingernails in council chambers and the fact that short fingernails yield less evidence of drug use.

Anyhoo, just something to pass the time waitking for the Globe to publish.

Interesting, but weren't they both seen around town often during that time?

Both brothers clipping - Rob hair, Doug nails - is most curious.

Last edited:
The way I see it, the Fords have 2 options:

Option A: Repeat last week. Hide in the closet for 8 days. "Deny" the allegations.

Option B: Say this was a "dark period" in their lives and move on.

Either way, their career as politicians is over. I fully expect this to be their last term in public office, especially for Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back